It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How will gun control prevent murder? -honest question

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ffman

If the teacher had been armed, yes there could still be injury or death, but instead of 20 children it might just be one.

That being said, placing further restrictions on guns will not stop gun violence. We can look to Chicago and New York as an example. It is very difficult to obtain a firearm in these States, yet that has not stopped gun violence. Instead it has created more victims because the only people that have the guns are the criminals.

Norway has strict firearm regulations, but those regulations did nothing to prevent that massacre.

The UK has outlawed guns. Instead the people there are stabbed.

Fact is, if a person wants to harm another person, there is very little you can do to prevent it.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by theconspirator

It won't.

If I wanted to kill a bunch of people, I could do more damage with common household items than a gun.

A gun might help though?

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Gun control only prevents you from being able to use a gun to defend youself.

In a gun deal between two citizens, it is up to the buyer to register thieir new gun as the new owner. Most people around here never take this step. Every second-hand gun I have bought has been unregistered for at least a couple of owners before I get it. I have never bought a gun from a drug dealer or down any dark alley or anything like that. One even came from a county police officer. If target shooting or hunting is your hobby I am willing to bet that you could easily find any type of unregistered gun your heart desires. There are untold millions of unregistered guns in the Untied States.

How many laws do you think the shooter at the theater in Colorado broke before he stormed the theatre? Considering the gun was stolen first he probably broke every single gun law there is.

Stricter laws only make lawful people more vulnerable. There is no way to confiscate all of the guns in the Untied States. Most good machinists can build a decent home-made gun anyway.

Reality is that sometimes people lose their sanity and go to the mall or where they work and just start shooting. I would rather die returning fire rather than trying to hide in the corner.

<< 1  2   >>

join