It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curiosity and Fossils of Mars

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I know there are so many other threads that deal with the topic of images captured by curiosity on mars.

But this one is going to be different as I am analyzing closely each and every raw image and post only the ones that merit closer attention.

To start with let me present the most amazing piece of evidence of fossil captured by curiosity. This is from the raw images of Sol90.

More will follow in the coming days and months as curiosity sends more images.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by 0pass

Well I suppose you could give us an analysis of why you think these are fossils?

I'm seeing a big ol' pile of rocks mself'! Maybe my vision isn't what it used to be but thems look like some nice planet cakes right there.

I'll S&F though because it's a sweet picture regardless.
edit on 11/10/2012 by Joneselius because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Where are we looking I just see rocks? (not bashing just need a little help seeing a fossil)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
The followng picture reminds me of the movie Tremors.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by 0pass

That reminds me of the movie ROCKY horror picture show..... Sorry -_- couldn't resist.

Come on dude, please give an analysis as to why you think these aren't rocks. Otherwise people'll only hate on this potentially awesome thread.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0pass
I know there are so many other threads that deal with the topic of images captured by curiosity on mars.

But this one is going to be different as I am analyzing closely each and every raw image and post only the ones that merit closer attention.

To start with let me present the most amazing piece of evidence of fossil captured by curiosity. This is from the raw images of Sol90.

The reason I call this as a fossil is the distinch rib like vertical structure jutting out of the base rock which itself may turn out to be part of the whole structure.

There are five of these and bear distinctly a different color.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by 0pass

All I see is rocks too. Please tell us what we are supposed to be looking at here.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   

This picture shows a structure that has a posture of a creature sitting with its mouth wide open. But I selected this as a possible fossil candidate based on the other fossil near to this structure and the color of the structure which is different from the rocks.

In this picture though the original color is covered by dust.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Well I'm only seeing rocks. Pretty rocks though, they almost look like Jade. In the first picture there's three holes in the "Object" which are probably from Curiosity's chem laser. It'd be nice if we could get all the data that goes along with the pictures, know what I mean? Like when the chemcam is used, we should be able to get our hands on the spectral analysis...

Rocks or fossils, Mars is just plain COOL!

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I really suspect those sumbitches have some kind of defocussing program they use like a screen to foil proper analysis of anything they show......
Like the space blurr the cameras show on the shuttle flights...its a false screen they use....
Theres no reason there has to be such crappy focusing on stuff all the time...
We see what we get shown.........................

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   

This seems to be a fragment of a rock that had voids in it, like the rock at the bottom of this image:
mars.jpl.nasa.gov...
Panorama with that rock: www.pictureshack.us...

I think those voids were caused by bubbles of gas when the rock was melted (from a volcano or an asteroid impact), and the voids got squeezed by the pressure of the rocks.

There are many rocks on Mars with holes in them.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
All I see is an eagerness to see fossils.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
I really suspect those sumbitches have some kind of defocussing program they use like a screen to foil proper analysis of anything they show......
Like the space blurr the cameras show on the shuttle flights...its a false screen they use....

What are you talking about? The Shuttles and the ISS are full of HDTV cameras, some of the nicest cameras and lenses that exist are used to shoot things from there.

I have no idea what you're tryng to claim but high quality Shuttle/ISS photography exists and is common.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   

You mean like this photo?

Yes, such a horrible blurry image with bad focus, I don't know how they can feed us such crap.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Well looking at the first image posted, if my imagination was to run wild I would say some of those rocks look remarkably similar to a fossil of a large bull-ant.

In this image i've composed a comparison to show you the similarities. You can even see the indents of the eyes.
edit on 14-12-2012 by Polonia because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildespace

You mean like this photo?

Yes, such a horrible blurry image with bad focus, I don't know how they can feed us such crap.

This thing I've circled sure looks blurry to me! What kind of cameras do NASA have that cant focus on the foreground whilst focused on the background!! PURE CRAP!!!

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by PollyPeptide
This thing I've circled sure looks blurry to me! What kind of cameras do NASA have that cant focus on the foreground whilst focused on the background!! PURE CRAP!!!

One of the other forums that discuss this (cluesforum) genuinely do not understand this. Sometimes NASA takes photos at beyond hyperfocal distances from their lenses, and they take photos everywhere from 8mm fisheyes to 600mm telephotos.

This really confuses the amateur hour photoanalysis club, who cannot understand how the background appears so close and so far, and how things are in focus from such a long range.

I think someone did link hyperfocal distance to them at some point but they are willfully ignorant, they'd rather believe NASA fakes all these images with a CGI program but that CGI program apparently doesn't contain camera parameters.

Who knows, it's basically born out of a lack of understanding, but I thought I'd comment on your funny sarcastic post

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Polonia
Well looking at the first image posted, if my imagination was to run wild I would say some of those rocks look remarkably similar to a fossil of a large bull-ant.

In this image i've composed a comparison to show you the similarities. You can even see the indents of the eyes.
edit on 14-12-2012 by Polonia because: (no reason given)

When I first looked at this picture, it sure looked like what you saw. A big ant. But after closer examination it seems to be a midrib of a creature.
edit on 15-12-2012 by 0pass because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Rock or Object that looks like a skull.

The reason for selecting this object is its contrast against the landscape.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   

This picture shows a structure that has a posture of a creature sitting with its mouth wide open. But I selected this as a possible fossil candidate based on the other fossil near to this structure and the color of the structure which is different from the rocks.

In this picture though the original color is covered by dust.

I adjusted the colors and light.. It's a ROCK!

There is nothing that resembles a creature or any posture of a creature. There is no color that is different than any other rock. The top is the same color as the rocks on the right. You do know dust is on Mars and rocks can be i different colors and with lighting can make you think you see fossils and creatures with their mouth open.

Sorry but these threads are getting ridiculous.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join