It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Promote the Gun, Uplift the Second Amendment

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Yosemite Sam

I have actually heard both reported so...

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenAngelWings33
Wow. You people missed the point by a mile. Killing of any kind is offensive, whether by a gun or hand, if it is not in self defense or to protect the lives of innocent people then it is not moral period.

But you say outlaw bullets?
So how did I miss the point when you seem to be unable to put together a coherant thought. We want the ability to protect ourselves and taking away firearms or BULLETS would deminish that ability.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thunda
Oh my god- what a horrible thread- this debate brings out the absolute worst in people.

Personal attacks, insults, racism, rage and anger- and all the time ignoring the grief of the victims in this tragedy.

The OP talks about 'giving people time to mourn' and yet brings this up less than 24 hours after 26 lives are pointlessly snuffed out.

Have a bit of respect for the dead and take your gun debate elswhere.

edit on 15-12-2012 by Thunda because: (no reason given)

Show me racism???

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhamBamTYM

Originally posted by olaru12
I'm all for the 2nd amendment and I have a very nice collection of pistols and long guns...

However people purchasing a fire arm need to be psychologically investigated as well as criminal and medical records looked at and if you have ever been charged with a violent crime or DWI............NO GUN, no exceptions.
edit on 14-12-2012 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

If the factors used to determine person's fitness to own a gun are variable or subject to the whims of officials or a legislature, eventually they can be modified to exclude not just those with criminal histories and mental illness but anyone who displeases those in power.

And at what time does our RIGHT to Bear arms come into play. The answer is not in screening but in the arming of more Americans and allowing usw to be able to carry anywhere we deem necessary.
If one person was conceal carrying at that school there would have been the ability to defend some of the victims.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxatoria
Its not gun free zones its gun free people that are the problem, anyone not carrying while in any public area (basically outside of their house) should be arrested, when 99.999% of the adult population are packing and nervously looking at each other just in case then you'll have a safe if a bit jumpy society

but personally i believe that the founders words should be upheld canon so nothings banned chemical/nuclear/biological etc and the only problem getting hold of it is you can prove you're a citizen and you have the money as the second was designed to scare the government by them being able to be met by equal force.

I KNEW there was a reason I loved you, Max.. Platonically of course. But on
the other hand, dragging around a wagon with a multiple warhead tac like
Kurt Russell, "Anybody touches me, we all go." "The Thing" redux LMAO.
Even a guy with my ringin' ears would be a little jumpy from Pre-Snake... but
nobody would be cheatin' at PC Chess on his watch either.
I thought all that was pretty much on-topic, but here's my thing.. I'm old enough to
remember when we Scouts were offered work on a Marksmanship merit badge with
more bore than just BB guns. And these guys all went from high scores as kids to a
lot of us distinguished riflemen. Training in and respect FOR firearms of all sizes and
shapes are conditions that Americans have been weaned away from by design for
decades. We're seeing the results recently-- and it hurts to read and see it every time.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by GmoS719
reply to post by MentorsRiddle

I don't get the whole ban on guns movement.
Criminals will still gain access to them leaving innocent citizens defenseless.
War on drugs doesn't work neither would a war on guns.

Allow the use of marijuana and you will see how many drug dealers go under. Its funny that Alcohol and Cigarates makes more damage than marijuana. lol

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by MentorsRiddle
When ignorant minds prevail, and alow our defences to be stripped then you will see a dark day.

My argument: how many shots would that killer have had if every teacher had been carying a gun, and every administrative official?

That guy might have killed 3-5 people before he was put down.

And suprise, suprise: this happened, and usually happens in gun free zones.... The ignorance of people amaze.

Oh brother. The logic in this statement amazes me to no end. The answer to gun violence is more guns huh? You've already got 300, 000, 000 guns and to think you want to arm teachers as well so you can have a shoot out in a school. Get a grip.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Yes, well Op, unfortunatly your guns have not protected you from the tyranny of money, and your country is now owned by China. The two really cool things about this particular dictatorship are that :

a) most people don't see it and have come to view it as "normal"

b) it is enforced by the very freemarket system that your guns so fervently protect.

Oh say can you see.... Yadda yadda yadda.
edit on 15-12-2012 by Ismail because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlySolo

When ignorant minds prevail, and alow our defences to be stripped then you will see a dark day.

My argument: how many shots would that killer have had if every teacher had been carying a gun, and every administrative official?

That guy might have killed 3-5 people before he was put down.

And suprise, suprise: this happened, and usually happens in gun free zones.... The ignorance of people amaze.

Oh brother. The logic in this statement amazes me to no end. The answer to gun violence is more guns huh? You've already got 300, 000, 000 guns and to think you want to arm teachers as well so you can have a shoot out in a school. Get a grip.
WE have to take this fight to the ones who program these nuts with mind control. When one of their programmed robots do an heinous act against innocent people then we have to make sure they pay the price. A bully will always back down when confronted with a response that makes him know it isn't worth the fight.
All these killings in our schools are acts by programmed nuts; all for the sake of gutting the second ammendment. So then they can come in and round us up and kill us at their leisure. Where are our patriots? Where are the ones trained and capable of making these NWO bullies afraid?
edit on 15-12-2012 by cantyousee because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by cantyousee

All these killings in our schools are acts by programmed nuts

The programming starts with this 200 year old idea that you still need guns to protect yourself from government during the height of civil war that happened a long long time ago

The programming starts when every child grows up with gun advocating parents believing it is their right to shoot someone standing on their property no questions asked

The programming starts when paranoia sets in because you know everyone is packing under their jacket

The programming starts when you fire your first shot at the gun range

The programming starts when the NRA says "From my cold dead hands"

The programming starts when every gun advocate thinks owning a gun is synonymous to breathing

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by cdesigns

Originally posted by GmoS719
reply to post by MentorsRiddle

I don't get the whole ban on guns movement.
Criminals will still gain access to them leaving innocent citizens defenseless.
War on drugs doesn't work neither would a war on guns.

Allow the use of marijuana and you will see how many drug dealers go under. Its funny that Alcohol and Cigarates makes more damage than marijuana. lol

First, drugs and alcohol do NOT work with fire arms.

However, living in Colorado, I'll report back at some point.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   

The programming starts with this 200 year old idea that you still need guns to protect yourself from government during the height of civil war that happened a long long time ago

The programming starts when every child grows up with gun advocating parents believing it is their right to shoot someone standing on their property no questions asked

The programming starts when paranoia sets in because you know everyone is packing under their jacket

The programming starts when every gun advocate thinks owning a gun is synonymous to breathing

Dude,

Take break and a breath, and when you come down, post something cogent that we can respond to.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Ok, let me ask you straight out. When the Barak Obamas of this nation come into our neighborhoods and create chaos, who is gonna be able to defend themselves without Guns? When the enemies of Jacob come to put us into re-education camps and take our land how will we defend ourselves without guns? When they come to kill your family and rape your women right here in Amerika how will you defend them without guns.
You are either a NWO troll or you are one of the minions that believe the crap that Obama speaks. YOu are on the wrong side of history. I invite you come over to my side of the table. It is the side that wins in the end and has salvation.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by cantyousee

Ok, let me ask you straight out. When the Barak Obamas of this nation come into our neighborhoods and create chaos, who is gonna be able to defend themselves without Guns? When the enemies of Jacob come to put us into re-education camps and take our land how will we defend ourselves without guns? When they come to kill your family and rape your women right here in Amerika how will you defend them without guns.
You are either a NWO troll or you are one of the minions that believe the crap that Obama speaks. YOu are on the wrong side of history. I invite you come over to my side of the table. It is the side that wins in the end and has salvation.

With all due respect mate, you sound like a NWO troll who's plain scared

And second, you mention history, that's quite correct, this isn't Obamas fault, what about the long line of Presidents before him? Guns are huge business, the people selling know this and have been reaping the profits for years. Lastly, sorry to say mate, but the game is rigged so that you will never win, and that's regardless of being armed or not.
edit on 15-12-2012 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   

When the Barak Obamas of this nation come into our neighborhoods and create chaos, who is gonna be able to defend themselves without Guns? When the enemies of Jacob come to put us into re-education camps and take our land how will we defend ourselves without guns? When they come to kill your family and rape your women

And you call me a NWO troll. That's funny. I'm actually nothing of the sort and I think you're over complicating it. You're probably right though, guns aren't the problem in society. It's society itself. It's the mentality behind the white knuckled clinched fist around your gun. If you can't see past this then it's futile. It's like Golem and his "precious".

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Now a personal note to those of you who don’t live in America

You do not live here. You do not understand our ways. Please have enough decency and tact to not use a horrible killing to push your agendas and your own countrie's political ideals.
Please allow us to morn, and have enough respect than to immediately start running your mouth about things you don’t understand…

Wow OP, I'm speechless. assuming non American's don't understand American "ways". Get over yourself. No really - Get over yourself.

Out of respect for what has just occurred in your country - I will let this blind patriot comment slip through to the keeper.

By the way as a member of the human race (not the American race) I am & many others (non Americans are) mourning too for the great loss of life.

OSS

edit on 15-12-2012 by one_small_step because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Yosemite Sam

To be succinct, it's a philosophy woven into a culture which has out lived it's purpose but only kept alive to serve other interests/corporations.

make more sense?

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

kind of is. sparta defended itself against persia. they were armed. it also has to do with strategy unless you favor attrition

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

Now a personal note to those of you who don’t live in America

You do not live here. You do not understand our ways. Please have enough decency and tact to not use a horrible killing to push your agendas and your own countrie's political ideals.
Please allow us to morn, and have enough respect than to immediately start running your mouth about things you don’t understand…

Just for starters.....

America's Founding Fathers drafted the world's first written constitution more than 200 years ago. The legacy of that historical document is evident today in the constitutions of most of the world's democracies, and it continues to influence drafters of the very newest constitutions. Celebrating this important document, a distinguished constitutional scholar discusses how the Philadelphia model helped to change the world and how it continues to be a model for democratic governance.

THE U.S. CONSTITUTION: AMERICAS MOST IMPORTANT EXPORT

And as the UN and Countries who wish to impose their "brand' of laws and Government on us, this is what the Second Amendment is all about to MANY in America. I might not like this man, but his words are spot on.

As the Second Amendment implies, the right to bear arms isn’t given to us by the government, and it isn’t just an American right. It is a human right. As a fundamental component of self-defense, the right to bear arms is intimately tied to those universal truths expressed in our Declaration of Independence—that all men have rights to life and liberty, with which they are endowed by their Creator. And they have not just a right but a duty to throw off despotic government. These truths are universal. The Second Amendment is an amendment for all mankind.

The Right to Bear Arms is a Human Right

Guns don't kill people. People kill People.

Prayers to the victims, and their family's, and all affected..

Second your last line but in response to your posting, I bet the gun companies were rubbing their hands with glee at this law. Human right? I'm glad I haven't taken it up and I wouldn't want to, guns are dangerous period and it's probably safe to assume, that too many people in the U.S. have completely taken the piss out of this Amendment with brutal consequences.

I don't see anything changing, money talks the loudest after all, but yes, large parts of the constitution are very outdated. Your country isn't just fighting wars on foreign shores, the gun pushers have brought the war to your doorstep, the only freedom here, is the freedom to maim or kill freely.
edit on 15-12-2012 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

...and the a sociopath with a lunatic mother gun collector can grab a 15 round magazine glock and 30 round magazine bushmaster and walk around blazing away as fast as he can pull the trigger,of course more cops at schools,arm teachers more guns will fix it yes Officer Barbareddy with his service revolver or Miss Marple the Elementary teacher with her 38 special will save the day,maybe we lock all the mentally ill up etc etc.

Of course getting rid of military grade weapons out of civilian hands never comes into consideration,your founding fathers gave you a divine right to blast the living hell out of small furry animals or beer bottles with 60 round magazine 600 round per minute rate of fire weapons God forbid being stuck with only bolt,lever or pump action weapons that would be un-American.

I mean there's only been 62 of these incidents since 1984 and guns don't kill people,people kill people...and until you get semi-autos and autos under control will AGAIN AGAIN and AGAIN in the future.

The NRA allready hates Obama-I truly hope he gives them real heartburn after this one.

edit on 15-12-2012 by anglodemonicmatrix because: spelling

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join