It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secondhand smoke affects most apartment residents

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pardon?

Originally posted by jheated5

Originally posted by JaxonRoberts
reply to post by jheated5

The CDC... Now the Boogey-man...

Addicts crack me up!!!

These are the EDUCATED EXPERTS on disease and its causes. I think I'll buy into their numbers before I join you in the Amateur Hour of statistical analysis.

Ok that was second hand smoke with the combination of infectious diseases???? So they link the second hand smoke with the diseases they catch????? Deny Ignorance right??? What a joke.......

So we should believe the CDC, ya know the same CDC that said there is no link to the mercury in vaccinations and autism? or the same CDC that couldn't tell the difference between a seasonal flu and swine flu..... Well you got me.....

Where is the proof? At least show me how the all knowing CDC came up with these figures, there must be cases out there with direct correlation right??? Alright lets make it a little easier for you..... Find me 3 cases of people dying from second hand smoke this year......

Deny ignorance, right?

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
This so called "problem" will fizzle out within the next decade or two. Already electronic cigarette devices have switched a good chunk of smokers to vapers. The devices will improve, pollution will get so bad in general, and the public will increase their paranoia over the dangers of second hand smoke, that only a small group will be left smoking the real deal by 2030.

You will see never-smokers getting "smokers cough" before middle age, simply because they got the poo end of the stick for this genetically, and the pollution will be so extreme. Already asthma and allergies has increased quite a bit. How much second hand smoke contributes to the equation is laughable, yet not even worth that energy.
edit on 14-12-2012 by unityemissions because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Ok that was second hand smoke with the combination of infectious diseases???? So they link the second hand smoke with the diseases they catch????? Deny Ignorance right??? What a joke.......

So we should believe the CDC, ya know the same CDC that said there is no link to the mercury in vaccinations and autism? or the same CDC that couldn't tell the difference between a seasonal flu and swine flu..... Well you got me.....

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenAngelWings33
seer.cancer.gov...

So all these cancer's happen because of second hand smoke huh?

Where was there any mention of cancer from the OP?
What about respiratory diseases, cardiovascular diseases etc?

Do all those cancers occur due to pollution?
If you think they do then I'm afraid you're sadly mistaken.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   

With the greatest of respect (and we all know what comes next...) I would suggest that you know absolutely nothing whatsoever from a medical perspective. Certainly given your other statements.

If you truly believe that second hand smoke is not dangerous then I'm sorry but you really are an idiot.

The fact that you've completely misunderstood the whole premise of the study and the methodology they used to come to that occlusion shows that you are indeed ignorant too.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Show me they are wrong. They have the educational background to make these kind of statements, you are just jumping to conclusions. If you are going to tell me that the experts in the field are wrong, it is up to YOU to prove it, not me.

That's BS. They cater to lobbyists just like any other Government agency. The second hand smoke thing was from a study done years ago and there is good reason to believe that study was flawed. Look it up and consider those findings with an open mind.

" The Experts" also said electronic cigarettes were just as bad for you as smoking tobacco cigarettes. This is 100% a bold face Lie. Electronic cigarettes contain No carcinogens. The ingredients in them are the same as nicotine inhalers and those are also used in other medicines for breathing. We have 40 years of data from the CDC itself on the safety of these chemicals that they allow for use in breathing medicines. So why the lie? The CDC is in bed with Big Pharma as is the AMA and using an e-cig takes away from a 1 billion dollar a year global quit smoking products Big Pharma pushes.. that dont work. E-cigs are proven to be at least 40 to 80 percent more effective to get people to stop smoking tobacco than any other quit smoking product. So you see, the CDC does lie. I and many believe they are misrepresenting the truth about the second hand smoke issue like they did with the e-cig issue.

I stopped smoking two years ago and switched to a yummy e-cig. I blow out big clouds of vapor. I use it at wal-mart, restaurants, schools, theaters, hospitals, government buildings, etc. I get my Nicotine fix and the e-cig tastes way better than any cigarette. Comes in many flavors. I enjoy pineapple and candy cane with the nicotine strength of a full flavored cigarette.

Can second hand smoke harm you? I believe it can but it would have to be in high concentrations with no ventilation and you would have to be exposed to that situation for many years. This is not the case in most apartment buildings.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
as a smoker, I do understand the toxic death sticks and their effects on self and others.

However, I think walls seperating is not a issue. Is there some trace amounts if you smell it? sure, but its about as threatening as smelling a campfire in the distance.

excessive amounts of methane isn't good for you either mind you..if your neighbor is gassy, chances are you won't die because he had chili night and you smelled something stale.

I do hope they continue progress withe the electronic cig though...it is helpful, but not quite there yet...and ya, the addiction is all consuming and painful to even contemplate quitting, much less quit. Then nobody will complain (well, I imagine some people will complain anyhow, but no more complaints based in evidence).

Smoking is a friend...a horrible friend, but a friend nonetheless, and to consider quitting is like considering killing that friend..he may deserve it, but he is always there for you.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

reply to post by BrokenAngelWings33

Right, because the air outside is directly linked to 43,000 deaths each year... Oh wait, that's second hand smoke... Nice try at deflection of the issue, though...

Find me 10 cases this year from people who died from second hand smoke, not some made up boogey man numbers they got from statistical mathematics.... Show me 100% proof of the deaths of only 10 of these 43,000.... Show the case and the direct correlation, when you do that, I may start to believe you.....

Precisely! Produce any reliable, unequivocal statistics that are able, in any way (if convenient!) to separate 'atmospheric' pollution from the fabled second hand smoke...which incidentally, arrived on the anti-smoking lobbys' agenda, very late in the proceedings...
...there aint nothing like deflecting the scourge of industrial pollution by introducing a red herring...

A99

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
You can get run over tomorrow by a bus...go on have a fag

Plus it is only 7 days away
so if you do not smoke a great time to start.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join