It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Promote the Gun, Uplift the Second Amendment

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
What they need to do is outlaw gun free zones.

In case nobody was paying attention; almost every SINGLE TIME one of these big gun massacres happens, it happens in a gun free zone.

Its like advertizing to crazed killer wannabees; defenceless people here. Easy targets are us.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by MentorsRiddle

Now a personal note to those of you who don’t live in America

You do not live here. You do not understand our ways. Please have enough decency and tact to not use a horrible killing to push your agendas and your own countrie's political ideals.
Please allow us to morn, and have enough respect than to immediately start running your mouth about things you don’t understand…

edit on 14-12-2012 by MentorsRiddle because: (no reason given)

Amen. I'm convinced that Americans have a fundamentally different way of thinking. (However, there are those behind the scenes working very hard to fundamentally transform America.)

This is a country of about 330 million citizens and illegal immigrants. We are very diverse racially, religiously, socially, financially, and every other way you can think of. Our land mass covers almost 10 million square miles. Each state is different. Each city is different. There are nine or ten cities with a population of over 1 million people. You cannot compare it to any other place on the planet.

One size does not fit all here.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenAngelWings33
reply to post by MentorsRiddle

Keep your guns, outlaw bullets.

Here's a better idea: Make shooting people ILLEGAL. That should do it.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by FortAnthem

In case nobody was paying attention; almost every SINGLE TIME one of these big gun massacres happens, it happens in a gun free zone.

Its like advertizing to crazed killer wannabees; defenceless people here. Easy targets are us.

Exactly. They are about as useful as huge billboards on the interstates leading into Chicago that read "Chicago is a crime-free zone".

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM

It is illegal! Didn't you get the memo.

That's why I say investigate all potential gun owners psychologically and criminally.

edit on 14-12-2012 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Ban people, that should do it.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Its not gun free zones its gun free people that are the problem, anyone not carrying while in any public area (basically outside of their house) should be arrested, when 99.999% of the adult population are packing and nervously looking at each other just in case then you'll have a safe if a bit jumpy society

but personally i believe that the founders words should be upheld canon so nothings banned chemical/nuclear/biological etc and the only problem getting hold of it is you can prove you're a citizen and you have the money as the second was designed to scare the government by them being able to be met by equal force.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
We have it backwards, all this time we were thinking we were the evolved species....when is the last time you saw an animal pick up a gun and kill?

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Ah, wrong day to do this. Sometimes 2nd amendment people should lay low, and this is one of those days that maybe you can just go out to dinner and watch a good sitcom tonight.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   

I wonder if anyone of importance is looking into the background of the recent shooters. Is anyone actively looking for a connection that might show an underlying goal?

Being a conspiracy nut, we tend to think everything is a conspiracy, only to have rational (boring) people tell us how paranoid we are. I don't buy into every conspiracy, but these recent shootings seem to be pushing the anti gun agenda. Look what happened in Australia. And now look at how people in Australia view guns as a result? It's almost as if they were brain washed. (at least seems that way from the vocal ones)

If This keeps going, I would be surprised if a bill to outlaw assault weapons at least wasn't introduced. Notice in the article how a .223 caliber weapon was mentioned in almost every report? Either an AR-15 or a Mini 14.

This could be a false flag event taking place.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Look at the implications. You guys are in real danger of losing all your rights.

Originally posted by FortAnthem

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Why are you politicizing a tragedy?

Gross.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by n00bUK
Times change, plus there wasn't 300 million people living in America when Second Amendment was written.

There is no denying that Americas gun policy is a huge mess.
I agree. The policy is really screwed up. All American citizens should be allowed to open carry anywhere and everywhere. If you are such a dangerous criminal that you cannot be trusted with a weapon, you should be in prison or sitting on old sparky. If you can be trusted to walk the streets, you should be able to do so armed as you see fit. I include military grade weapons in my policy. The purpose of the second amendment is not for hunting or even self defense. It is to defend our other rights from an overbearing government. To the point of overthrowing the government if necessary. That is why we have it.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aleister
Ah, wrong day to do this. Sometimes 2nd amendment people should lay low, and this is one of those days that maybe you can just go out to dinner and watch a good sitcom tonight.
Absolutely not. There has been a concerted assault on our rights. These are the times to be most vigilant.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShotGunRum
Why are you politicizing a tragedy?

Gross.

This has nothing to do with politicizing, and everything to do with the American WAY OF LIFE.

It has to do with this great tribe we call America.

If a burgler breaks into a house and steals christmas presents, and someone in the family says we need better locks.

Do you think another member of the family wills say, "How can you talk about more security at a time like this?"

No they will not say that. Because this very talk is what motivates people to action, and tragic events like this is what sways peoples minds while they are sensitive and open to suggestion.

So it is critical to reinforce this type of thing at a time like this, or others will will have their sway...

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   

No one is taking away your guns. The NRA corporate gun lobby is way too strong....sorry. It's like trying to defeat Monsanto...gun corps make way too much profit and lobby too hard for guns to go away anytime soon.

Gun control has decreased in this country, over the recent years, not increased.

Thank God Romney isn't president tho....you know the guy who signed the assault gun ban in MA. We might have to worry if he was.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by olaru12

Originally posted by AwakeinNM

It is illegal! Didn't you get the memo.

That's why I say investigate all potential gun owners psychologically and criminally.

edit on 14-12-2012 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

Wow. SMH

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   

We have it backwards, all this time we were thinking we were the evolved species....when is the last time you saw an animal pick up a gun and kill?

LOL That is the most ridiculous argument I have ever heard. EVER.

Tell ya what, let's put some loaded guns in the gorilla pen at any zoo and see what happens. You'll see that we ARE the superior species. (Not going to use the word "evolved")

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I don't live in America, I live in Australia & we have shootings, lots of them, it is criminals that have purchased the guns on the black market. We have some of the toughest gun laws to the point that framers, the ones that need them to protect livestock, go through a long process just for a BB gun.

What I do know is if I was ever in trouble I would want a US armed citizen to protect me not the US military.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join