It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans, Isn't It Time You Relinquished Your Weapons.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ALOSTSOUL

How will we defend ourselves from cartel, gangs, terrorists?

As soon as we put our guns away that's a green light for them to make their move and cause terror and havoc everywhere.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

But speech is a basic human function, hence a basic human right. Does anyone need a tool that is mainly used to kill another human being?

ALS

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Along with blades, machetes, shovels, etc., etc. Other headlines for the day:

Villager slashes 22 kids with "KNIFE" at elementary school gates in China

Thread

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElOmen

As soon as we put our guns away that's a green light for them to make their move and cause terror and havoc everywhere.

That is what the police and army are for.

ALS

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

You call out laws out laws, because laws don't affect them until AFTER they get caught.. Meanwhile disarming the rest of us, so that gang members can rob us blind, kill us??

Ever heard of drugs? Yes many are illegal, that means no one can use them ever again.. right?

instead of drug cartels, you would start having Gun cartels. Ever heard of drugs smuggles across the border? How about when guns cost more, and have no regulation?

While we are at it lets go back to the mafia days.. Let's out law alcohol, that way it will be just as easy for a 12 year old to get it as an adult..

Now if teachers carried guns, and mail men, you think gangs would bother taking territory they can't defend?

You don't get to close pandora's box..
edit on 12/14/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Considering its only 200 people within TEN YEARS out of THREE HUNDRED MILLION people....

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
My heart goes out to those effected by today's tragedy. It's moments such as these that make us question the purpose of life, and the meaning of it all.

....with that being said...

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Americanist

If "knives" weren't such an intrinsic part of our culture I would have them banned to.

But remember it is far easier to disarm someone with a knife than a gun.

ALS

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Because some sicko shoots people I should hand over my guns?
Whatever.
Here read this: pjmedia.com...
"Crime in the UK is exploding at an alarming rate. According to recently released statistics, it’s the most violent place in the European Union. And those who parry that “it’s not as bad as the U.S.” — as so many do when talking crime statistics — are correct. The UK is worse."

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Still got a ways to go to get the record and the US record holder didn't even use a gun to kill everybody. Yws it's bad but not the guns fault.

Hint "Bath School"

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bodhi7
reply to post by wrksstudios

Yeah, yeah. A lot of people claim that, but if soldiers and police came knocking, 99% of people would quickly hand their weapons over.

I guess myself and everyone I know is the 1%. I don't care what uniform you're wearing when you come knocking you're not getting my gun. Maybe something out of the end of it.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Marid Audran

Dude, what happened in Russia was a direct result of a civil war involving military separatists, how can you compare that to some nutjob killing indiscriminately in a cinema or mall.
They planned that seeking their voice to be heard in a country thats not exactly renowned for listening to the peoples views.
That's almost like some of your Militia groups taking innocents hostage, I doubt that would happen. Chechnya was fighting for independance. Not a good comparison at all.

link   
reply to post by kudegras

Enjoy the day your government decides to take total control and all you have to fight back with is a knife.

link   

Originally posted by ALOSTSOUL

Originally posted by ElOmen

That is what the police and army are for.

ALS

What if the police and army ARE the cartels, gangs or terrorists?

link   

Originally posted by mikellmikell
Still got a ways to go to get the record and the US record holder didn't even use a gun to kill everybody. Yws it's bad but not the guns fault.

Hint "Bath School"

Why am I always curious.. I was already feeling sick.. It was good to note, but ugh...

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I don't understand why you think responsible citizens giving back their guns is going to solve anything. Do you really think that if America has a day where everyone gives up their guns that the dishonest criminals are going to march right up and relinquish their weapons too? Gun control is a great theory but I don't think many people really sit back and weigh in all the factors. If they did, I think they would quickly realize how far fetched it is to just "take away" guns from 300 million people.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Nah, what you need to do is arm the kids and give them gun training, RIGHT GUYS ?

god forbid anyone take away your right to kill the hell out of each other with guns...

link   

reply to post by beezzer

But speech is a basic human function, hence a basic human right. Does anyone need a tool that is mainly used to kill another human being?

ALS

Speech is a basic human right. And look how that right is abused and denied around the globe. In America, the right to bear arms is also sacrosanct. Unfortunately, the selfsame people who would abuse the 2nd Amendment right are the ones that would ignore any law that would be put in place to deny it.

A hammer also is a tool that used improperly could kill a human being.

Freedom comes at a price.

Today we're paying that price.

But to deny future freedoms because of the acts of a few idiots devalues the intrinsic worth of that freedom.

link   

What is it with people who want to blame the gun?

Let me enlighten you with some facts

Fact #1.There are more deaths per year due to cigarettes. Why is no one calling for a ban on those?

Fact #2. There are more deaths each year due to car accidents. Why is no one calling for a ban on cars?

Fact #3. There are more alcohol related deaths each year compared to guns. Why is no one calling for a ban on alcohol?

When someone drinks and drives, do we blame the car or the alcohol or do we blame the individual for his own actions? Why would guns be any different?

What is about firearms that people want to blame the gun instead of the individual like we do for almost all other issues that result in deaths?

When kids fall into a pool and drowns, who do we blame? The pool or the parents for not having appropriate measures in place to make sure their child does not fall into the pool?

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   

reply to post by knowledgedesired

I guess everyone should just resort to stabbing each other like they do where your from.

Knife crime is a massive issue here in England but it is mainly localised to young gang culture. Can you imagine how much worse it would be if we didn't have gun control?

And I agree more work needs to go into finding the social issues of why this terrible crimes are committed.

ALS

The deference is that in England, you don't need a gun as a criminal. All you have to do is walk up to someone on a street, pull out a knife and demand that they give you their money. Do you honestly believe there aren't alot of illegal firearms in England? Criminals just don't need to use them. Do bans work? It didn't stop the IRA from getting Military grade explosives into the country.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join