It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans, Isn't It Time You Relinquished Your Weapons.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

You don't have to be murdered to be killed by a gun.

ALS

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by oper8zhin

No what I meant was that their deaths were of their own doing, it was not forced on them.

ALS

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
We would be better off relinquishing industrialized society. It isnt sustainable. Its killing us and the planet. Its driving us all crazy. Gun violence is a symptom of this insanity. Dont treat the symptom, treat the cause.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaltireWarrior
Sorry just reading through this thread and some things are just incredible.

I just read a guy saying that this wouldn't have happened if the teachers had guns ... So wait you want the teachers of 6 YEAR OLD KIDS to have guns in the classroom?

then you all say the gun is merely a tool...

Yes a gun is a tool, a tool to do one job: kill.

Had there been strict gun control, it would have been significantly harder for this person to have obtained the "Tool" and perfrom it's singular purpose.

And I can assure you, we Brits are not jealous of your guns at all. In fact when we get the monthly reports of the murder of dozens of innocent people, we shake our heads and wonder when you guys are gonna grow the # up.

You live in Scotland, yea? SO that means you have NO CLUE HOW IT IS AMERICA, yea? Well let me give you some assistance here on the topic. There are NO SHOOTINGS IN AMERICA WHERE GUNS ARE ALLOWED. It ALWAYS happens in areas where guns are NOT ALLOWED. Now think, if you were a NUT and wanted to go shoot up a place, would you do it where you would be SHOT the first time you aimed your firearm or would you do it where YOU would have full power where nobody could defend against you?? And do you mean that a GUN is the ONLY THING a person can use to kill another person???
Are you 10 years old? Really, serious question.

You are clueless, please stay in Scotland.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueMule

This kind of thing didn't happen back in the days when the old man kicked his kid in the ass whenever he got out of line.

A little good old-fashioned discipline in the early years did wonders for the maturity of America's youth.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ALOSTSOUL

No what I meant was that their deaths were of their own doing, it was not forced on them.

ALS

You have shown that you are a HYPOCRITE. Mentioning that guns in America should be banned over deaths, yet you wont say the same over alcohol that causes MANY MANY deaths in your area. That makes you a HYPOCRITE, and your thread a FAIL.

Have a good day you. This is a WASTE of time.

edit on 14-12-2012 by oper8zhin because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Of course guns aren't the only way to kill people. Though I imagine it would be a lot harder to run into a school and stab 27 people to death...

And don't worry, I don't plan on visiting America.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by oper8zhin

If the said alcohol was being forced down the necks of the dead then I would say yes.

ALS

HUH??!!!!!!!!!

So are you saying that all of those British deaths resulted from alcohol being "poured down peoples throats" and therefore the reason why you would ban it ONLY for that reason??? All of them deaths occured in Britan from people having alcohol "forced down their throats"????

What about an intoxicated driver crashing into an innocent family on the roadways, and KILLING THEM ALL?? Or something such as an intoxicated madman going around with a KNIFE slaughtering dozens of people over there because of alcohol. Alcohol that these morons poured with his OWN HANDS down their OWN THROAT. It doesnt take someone else pouring it down a persons throat, these deaths result from them drinking it themselves. Do you see how silly your logic is?? You are clearly AVOIDING the question.

So since you will only ban alcohol in Britain if someone was "forcing it down their throats", well maybe you think we should BAN HANDS AND THROATS NEXT, eh?

There are million more ways alcohol can RUIN PEOPLES LIVES without it being "poured down their throats". You are being a HYPOCRITE. You wont agree to BAN ALCOHOL IN BRITAIN even in the face of SO MANY DEATHS, but yet at the same time suggest firearms be banned in America over rare shooting events. THAT MAKES YOU A HYPOCRITE.

Get lost.

In the context of someone drinking, driving and killing then alcohol is just as dangerous as a gun. But it is far rarer then someone being killed by a gun.

I feel I have come to an end in this thread, it is clear that the American people will never give up this obsession with tools of death. You know I had high hopes for the America People but it seems most of you are just as violent as your government.

Or perhaps your government is just as violent as you?

ALS
edit on 14-12-2012 by ALOSTSOUL because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   

You don't have to be murdered to be killed by a gun.

ALS

I didn't say you had to be murdered to be killed by a gun. What I did say is that the incident that occurred today was murder and the number you listed includes hunting accidents, suicides, accidental shootings as well as murder.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Of course guns aren't the only way to kill people. Though I imagine it would be a lot harder to run into a school and stab 27 people to death...

And don't worry, I don't plan on visiting America.

You left out the other tool that I mentioned in that reply that you refer to. I didnt just say knives. I also mentioned a tool being something that can "go BOOM". Something that can "go boom" is a something that a MADMAN can use as well. Things that "go boom" work even faster than a gun.

YOU LOSE. That was EASY. Please stay in Scotland.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   

In the context of someone drinking, driving and killing then alcohol is just as dangerous as a gun. But it is far rarer then someone being killed by a gun.

That is simply not true. It may be rarer in your country where guns are illegal, but not here in the US. There are more alcohol related deaths than there are gun related deaths.

Enjoy having your children dodging bullets while learning history.

ALS

That's a real classy statement to make in the wake of today's events.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   

If the said alcohol was being forced down the necks of the dead then I would say yes.

ALS

HUH??!!!!!!!!!

So are you saying that all of those British deaths resulted from alcohol being "poured down peoples throats" and therefore the reason why you would ban it ONLY for that reason??? All of them deaths occured in Britan from people having alcohol "forced down their throats"????

What about an intoxicated driver crashing into an innocent family on the roadways, and KILLING THEM ALL?? Or something such as an intoxicated madman going around with a KNIFE slaughtering dozens of people over there because of alcohol. Alcohol that these morons poured with his OWN HANDS down their OWN THROAT. It doesnt take someone else pouring it down a persons throat, these deaths result from them drinking it themselves. Do you see how silly your logic is?? You are clearly AVOIDING the question.

So since you will only ban alcohol in Britain if someone was "forcing it down their throats", well maybe you think we should BAN HANDS AND THROATS NEXT, eh?

There are million more ways alcohol can RUIN PEOPLES LIVES without it being "poured down their throats". You are being a HYPOCRITE. You wont agree to BAN ALCOHOL IN BRITAIN even in the face of SO MANY DEATHS, but yet at the same time suggest firearms be banned in America over rare shooting events. THAT MAKES YOU A HYPOCRITE.

Get lost.

I feel I have come to an end in this thread

Yep, thats ok, you couldnt defend your point and you are revealing yourself a HYPOCRITE.

I would abandon this thread too if I were you. Just take the loss and LEARN from it.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Yes because there is bombs exploding here all the time...

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Your right that comment is out of order, I will remove it. I said it in frustration.

ALS

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   

In the context of someone drinking, driving and killing then alcohol is just as dangerous as a gun. But it is far rarer then someone being killed by a gun. I feel I have come to an end in this thread, it is clear that the American people will never give up this obsession with tools of death. You know I had high hopes for the America People but it seems most of you are just as violent as your government. Or perhaps your government is just as violent as you? Enjoy having your children dodging bullets while learning history.

This whole thing seems to be missing the big point, this has nothing to do with guns and all to do with people. What snapped in this guy to make him to this? The gun was a tool to do a job and in this case the job was a massacre. All this whining about the tool is just is a attempt to negate the man who committed the crimes responsibility. If we banned people from breeding we would not have crimes like this in the future. With nary a bit of background on the why this happened all sorts of people will jump on the anti-gun bandwagon, maybe this will actually fall back on the guy being part of the broken mental health system. Wait till folks are thinking and not reacting from emotion before starting these discussions.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Here in the UK in 1996 we witnessed one of the most deplorable acts in our history.....in Dunblane an armed man entered a primary school and shot at an entire class of 5/6 year old's, killing or injuring an entire class except one and also killed their teacher. 16 children and one adult were shot dead....the rest were injured.
He then killed himself.
During the investigation it was discovered that all of his firearms had been legally held.

In the aftermath of this great tragedy there was an amendment made to the firearms act which made private handgun ownership in the UK illegal.

I don't know what the answer is for the US....gun ownership seems so steeped in association with history and personal freedom and rights. We've never had that association here in the UK so it's hard for us to understand....

What i do know is this.......

We have very tight gun laws.....
We have very few police that are armed with guns....
and we have one of the lowest firearm related death rates per 100 000 of the population in the world.And one of the lowest levels of any description of gun violence.

Yes we are not without our problems and our crime.....But I can't honestly perceive a world where I would feel safer if myself and everyone else were allowed to carry gun's legally....the opposite.. I would actually despair if that's what my society in my little part of the world resorted to.

America has the highest rate of gun related injuries ( not deaths) in the developed world.....I feel like I must be missing the point if people don't think that is something that at least needs to be looked at or addressed?

Please don't slate me like I am stupid or ignorant, in belief I should be pitied.....this is just the culture I come from and is no more ingrained in me than the culture that dictates that American's defend their right to bear arms.

Regardless what the arguments are for and against gun ownership and gun culture.....I can honestly say my heart breaks at this recent tragedy. I can't even begin to imagine the horror for all those involved and I know the after shocks will be felt throughout the country as they were back here in 96.

My thoughts are with the children, families, community and the country as a whole

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   

You take away guns and you dont think that MADMEN and CRIMINALS wont use another tools such as things that "go boom"? Let me give you a HINT, if someone wants to KILL, they are GONNA KILL whether they have a GUN or NO GUN

GET IT???!!

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   

You take away guns and you dont think that MADMEN and CRIMINALS wont use another tools such as things that "go boom"? Let me give you a HINT, if someone wants to KILL, they are GONNA KILL whether they have a GUN or NO GUN

GET IT???!!

Thats exactly what i'm saying. Why don't you get this through your thick head. SCOTLAND HAS STRICT GUN CONTROLS AND THERE ARE NO BOMBS.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logos23
Here in the UK in 1996 we witnessed one of the most deplorable acts in our history.....in Dunblane an armed man entered a primary school and shot at an entire class of 5/6 year old's, killing or injuring an entire class except one and also killed their teacher. 16 children and one adult were shot dead....the rest were injured.
He then killed himself.
During the investigation it was discovered that all of his firearms had been legally held.

In the aftermath of this great tragedy there was an amendment made to the firearms act which made private handgun ownership in the UK illegal.

Americans KNOW WHAT THE DEAL IS and WHAT is GOING ON behind these shootings!! Its the SAME SCRIPT that was played on YOU OVER THERE that is going on OVER HERE RIGHT NOW to take our guns away.

REPEAT: It is the exact same SCRIPT being played out OVER HERE RIGHT NOW as was played with YOU OVER THERE BACK THEN to disarm you all. But the things is, Americans are WISE TO THIS, and are NOT going to give them up so easily.

We ALREADY SEEN THE SCRIPT for which the gun-grabbers are playing. We are AWARE OF IT AND NOT GONNA LET THE GAME BE SUCCESSFUL IN DISARMING US.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logos23
He then killed himself.

And Americans KNOW WHAT THE DEAL IS!! The deal is that just as they took away YOUR FIREARMS over, is exactly what is being scripted over here. But Americans are NOT going to give them up so easily.

We ALREADY SEEN THE SCRIPT for which the gun-grabbers are playing. We are AWARE OF IT AND NOT GONNA LET THE GAME WIN.

THEY TOOK AWAY OUR GUNS AND GUESS WHAT? NO KIDS HAVE DIED IN A SCHOOL SINCE. THAT TO ME SOUNDS LIKE A GOOD THING.

You support guns? You support the death of these poor innocent children.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join