It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Promote the Gun, Uplift the Second Amendment

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by olaru12
I'm all for the 2nd amendment and I have a very nice collection of pistols and long guns...

However people purchasing a fire arm need to be psychologically investigated as well as criminal and medical records looked at and if you have ever been charged with a violent crime or DWI............NO GUN, no exceptions.
edit on 14-12-2012 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

do you drink, if so do you think that you may have never had more than enough in your system to be over the limit and not realize it. i tell you many people do everyday and don't get caught. and if one day you do, going by what you said you would lose your nice collection.

what the hell does a DUI have to do with owning a gun, are saying gun owners don't drink, there have been plenty of upstanding people who have been found guilty of DUI. now if you would have said those who have been found guilty of multiple DUI. i might of understood that. but one DUI does not make a person unstable or a career criminal.
edit on 15-12-2012 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by MentorsRiddle

A wise man once said:

Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither…

-Benjamin Franklin

yes - guns equal liberty - automatically

just look how free we are

guns are amazing

I feel so free...

Please explain what you think this wise man meant - in your own words (if you can)

how is gun ownership not sacrificing liberty - for security?

You do not live here. You do not understand our ways. Please have enough decency and tact to not use a horrible killing to push your agendas and your own countrie's political ideals.

Seriously - did you just say this - out loud?

Please allow us to morn, and have enough respect than to immediately start running your mouth about things you don’t understand…

Mourn? You're talking about allowing people to mourn? You couldn't wait one single day before starting a low blow - filthy - propaganda thread

keep your freaking guns

put em where the sun don't shine

and don't use the word mourn bundled up in this pile of crap
edit on 12/15/2012 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dondylion
It's called martial arts. Look into it, it's pretty useful.

martial arts don't work from 15 yards away. pretty useless at that distance.
your kung fu is weak

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Oh my god- what a horrible thread- this debate brings out the absolute worst in people.

Personal attacks, insults, racism, rage and anger- and all the time ignoring the grief of the victims in this tragedy.

The OP talks about 'giving people time to mourn' and yet brings this up less than 24 hours after 26 lives are pointlessly snuffed out.

Have a bit of respect for the dead and take your gun debate elswhere.

edit on 15-12-2012 by Thunda because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Reference is made to the esteemed Rahm Emmanuel, and his most famous quote:

"You never want a serious crisis to go to waste."
Rahm Emmanuel

hussein soetoro's* Plan for Us, following the seizure/confiscation of all privately owned firearms, and the closure of all firearms dealerships, is described here:

>>> Link

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by SweetChild

Originally posted by Shark_Feeder

This story sounds incredibly made up because the poster has no clue how arthritis impacts gross motor skills.

So now we resort to blind accusations towards my honesty do we?

Arthritis isn't too much of a problem, the trigger on her pistol is very easy to pull...Frankly too easy for my personal taste, I like something with more resistance.

And if this is remotely true, then take the gun away from her as she is more likely to hurt herself than to defend herself.

Wrong again....as I have already pointed out. Her gun has already saved her life on one occasion. Funny though, she has never hurt herself or anyone else with it.

Who the hell are we to tell her she must be at the mercy of monsters?

No blind assertions. Arthritis impacts your hand strength and gross motor skills, It would be very difficult for her pick up, wrap her hand around it and aim the weapon, regardless of how easy the trigger would be to pull. Further, if she really had arthritis, it would be most difficult if not impossible for her to load and clean / maintain. And again I call BS.

my mother has osteo arthritis, and picks up and grips many things that are heavier than a gun every day. there are treatments that relive some of the pain people suffer from it, that leads to them having a better from of life.
also how do you know that she loads and cleans the gun herself, her husband might do it for her, hell for that matter her grandson might. so all she got to do is is practice, sight picture and sight alinement and there you go, one less thug to worry about.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum
reply to post by Yosemite Sam

I would have more chance of winning millions on the lottery than that happening here and it also sounds like you buy that fear crap your government feed you everyday.

regarding odds see below,
odds of winning the lottery

source, Mega Millions

odds of being murdered.

source, Book Of Odds

and you were saying?

edit on 15-12-2012 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thunda
Oh my god- what a horrible thread- this debate brings out the absolute worst in people.

Personal attacks, insults, racism, rage and anger- and all the time ignoring the grief of the victims in this tragedy.

The OP talks about 'giving people time to mourn' and yet brings this up less than 24 hours after 26 lives are pointlessly snuffed out.

As I have said apparently elsewhere, people grieve in different ways and at different rates, in our own way. If this thread upsets you that much, it seems to me you should leave and let the rest of us alone.

Sorry if that's to harsh, but you are the bull in a china shop.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
America the land of fear.... Why else would you think it a right to have a weapon that is designed to kill in your home. Seems if this wasn't the case Masacres like in Newtown and others tragic incidents may have been fewer and far between. It's your Gun Law and so called Right To Bear Arms that arms the mad man in the first place. Logical....Plain and Simple. Time you brought in the UK's style of Gun Law..... Although Gun Crime does happen here we don't live in day to day fear of it.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yosemite Sam

Originally posted by Thunda

As I have said apparently elsewhere, people grieve in different ways and at different rates, in our own way. If this thread upsets you that much, it seems to me you should leave and let the rest of us alone.

Sorry if that's to harsh, but you are the bull in a china shop.

After all, the title of the thread IS:

Promote the Gun, Uplift the Second Amendment

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
In History the churches of the state have sometimes stated otherwise but MAKE NO MISTAKE ABOUT IT, our Savior upheld your YAH given right to bear arms and perhaps the reason why most of the people who are against the right to bear arms are also against your right to free assembly of religion, free rights to speak your mind and the freedom of religious beliefs and abilities to share your beliefs. Those Yehudi at the time of Christ did not want Him speaking His mind either. They wanted Him dead and yet they new it needed to be done very carefully and deceitfully too. They do not want you to have a sword to stop those who would come and force you to speak and think in the very same way as they do. Make no mistake about it, these ones speak out of one side of their mouth and claim that you do have the right to freedom but then want to slowly take all of your freedoms away, very carefully and very deceitfully also:

Luk 22:38 They said, "Master, See these, here are two swords." He said to them, "That is enough for now but the long eras are coming soon when each will need his own sword to defend his own family."

If folks cannot understand that this is a government grab for your last defense against tyranny than we all deserve to slide right down the bowl....

There is much more to these disturbing incidents than meets the eye. These play right into this regimes designs for the removal of the power of the people. This Country has power for the people only as long as we stand for the right of the person to defend themselves to the same extent an officer or a soldier has the right and ability to do so. How ignorant and pompass those who sit on the freedoms & benefits of what has protected their rights to the very freedom they have to condemn freedom lovers, to yes even their own ignorance and visions of grandeur and yet they cannot even see how fortunate they are... much like children really. They have not grown beyond milk in their thought processes and yet because of their own pride they feel that they are so learned and so much more advanced because of a paper on a wall or because of how they were raised and spoiled or....

Just as a side note, I question why these psychos that have done these wrongs would wear bullet proof vests if they intended to kill themselves from the start? Is there a battle within themselves to survive their own programming going on in their own minds?

edit on 12/15/2012 by YAHUWAH SAVES because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by DreamerOracle
America the land of fear.... Why else would you think it a right to have a weapon that is designed to kill in your home. Seems if this wasn't the case Masacres like in Newtown and others tragic incidents may have been fewer and far between. It's your Gun Law and so called Right To Bear Arms that arms the mad man in the first place. Logical....Plain and Simple. Time you brought in the UK's style of Gun Law..... Although Gun Crime does happen here we don't live in day to day fear of it.

That state had some of the toughest gun laws in the country. The laws didn't work there any more than they work in cities like Baltimore and Chicago.

As for the UK's gun laws, I ask, do they work? I checked the UK's historic homicides last night, and the number of homicides before and after the 90s ban is almost identical. The fact is, you guys never really had a problem to begin with, and that's where the situations differ. A gun ban would not turn the US into the UK in terms of gun crime. We'd probably just get the same result: little or no real change in the statistics, but at the loss of freedoms for tens of millions of responsible law abiding people.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by vor78

...good point

I myself am not a big guy, just average, however if some depraved and disgraceful scumjob comes into my home in the middle of the night I have the ability to put one right between his eyes and that makes me sleep better at night, especially knowing that it takes the local cops about the same amount of time it to get here as it takes for me to order a thick crust extra cheese and pepperoni pizza...

EXCUSE ME if I sleep better knowing that I will have the safety of the business end of my Barretta... I also sleep better knowing that my neighbor also has the ability to do the same and we for each other...

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   

The ideals behind the second amendment were put into place to ensure this type of life would never happen to a citizen of America.

Yet it is already heading there. Their government is already in that mindset. They were put in place without foreseeing the exponential leaps in technology that would place the citizens at an overwhelming disadvantage.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Your logic is out of ignorance.

First, my right to be armed has nothing to do with fear. Most of my weapons are used to provide meat for my family.

Second, yes, if a prowler type individual decides to break into my house, he will have a rather rude awakining, assuming he gets past the alarms and both my 130lb labs. At that point if he refuses to comply with my orders and he is armed, he will most definately be shot and in all likelyhood killed. I will never point any of my weapons at another person that I do not intend to kill. At that point, I am aiming for center mass....period.

Now: "Masacres like in Newtown and others tragic incidents may have been fewer and far between". So, your logic is that if we remove all the arms from law abiding citizens, that all of the criminals will also willingly comply. Based on my passed experience, you are DEAD wrong. This absolutely would say to all of the gangs, it's open season. My conservative estimate would be a 600 to 700% increase in violent crime over night. You may be fine with this, sitting at home with a hammer and praying you don't have to prootect your wife and childern with that, but I AM NOT. If I have an option to have a loaded shotgun, I'll take that all day long. Maybe I just value my wife and children more than you do.

"It's your Gun Law and so called Right To Bear Arms that arms the mad man in the first place." Actually, all of the weapons used belonged to his mother. So, there would have been no way for them to detect his "instability". Was she wrong for not securing the weapons in the first place? Of course. But then she was was the first one shot in the face.

"Time you brought in the UK's style of Gun Law". The only way this might happen is if martial law is declared and some sort of totalitarian system is established. This is not logical as "we the people" (minus the military, cops etc) number over 250 million, and would simply over-run the weaker team. And beside that, you have to kill me and millions more before you get my gun. As you say, It's just that simple. Bring it on, I'm ready to go.

"Although Gun Crime does happen here we don't live in day to day fear of it." Yeah, I lived there for three years. I was more concerned about a pair of Dock Martins with switch blades in the toes and an empty pint in each hand. So, maybe you have me there.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenAngelWings33
reply to post by MentorsRiddle

Keep your guns, outlaw bullets.

You probably think that before there was guns there was no mass killings. It was called the dark ages for a reason! If evil people want to harm others they will find a way to do so. I believe the gun laws that are in place now are unConstitutional. We have the right to bear arms!!!! Not buy an arms and lock it into a safe unloaded.
The right shall not be infringed upon! To bear arms in anyway a person feels the need in order to keep his/her family and country safe. I would rather every American carry a firearm then atrocities like this horrific incident would have at least been minimalize to 1 or 2 instead of 20. If teachers and principle were allowed to conceal carry then they would have had a fighting chance instead we had a school full of victims. Guns are not the problem the inability for people to protect themselves is the problem. Answer me this, If gunlaws help then why are all of the recent shootings in areas were gun laws are the strictest? The evil is the problem, and the only answer is for everyone to have the ability to defend themselves and not be victims. I am appaulled at the ignorance ofr the talking heads saying we need to do mass Psychological screenings, take away all semi-auto rifles and handguns....etc... That is just stupid and unrealistic, because these will not happen.
The last thing is what is going to happen when they deem freedom of speech or your ability to travel a threat to society? Who will help you defend your freedoms? Help us defend ours and we will help you keep yours!
Defend all freedoms not just the ones you like but all of the freedoms guaranteed us!
Pray for the families involve in this trajedy.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by YAHUWAH SAVES

Just as a side note, I question why these psychos that have done these wrongs would wear bullet proof vests if they intended to kill themselves from the start? Is there a battle within themselves to survive their own programming going on in their own minds?

edit on 12/15/2012 by YAHUWAH SAVES because: (no reason given)

What I understood, was that he was wearing BDU's and a tactical vest.

I did not hear anywhere that it was bullet proof.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Wow. You people missed the point by a mile. Killing of any kind is offensive, whether by a gun or hand, if it is not in self defense or to protect the lives of innocent people then it is not moral period.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   

I do not live in fear, but rest in the ability to be able to defend against threats to my family/ neighbors/and country.
You my friend would be a victim, I choose to be a defender. I do not have the ability to huddle myself on the floor in the corner and let a madman shoot others while I cower. This Idea though may suit you , but it does not suit me and 90% of other Americans. I have and will coninue to defend these things I hold dear and you if need should ever arise! We are not the land of fear.........(I believe history confirms this cause didn't England take their pretty red coats back home and cower in the corner?) But the land of the Free and home of the BRAVE!

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Yosemite Sam

I have actually heard both reported so...

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join