It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curiosity and Fossils of Mars

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   
This third image from Sol64-66 shows couple of blocks with a peculiar object inside the front block.

Link to larger image

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by 0pass
Instead of judging what they are, I am going to ask... Are these footprints?

Once more, with such a small image without context it's difficult to have a good idea of what we are looking at, but it doesn't look like footprints.

Looking at it in context I can see that those are probably the result of rocks pushed by Curiosity's wheels, so no, they are not footprints but they are prints made by rocks pushed into the ground by Curiosity's weight.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   

The one circled on the top right is the one I am referring to. Whatever that is, it has a cylindrical shape to it.

Yes, it's more or less a cylinder, but in itself it's not unusual.

I would not have included this if there was just one of it. Looks like a hand, one folded with a thumb.

I still think my "hand" looks better.

The following image is one that was very noticable from a distance and on closer look proved to be a good candidate for exposure.

Did you take that image from the panorama? I ask because it looks like we see a repeated pattern on that rock on the left but I couldn't find it on the panorama.

The seventh image on this thread is a set of three rectangular slabs. One is fully exposed and other two partly submerged.

Those are very common, on Mars and on Earth.

The following image is not very clear what this is but looking at the contrasting features from other rocks nearby and a more polished edge, it fits my criteria as an object of attention.

Some of the rocks (in this case the one on the left) in that panorama remind me of pillow lava, although a less consistent lava than what I am used to see on Earth. If that's the case, then it's only natural that we have different types of rocks in one place.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   

The first image clearly shows an object of a shape that can be called anything than natural. If people want to call this a rock....be my guest.

My guess is that it's as natural as this one.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   

The second and last image (though there are others) image from this series is a christmas present.

You can decide why would I say that.
Because you have an active imagination?

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   

This is a strange structure from Sol64-66 using MastCam where one of the structure shows a large fang like thing jutting out.

Those may be illusions created by the perspective, I have seen many cases like that. That would be solved if we had another photo taken from a different location.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
KNOCK IT OFF! Post Bans come next.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I have been sticking to the topic and am sorry if I posted something that was uncalled for but clearly instigated by personal comments.

I have no problem if people criticaly review my posts. That is what discussion forums are for.

But personal affronts are not required to prove a point.
edit on 16-12-2012 by 0pass because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Back on topic, any comments about my posts?

edit on 17/12/2012 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
Back on topic, any comments about my posts?

edit on 17/12/2012 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

I will comment later as currently I am doing some work. I am founder of a software venture so this is more like a hobby for me.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   

This is a strange structure from Sol64-66 using MastCam where one of the structure shows a large fang like thing jutting out.

Those may be illusions created by the perspective, I have seen many cases like that. That would be solved if we had another photo taken from a different location.

I Agree with you. Looks like a unicorn horn but upside down. Maybe martial rocks have horns.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   

The second and last image (though there are others) image from this series is a christmas present.

You can decide why would I say that.
Because you have an active imagination?

Also it is christmas time and want Jesus to save us from the 21st of December. So maybe this is a sign.

If you live beyond 2012, you might get to go to Mars.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   

The first image clearly shows an object of a shape that can be called anything than natural. If people want to call this a rock....be my guest.

My guess is that it's as natural as this one.

I disagree. The comparision is not accurate. When I asked my 11 year daughter what it look like, she said it looks like a train.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   

The one circled on the top right is the one I am referring to. Whatever that is, it has a cylindrical shape to it.

Yes, it's more or less a cylinder, but in itself it's not unusual.

I would not have included this if there was just one of it. Looks like a hand, one folded with a thumb.

I still think my "hand" looks better.

The following image is one that was very noticable from a distance and on closer look proved to be a good candidate for exposure.

Did you take that image from the panorama? I ask because it looks like we see a repeated pattern on that rock on the left but I couldn't find it on the panorama.

The seventh image on this thread is a set of three rectangular slabs. One is fully exposed and other two partly submerged.

Those are very common, on Mars and on Earth.

The following image is not very clear what this is but looking at the contrasting features from other rocks nearby and a more polished edge, it fits my criteria as an object of attention.

Some of the rocks (in this case the one on the left) in that panorama remind me of pillow lava, although a less consistent lava than what I am used to see on Earth. If that's the case, then it's only natural that we have different types of rocks in one place.

Yeah. Would be too much to assume martians would have hands like ours. Unless ofcourse the soviets landed on mars and died. And this is what remains of the cosmonauts.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Instead of judging what they are, I am going to ask... Are these footprints?

Once more, with such a small image without context it's difficult to have a good idea of what we are looking at, but it doesn't look like footprints.

Looking at it in context I can see that those are probably the result of rocks pushed by Curiosity's wheels, so no, they are not footprints but they are prints made by rocks pushed into the ground by Curiosity's weight.

I disagree with this as these footprint images are nothing in the way of the rover.

And there are more than one footprints. But again I would be less likely to believe that martians would make footprints like we do.

So my guess is though they look like footprints, they are just some wierd coincidence or russian cosmonauts who died here.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Curiosity has captured something sinister.Unfortunately, NASA has not released high resolution images and only posted thumbnails on their raw curiosity images site.

This is the image as I blew it up on my screen. Cannot make out anything but does not look like plain simple rocks.

Link to larger size picture

Here is another one from Sol127

with the

Link to larger size

edit on 17-12-2012 by 0pass because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   

If you live beyond 2012, you might get to go to Mars.

I would love to go to Mars (and back), but I doubt that will happen.

When I asked my 11 year daughter what it look like, she said it looks like a train.

It looks like many things, as it looks like a block next to another. It looks like an edge of larger rock that breaks along those lines, not much different from the ones in the photo I posted. But I agree that the comparison was not accurate, but it's not much different either.

Unless ofcourse the soviets landed on mars and died. And this is what remains of the cosmonauts.

I doubt it, I don't think they would do something like that without advertising it first. But if they did then they were not just cosmonauts, they were also astronauts, as they had landed on a different astral body instead of just navigating through the cosmos.

I disagree with this as these footprint images are nothing in the way of the rover.

They are very close to the marks done by the rover's wheels and near other rocks that were pressed into the ground by the rover's weight.

The image below shows why I think it's a rock that was pressed into the ground by the rover.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join