It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama massacre speech: Wiping away tears...and the second amendment

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by TRUELIES11

I would rather arm a responsible person in the school--an administrator, a principal, a vice principal.
Have them carry concealed, MAKE SURE they undergo a mental health check and give them
free training in scenarios likely encountered.

I feel the same way about airplane safety. Arm the pilots with weapons and secure the cockpit
doors. Have bomb sniffing dogs and x-ray machines check luggage and do away with the
TSA.

What we need is to take MORE responsibility for ourselves and to do it in a logical,
practical way....We do not need to take LESS responsibility for ourselves or give that
responsibility away to bureaucrats.

Freedom requires due diligence. Freedom requires sacrifice. The inherent caveat of freedom
is that not only are you free, but everyone else is free....you cannot control them. You MUST
be ready to protect yourself. Freedom cannot exist when citizens are too lazy or afraid to
take responsibility for themselves

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   

I would rather arm a responsible person in the school--an administrator, a principal, a vice principal.

What happens then is you have a shooting inside the school. The entrance to the school should have a metal detector and it would not require any more than two guards per school.

Freedom does not require the lives of children.

There will be no more shootings in the schools.

If nothing is done about the schools, then it could happen again next week. It could happen again Monday.
edit on 15-12-2012 by TRUELIES11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I did not say anything about the speech because it was not why I posted a reply but I can see how a bunch of politicians on a day like yesterday drifting into the weekend to not think to make the decision to close the schools. If there was another shooting next week, that could prove to be a very big mistake.

<< 2  3  4   >>

join