It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How will gun control prevent murder? -honest question

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
After doing some research about the number of unregistered or illegal guns in the US, I have come to the conclusion that there is no way to know just how many are out there, but the number is in the millions.
So, very real question to the people who want to ban guns, or promote gun control. (And lets keep this civil and educated)

How will having much tighter gun control laws, prevent a person with the intent to do harm, from doing so? Keeping in mind it is very easy to get your hands on an unregistered gun in the US.

Control control fans, lets hear some "cause and effect". Enlighten me.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by theconspirator

I think its only a temporary thing... while the level of technology is still low.

When you got people printing out phaser pistols gun controll is pointless and impossilbe.

With the advancements of metamaterials and nano-tech its gonna get alot harder to kill people to.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
As shown today in China where 22 children as well were slashed by a person with a knife, its not guns its crazy people. One article I read from the china incident points to mental illness and socioeconmics as a leading cause the depression, and stress of ever increasing poverty they believe is behind the uptick. And I'm sorry I just don't see taking away all the guns putting a dent in poverty or the rate at which Pharma induced mental illness is increasing my 2 cents

SaneThinking

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Because the average person finding a black market gun is nowhere near as easy as people want to believe it is. In cases like today, he probably just wouldn't have had a gun. Not to mention the typical argument of people having guns to defend themselves doesn't really work. What are we going to do, start arming children and teachers?

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

it won't...

the fact is, criminals, by definition, do not care about laws. any ban on guns would simply mean that the only people that would have possession of them would be criminals.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

It will prevent nothing period. You can't get the upper hand on the drug flow, so tell me how more gun control laws will prevent anymore incendents like this? Seems like something is going to be done about owners who own guns. The goverment is jumping in on this and something big may be going on elsewhere. I feel sory for all the children etc., but I,m looking for whats going on elsewere in the world to.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Well, if we could keep the guns out of the paws of criminals and deranged people it could prevent murders. I guess I'll settle for keeping them out of the hands of crazy people. People on antidepressants aren't crazy, they just take pills instead of eating aged food and drinking coffee.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Bodhi7

Go to almost any construction job and you will find a gun for sale. Go hang out with your local rednecks and you will find a pool of guns that are constantly changing hands. Go to any large city and ask around, likely you will be brought to a crack house with guns lining the walls, pick up an ak give the man 200 dollars and he gives you the clip. It's easier than you could imagine. You just need to ask.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Here comes guncontrol:

Transcript of POTUS remarks

"And we’re going to have to come together and take meaningful action to prevent more tragedies like this, regardless of the politics."

The stage has been set.

My prayers go out to all that have been impacted by this current tragedy, however we should not overreact and give up out arms.

Experts agree gun control works... Just ask Mao, Hitler, Stalin.....

Governments world wide and the Catholic church. have killed many millions with out any recourse. Should we allow this tragedy to take away one's right to defend ones self or others many more incidents like this will happen.

An armed populous is a safer one.

People are capable of doing stupid things but there is nothing that can be done to prevent it, you can only respond to it.
edit on 14-12-2012 by SWCCFAN because: fix link

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaneThinking
As shown today in China where 22 children as well were slashed by a person with a knife, its not guns its crazy people. One article I read from the china incident points to mental illness and socioeconmics as a leading cause the depression, and stress of ever increasing poverty they believe is behind the uptick. And I'm sorry I just don't see taking away all the guns putting a dent in poverty or the rate at which Pharma induced mental illness is increasing my 2 cents

SaneThinking

Did you notice that none of those 22 people died? I think that's the major point, I'd rather have the crazy people come at us with knives than guns.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Gun control will not have any real effect on those who truely have a murderous intent in their heart.
There is an endless number of ways to stop a person's heart beating and that's all that's necessary to commet a murder.
I would be surprised if anyone reading this can't think of at least twenty ways to stop another person's heart.
Just how gun control can effect all of them is far beyond me.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bodhi7
Because the average person finding a black market gun is nowhere near as easy as people want to believe it is. In cases like today, he probably just wouldn't have had a gun. Not to mention the typical argument of people having guns to defend themselves doesn't really work. What are we going to do, start arming children and teachers?
What tripe! Drugs are readily available to anybody who wants them at anytime. The same people selling those drugs can get you a gun. Only an idiot would believe otherwise.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

Not true at all. I've dealt with plenty of people that sold drugs, including people i know now. None of them have ever sold guns or had any idea how to get them.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bodhi7

Not true at all. I've dealt with plenty of people that sold drugs, including people i know now. None of them have ever sold guns or had any idea how to get them.
Either they are lying to you, you are lying to me, or you are lying to yourself.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Nope. You've watched too much tv. You have no idea how ridiculous you sound by claiming someone selling drugs automatically knows how to get illegal weapons. That is a completely different, and much more dangerous trade. I've never met a drug dealer in my life that had ANYTHING to do with selling guns. You might want to get out more.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Bodhi7

Then they simply don't trust you.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by zonetripper2065

Again, i find it absolutely hilarious that people can't grasp that not all drug dealers sell guns. I'm talking about some of my close friends. Clearly neither of you have EVER been around these types of people. Get off the computer once in a while.
edit on 14-12-2012 by Bodhi7 because: (no reason given)

link   

Laws are the same thing as a lock......Only around to keep honest people out!

A criminal will get a gun, or break into anything if they want.....

Banning guns will accomplish absolutely nothing.......Only more crime!

People who are responsible can defend against wacko's and criminals with their GUN......If they ban guns, that will be a bg mistake in my opinion!

link   
reply to post by Bodhi7

I get out plenty and have met many a drug dealer and with the gang issue we have here in British Columbia I can tell you for certain with the time and the available money I could get a black market gun fairly easy around here and were talking about a place where we have stringent regualtions on guns. I can't speak for your neck of the woods but here in Canada where you think it would be hard you would also be very surpirsed.

SaneThinking

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Gun control laws do nothing but limit the responsible and law abiding citizens of this country! For those that think its hard to buy a black market gun... its relatively easy... you just need the right connections or make them. any drug dealer in the bad part of town can point you in the right direction...

Gun laws that are restrictive are in fact unconstitutional!!! They contradict the purpose of the 2nd amendment. The second amendment was put in place to keep a level playing field between the government and its citizens. A government that does not fear its citizens can do as it pleases even to the point of hurting the masses. Look at china or north korea. both are very oppressive governments and the people cannot revolt with out being totally destroyed. Our founding fathers came from an oppressive government and it was their vision that the USA would never be such a nation! but with the Assualt rifle ban and the class 3 NFA rules our country has begun to turn toward an oppressive government... look at the peaceful protests where lethal force has been used in the past few years... If the police knew that they were not the only ones with lethal means they wouldnt stroll in and roll over the protesters. the voice of the american people would be heard and the government would be forced to listen to its citizens... that is not the case today! Police are sent in with more firepower and the politicians listen to their money backers while their constituents are being tear gassed, tazed and shot!!!

Its not about guns being bad tools but rather the people who are mentally unstable who get those guns. I respect the gun free zones such as schools, government facilities and public transportation. That is not restrictive toward your rights but rather protects the individuals and masses. Today was a sad day no doubt about it. but watch and see where the politicians and media take it and then see what happens to the rest of your individual freedoms once our right to own weapons is gone!!!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join