It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Second Amendment, Recent Killings... Your Rights

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
How many are open to this... Yea, could have been better detailed but I think it get the point across. I sure it would get refined anyway if it is taken seriously.

How many would agree with this? I attempted to look at both point of views... 150 votes and its searchable by the public.

We The People, Your Voice

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shdak
How many are open to this... Yea, could have been better detailed but I think it get the point across. I sure it would get refined anyway if it is taken seriously.

How many would agree with this? I attempted to look at both point of views... 150 votes and its searchable by the public.

We The People, Your Voice

You don't think Obama is working on it already and he needs a petition?

Wow.. some of you really ARE asleep.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
This petition is dumb....
People would just join militia's...
We all know the powers that be dont want people joining militia's.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by AwakeinNM

I'm sure he is, but I'm pro gun and I just proposed what I thought would be fair for all… from everything I heard about Obama we would be left with no gun rights…lol

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I guess we need to start a petition to enforce the original understanding of the Second Amendment. I would propose that all citizens carry at all times with no permit or registration. I would also propose the distribution of military grade weapons to all citizens desiring them. The purpose of the second amendment is to allow us to defend ourselves from the government.

RE The militia argument: When the Constitution was written the militia was all able bodied adult men.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Infi8nity

I had that same thought too, but you not know if you don't try... something

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I say create a petition to MAKE THE CONSTITUTION THE LAW AGAIN!

We have strayed too far...

If able-bodied were able to carry weapons we would have dead BAD GUYS instead of dead innocents...

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Time to get rid of the big mistake that was and is the 2nd amendment

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by rival
I say create a petition to MAKE THE CONSTITUTION THE LAW AGAIN!

We have strayed too far...

If able-bodied were able to carry weapons we would have dead BAD GUYS instead of dead innocents...

Aman, on that...I here you

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by muse7

Time to go back to school and study history

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
The gun doesnt shoot itself people. what happened is a horrific tragedy but the person to blame is the monster that pulled the trigger. Do you know that Conneticut has very strict gun laws and this still happened? The more you take guns away from honorable ablebodied right in the head humans you give the bad guys more leverage to do more harm because he knows he most likely wont be shot back. WTF is wrong with some of you?
In all honesty what we need is to stop the apathy that we all feel as we go through our daily lives. If you see someone who needs help freaking help them!!!!!!! stop passing them bye without a care in the world. This guy obviously was sick and it probably didn't start this morning, it's probably been coming on slowly for years. I'm tired of selfish humans taking the lives of others because they are misserable and angry but i'm just as tired of people watching in the sidelines as their friends and family members spiral out of control. Start caring about each other, teach your children proper gun safety, teach your children that life is precious and wonderful.
This is a sad day for all humankind, start making a difference by being a better human.
edit on 14-12-2012 by brandiwine14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I just watched the Prez speaking on NBC news. He says, "We are going to have to come together to take meaningfull action" (he referenced all the recent public shootings) "regardless of politics". He looked solemn and stern (like Bush after 9-11) and I am very much wondering what his "meaningfull action" will be!

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
As a Canadian, this issue really doesn't affect me, but I would like to share my thoughts.

The second amendment isn't the problem, at least that's how I see it. How many tens of millions of Americans have guns? Compare that to how many Americans go on shooting sprees... We're talking about a tiny fraction of a percent! Social change is what's needed. Better care and support for people with mental illness would be a good start. Caring for our neighbors and strangers alike, is another good place to start. Spending more quality time with our kids, another good place. The way I see it is that society doesn't allow for these things. The American dream for one, "Look out for #1..." is a problem. Too many people care WAY too much about themselves to ever give a stranger an smidgen of respect. Most people (Just my opinion here) would rather trample a stranger to get what's theirs as opposed to sharing what they have with said stranger.

But the moment you say "Share" people come back with, "Communist." So in all honesty, I don't think we can win. Not without drastic social reform...

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   

And just how exactly does one get rid of guns?

Use Government thugs using guns to take the guns away?

That is rich.

The big mistake is that far too many people have no clue what the second is and what it means if the second has no meaning the entire constitution has no meaning.
edit on 14-12-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by PollyPeptide

But the moment you say "Share" people come back with, "Communist." So in all honesty, I don't think we can win. Not without drastic social reform...

Nope. Nothing wrong with "sharing" at all. However, when we start talking about confiscation of wealth to be squandered and at best a tiny percentage of those confiscated funds actually making it to deserving people. That is a totally different topic. Most of what is not wasted by the bureaucracy goes to the undeserving imo.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

And just how exactly does one get rid of guns?

Use Government thugs using guns to take the guns away?

That is rich.

The big mistake is that far too many people have no clue what the second is and what it means if the second has no meaning the entire constitution has no meaning.
edit on 14-12-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

They took guns away after Hurricane Katrina, so it can happen...
Guns Returning after being confiscated

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Shdak

They had no right to take those away.

None whatsoever.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by Shdak

They had no right to take those away.

None whatsoever.

My point is... they did it and it showed them that they could do it! Like most people on this site, great at giving opinions and thought on a subject...not so great as coming up with a plan to put in motion.

All Talk No Action... or more said then done...
edit on 12/14/2012 by Shdak because: spelling

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shdak
reply to post by AwakeinNM

I'm sure he is, but I'm pro gun and I just proposed what I thought would be fair for all… from everything I heard about Obama we would be left with no gun rights…lol

The constitution is fair, that's why it was written. I think we should start abiding, dude.

Bonus points if you name the movie reference.

top topics

join