It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ban the Gun, Repeal the Second Amendment.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

Geez, again, have you ever been there????

It is not exactly a tiny town.
Oh, and most tiny towns have a larger portion of gun ownership.

Your logic is flawed.
But, you go ahead thinking that those evil guns are coming to get you.
I too am scared of the evil M16 walking right up behind me and shooting me.
Because it never needs a person behind it.

I guess that banning vehicles is next, and swords, boomerangs, knives and baseball bats.
Oh, and rat poison, medications and booze.
Because those have all killed someone as well.

link   

Originally posted by DAZ21

Originally posted by TrueMessiah
I don't care if they did ban them. I'm keeping mine. I need to get some more. When martial law/zombie apocalypse/possible war on U.S. soil/terrorism, other country invasion unfolds, don't be asking me can you borrow one of mines after you turned yours in.

You're living in a dream world. If someone was going to kill you, if they were smart enough you would be dead before you could even think about your precious pistol. If you think about it, owning a gun is useless, because if someone wants to shoot you they will, they won't come up to you like in the films and put a gun to your face. You're not Jason bourne, you don't have super reflexes that are faster than a bullet.

Owning a gun is futile, here in the UK we have obviously evolved to understand that, but it does usually take the US a little longer to understand. Not all ofof you, just most of you. Use your brains and think of how a gun can really be used as a self defense weapon...

It can't.

If you want to just stand there like a sitting duck when any of the events I mention transpire then be my guest. One things for sure.....I bet I'd last longer than you would.

link   

Originally posted by Maxatoria
The solution is simple metal detectors and armed guards at every entrance to the school so the school itself will be a gun free zone (except for the guards) and so long as you have multiple guards per entrance to cater for a guard going rogue you'll have a nice secure educational environment

There were no guards at this school.
If there were, I'm sure the headlines would have read a completely different story.
The schools cannot afford to guard their schools anymore as.... well too many high paid admins...
But I guess that is a topic for another thread.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by MysterX

if an English person decides to rant about his or her anti-gun views...it just means that particular English person hasn't really thought his or her position through.

Let me get this right then because I as a British (not English) person disagree with you that can only mean that I have not thought through my position.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   

A study in the Journal of Trauma and Acute Care Surgery found that the gun murder rate in the U.S. is almost 20 times higher than the next 22 richest and most populous nations combined. Every one of those nations has stricter gun control laws. And then there's this fact: add together all the gun deaths in the 23 wealthiest countries in the world and 80 percent of those are American deaths. Of all the children killed by guns in those nations, 87 percent are American kids.

Huffington Post

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM

Originally posted by AwakeinNM

reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

I tried telling them the same thing and they won't listen, they believe that if they can own guns they will shoot the shooters, which blatantly hasn't happened over the recent shootings.

So get ready to face a whole bunch of cowboys.
edit on 14-12-2012 by DAZ21 because: (no reason given)

That's because schools are "gun free zones" moron. Gosh, that didn't deter the CRIMINAL, did it?

CRIMINALS don't care about LAWS. You and your bleeding heart idealism are not going to stop a criminal from committing a crime, and banning guns are not going to make guns magically disappear. Remember, alcohol was banned once, too. Remember how it "disappeared"?

edit on 14-12-2012 by AwakeinNM because: (no reason given)

Moron?

So how did the gunmen enter the school gun free zone? It's not a gun repellent, just because it's a gun free zone doesn't mean you can't walk in with a gun.

So I'm sure someone could have gone in and tried to be the hero, some of you think you are.

That's not the point though, maybe there wasn't anyone present with a gun to help.

The fact is though, this gun free zone wasn't very gun free was it?

You've just driven home my point. Kudos.

This just made my day and proved to me that some people have a total breakdown in logic. The LAW ABIDING citizens will ABIDE by the LAW of the signs posted. A criminal will not. Arm the criminal and leave the innocent as fish in a barrel.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Ask a few communist countries how they like gun control! C'mon, ask them how they like it!

Better ban cigs and booze too! (cause they don't kill anyone)
Better ban gas and propane and autos to! (cause they don't kill anyone)

You anti gun tards need to think a little. Stop drinking the cool-aid and fluoride all day long.

The government has that majority of guns and look what they do with them....kill innocent people every day!
Gangs of drug dealers are second on that list....you think they care about your laws?
and third is the people who use them mostly for protection, and then hunting.

So yah, lets ban guns of the people.....that way we can all be killed by the governments and drug dealers. Soon we will live in a utopia where we join one, or the other....or we just die!!!!!!!!

Grow up stupid heads!

Yah your shocked about a few shootings just cause it's on the news. Yah a few kids died. I feel kinda bad for them too. Doesn't mean I want a government storm trooper telling me when and where I can use the toilet...When and where I can work...Who I can marry and how many kidlets I can have and what gender is best....Where I get to live and how big it is.....Yup that's what I want.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZiggyMojo
reply to post by DAZ21

Are you saying Knives can't kill people? Are you saying people don't KILL with knives? LOL

A knife is every bit as dangerous as a gun. Weapons are only as dangerous to people as the people wielding them. That is the logic you are missing.

What nonsense are you trying to sell?

Tell me, if you were in a street and someone was 10 feet in front of you with a knife or a gun, which one would you rather it be?
Run and you have a good chance with a knife weilder to get away...run with a person with a gun and you get a bullet in your back.

Also, knives have less mortality rate than bullets when they are struck home..requires upper body strength, etc. Also, if there is a crime committed, a person whom stabbed you is far more likely to be caught due to close proximity (aka, you can grab them, get some of their dna under your fingernails, hair samples, etc).

I can list a page long retort to that comment..but it would probably be easier for you to admit that is a silly thing to say...you don't have to be anti-gun to see the logic in how a knife is less dangerous than a gun...this makes you simply intelligent..
For instance, a pen is less dangerous than a knife..both can be used to murder someone...but because they can both be deadly, doesn't mean they are equal in deadliness..that doesn't mean I am anti-knife for understanding that..it just means I am rational.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Im not saying ban guns because that is not the answer but there should be mental tests for people that want guns.
Especially tests for people that want assault weapons and armor and any other crazy over the top crap.
The tests should be tests ones mental stability. Some people have said today that if people want guns they will get them. That maybe true.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   

link   

Originally posted by macman

Your logic is flawed.

I guess that banning vehicles is next, and swords, boomerangs, knives and baseball bats.

Ive been to many small towns and all of them have lower crime rates than cities.

Your right, 30,000 isnt that small but its still small.

And once again its not actually mandatory to own a gun there

Exempt from the effect of this section are those heads of households who suffer a physical or mental disability which would prohibit them from using such a firearm. Further exempt from the effect of this section are those heads of households who are paupers or who conscientiously oppose maintaining firearms as a result of beliefs or religious doctrine, or persons convicted of a felony.

So in reality the gun laws there arent any different than most other places in the US

link   

Your logic is flawed.

Ive been to many small towns and all of them have lower crime rates than cities.

Your right, 30,000 isnt that small but its still small.

And once again its not actually mandatory to own a gun there

Exempt from the effect of this section are those heads of households who suffer a physical or mental disability which would prohibit them from using such a firearm. Further exempt from the effect of this section are those heads of households who are paupers or who conscientiously oppose maintaining firearms as a result of beliefs or religious doctrine, or persons convicted of a felony.

So in reality the gun laws there arent any different than most other places in the US

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Have you been to that town in GA?

Shall I write that out in crayon, or are you going to answer it this time??

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Tyranny is just as likely these days as it was in the past IMO..perhaps with the huge economic woes we're all dealing with the last few years, even more so.

Sure, they will initially legislate against freedoms and rights, which of course is happening right now, but an out right onslaught of maniacle tyranny won't happen, as the people are currently armed..if they were not - who knows.

The 2nd wasn't put into the constitution for a government that was certain to happen..it's there to deter any government from getting ideas along those lines, and for all intents and purposes it seems to be working.

If guns and ammo are such an evil, i wonder why every five minutes the governmental mouthpieces get out the bullhorn to shout about banning guns, when at the same time almost every government agency and department is buying up as many millions of hollow point rounds and human shaped targets, as they can get their hands on?

Hollow points are specifically used to kill...not to stop or wound, when you shoot one of those at a person, they are much more lilkely to be killed, yet those are the ammo of choice for who is it this week buying 10's of millions of rounds...the water board or the book lending library staff?

link   

reply to post by DAZ21

Oh boy. You have watched too many movies there bubba.

I guess that being shot automatically means you die.
And I bet you believe that when a car flips, it explodes and that shooting a gas tank gets you an explosion as well.

I do know that I can shoot someone from point blank upto hundreds of yards or more. Try throwing a knife as far as a bullet...

Oh... Turns out guns are more deadly. If not ,why the evolution in weapons from swords to guns?

Bubba.

link   
This about says it all.

edit on 14-12-2012 by RedmoonMWC because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Because the Us does not have the "highest rate" in the world

en.wikipedia.org...

By why lets facts enter in to the conversation this is ats where dogma reigns supreme.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by DAZ21

Are you going to answer the question of do you believe that being shot automatically means you die?

edit on 14-12-2012 by macman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

Never been to the US so no I havent been to that town.

Have you been to any other of the 1000's of towns of that size around the world that dont have high crime rates?

Most of them seem to be doing OK without every moron wanting or owning a gun

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin
reply to post by MysterX

if an English person decides to rant about his or her anti-gun views...it just means that particular English person hasn't really thought his or her position through.

Let me get this right then because I as a British (not English) person disagree with you that can only mean that I have not thought through my position.

i have been in the same position as you on here before trying to make sense of the problem and was absolutely hammered.

some advice....dont take it to heart...you will never convince the idiots..they are feral in their attacks on anyone who doesnt agree.

stay strong..there are those of us who agree with what your saying.

my only thought as we wait for obama to come out and watch his mouth move but say the same bull# time after time is that if only they were as passionate about stopping their government from running their country into financial ruin they may not need their guns.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join