It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Promote the Gun, Uplift the Second Amendment

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by sprtpilot
Renewing NRA membership tonight, they need our support now more than ever. You anti-gunners need to realize one thing- even if you could magically remove all guns from America, they would flood in through our borders!
The criminals would be well armed, always. Don't be so quick to hasten your own end.

Just like doesn't happen in every other country.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
There are twenty tiny dead bodies bled out on the cold floor. I wonder how many of them lived a few minutes to call out for their mommy or daddy? I wonder how many mothers wanted to tear down that wall and get to their babies cold bodies?
And the only answer you guys can come up with is "a gun ban won't work". No one wants guns banned, but what we have now is insane. When we shut down the mental institutions and turned the nuts loose, then proceeded to make more guns and bullets and more lax laws, what did we expect would happen? That the nuts would take their pills all on their own?
Dear God, WAKE UP!

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by MentorsRiddle

Is your right to bear arms worth the loss of the lives of all those children that were murdered today?

I'm struggling to see a justification for everyday citizens to carry these weapons (yes, they are 'weapons', they are designed purely to inflict bodily harm, not for 'protection'. If you want protection, wear a bullet-proof vest).

How can anyone condemn these horrific crimes yet, in the same breath, maintain their right to bear arms?
It is because of the 2nd amendment that Adam Lanza was able to obtain a weapon and open fire on all those young innocent children. This fact is plain and simple.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Darn it i hate it when I find a thread I want to contribute and it is already 4 or pages in! AAgggggg. Normally just read an move on.

Done with my rant and No I have not had time to read all replies but will as the weekend is at my my backdoor.

OK. I understand the fear of guns. It is basic and most people have never shot a fire arm. If you fear them maybe you should learn more about them. Heck I had a grandma who never drove and was afraid of cars. Same thing. We need to learn and adapt or die! That's it. So simple ...........

To put it simply..... talk to your kids and teach them the what if's pertaining to their age. That is the best we can do! Face it most families have both parents working or it is a single family orination we are talking about.

This all comes down to gun control. Yep guns have killed millions of innocent people. But was it the gun or the person? How many have been killed by a blade in past?

I just think everyone has a right to defend themselves and others at all cost if if it needs to be so!

These latest shootings are horrible! They are deeply troubled people or "quiet monsters"! Sick and questionably human!

edit on 12/14/2012 by restlessinMT because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
You know what? Why do you need a gun to protect yourself? My sister sure as hell didn't need a gun to protect herself when three big men with knives and guns tried raping her two years ago. I sure as hell didn't need a gun when dumb teenagers broke into my house a year ago and attempted to steal my stuff.

It's called martial arts. Look into it, it's pretty useful.

Guns are really only good for making others feel they have power over another.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   
In terms of the arguments in relation to tyranny, I would like to point this out. When Tunisia overthrew their dictator, it was reported that they had the lowest gun ownership rate in the world. I just thought that fact was very interesting in relation to the arguments posted on this forum.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Nobody wants you NOT to be able to own guns and "defend yourself" and it is really disgusting you'd politicize an event of this magnitude to falsely pretend that someone does.

People are begging the Pro Gun crowd to POLICE YOURSELF.
Make sure the people you hand guns out to are not deranged lunatics, make sure you teach them how to use them and more importantly - how to lock them up and ban automatic weapons.

Making this into a threat to repeal the second amendment already,
smacks of NRA advance propaganda to pistol whip it's base.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Promote the gun....that's insanity.

The "peoples militia" is fast becoming a danger to the people of the Republic for which our flag Stands.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by MentorsRiddle

Originally posted by olaru12
I'm all for the 2nd amendment and I have a very nice collection of pistols and long guns...

However people purchasing a fire arm need to be psychologically investigated as well as criminal records looked at and if you have ever been charged with a violent crime or DWI............NO GUN, no exceptions.

Violent crime yes... DWI no.

DWI yes. Yo can't tell me your resposible enough to handle a .50cal Desert Eagle, yet you can't stop yourself from driving drunk.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I swear to god, I'm to the point where I wish the government would round up all the right wing pro-rape, pro violence, pro gun nut jobs and stick 'em in a FEMA camp. I don't worry about cold hard criminals anymore. I worry about right wing crazies. They're the ones that pose the real danger to society.
edit on 15-12-2012 by SweetChild because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
AMERICANS HAVE THE RIGHT TO OWN GUNS SIMPLE!!!
nothing can change that!
maybe they should profile all these acts of terrorism-thats what they are
and only let certain age brackets or mental maturity levels own them

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by knowledgedesired
reply to post by BrokenAngelWings33

When is the last time you saw a criminal obey the law.... Oh wait..

That is why we call them criminals.

And there's a lot of right wing nut jobs talking about how they shouldn't have to obey the law of the land either.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dondylion
You know what? Why do you need a gun to protect yourself? My sister sure as hell didn't need a gun to protect herself when three big men with knives and guns tried raping her two years ago. I sure as hell didn't need a gun when dumb teenagers broke into my house a year ago and attempted to steal my stuff.

Good for you. Think you can teach your super awesome ninja skills to an 80 year old grandmother who needs a walker to get around the house? Or how about a 45 year old guy who lost both legs in a car accident and needs a wheelchair to get around?

Not everyone is capable of defending themselves in a fight.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

Originally posted by BrokenAngelWings33
We have it backwards, all this time we were thinking we were the evolved species....when is the last time you saw an animal pick up a gun and kill?
Ha! Did you ever watch a cat 'play' with something that is alive? The 'play' involves killing it!

Did you know that lion and gorilla males often kill young of their species that they didn't father? Isn't that sweet?

Are you asking me to follow the lead of these creatures?

SMH.

So are advocating killing for fun? For play? You know cats eat what they kill.

As far as primates killing offspring from other males, it's about survival of the species. Not for self defense. You're logic fails.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by SweetChild
I swear to god, I'm to the point where I wish the government would round up all the right wing pro-rape, pro violence, pro gun nut jobs and stick 'em in a FEMA camp. I don't worry about cold hard criminals anymore. I worry about right wing crazies. They're the ones that pose the real danger to society.

As opposed to those who believe that political disagreements should be settled by throwing the dissenters into a government concentration camp....

You gotta love it.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   

I guess I will tell my 82 year old grandmother she is s*** out of luck, and to make sure and tell the police all the awful things that happened to her. She should have fought them off from her wheel chair with her arthritis ridden hands...right?

Someone beat me to it
...I will say that my grandmother indeed had to defend herself on one occasion. Her pistol saved her from god knows what nightmare that night.
edit on 15-12-2012 by Shark_Feeder because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by vor78

Originally posted by SweetChild

As opposed to those who believe that political disagreements should be settled by throwing the dissenters into a government concentration camp....

You gotta love it.

When the thinking is no longer sane, then it's going to come to removing people from the rest of society. Because sooner, much sooner than later they'll act on their crazy impulses.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shark_Feeder

I guess I will tell my 82 year old grandmother she is s*** out of luck, and to make sure and tell the police all the awful things that happened to her. She should have fought them off from her wheel chair with her arthritis ridden hands...right?

Someone beat me to it
...I will say that my grandmother indeed had to defend herself on one occasion. Her pistol saved her from god knows what nightmare that night.
edit on 15-12-2012 by Shark_Feeder because: (no reason given)

If your 82 year old grandmother has an arthritic hand, then she is highly incapable of using a gun anyway. This story sounds incredibly made up because the poster has no clue how arthritis impacts gross motor skills. And if this is remotely true, then take the gun away from her as she is more likely to hurt herself than to defend herself.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   

This story sounds incredibly made up because the poster has no clue how arthritis impacts gross motor skills.

So now we resort to blind accusations towards my honesty do we?

Arthritis isn't too much of a problem, the trigger on her pistol is very easy to pull...Frankly too easy for my personal taste, I like something with more resistance.

And if this is remotely true, then take the gun away from her as she is more likely to hurt herself than to defend herself.

Wrong again....as I have already pointed out. Her gun has already saved her life on one occasion. Funny though, she has never hurt herself or anyone else with it.

Who the hell are we to tell her she must be at the mercy of monsters?

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shark_Feeder

This story sounds incredibly made up because the poster has no clue how arthritis impacts gross motor skills.

So now we resort to blind accusations towards my honesty do we?

Arthritis isn't too much of a problem, the trigger on her pistol is very easy to pull...Frankly too easy for my personal taste, I like something with more resistance.

And if this is remotely true, then take the gun away from her as she is more likely to hurt herself than to defend herself.

Wrong again....as I have already pointed out. Her gun has already saved her life on one occasion. Funny though, she has never hurt herself or anyone else with it.

Who the hell are we to tell her she must be at the mercy of monsters?

No blind assertions. Arthritis impacts your hand strength and gross motor skills, It would be very difficult for her pick up, wrap her hand around it and aim the weapon, regardless of how easy the trigger would be to pull. Further, if she really had arthritis, it would be most difficult if not impossible for her to load and clean / maintain. And again I call BS.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join