It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ban the Gun, Repeal the Second Amendment.

page: 40
<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Drunk drivers kill more people than guns. Cars are evil we should ban them.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I see were u are coming from with the hunting i dont think guns should be banned but i dont think any tom dick or harry should have military standard weapons. A pistol and a bolt action rifle for hunting purposes should be allowed better controlled but allowed none the less. How ever on the drug trade and black market the reason y drugs are so profitable is because they run out u buy a bag of coke or weed you use the drug then u need more hence the reason there is a high profit margin but with a gun u dont shoot a round or a clip and throw the gun away do u im not sayin there isn't a high gun trafficking problem or banning guns will solve it but the senseless killing has to stop

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by SolomonGrundy

Hunting is not what the second is about. It was to ensure that every adult has access to the same guns a common soldier use. Hunting is the main reason they are used, but certainly not the only one.

It was to ensure that the people can become a standing army at the drop of a dime, if need be. To ensure we will always be protected from enemies without, and enemies within.
edit on Sun, 16 Dec 2012 19:18:45 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I understand the 2nd was replying to an earlier post but wat good is a few machine guns gonna do against planes takes rockets drones that most militaries have foreign or domestic. When the 2nd was written it had relevance but in this day and age i think america needs something different

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by SolomonGrundy
I understand the 2nd was replying to an earlier post but wat good is a few machine guns gonna do against planes takes rockets drones that most militaries have foreign or domestic. When the 2nd was written it had relevance but in this day and age i think america needs something different

I'm not one who bases my pro-gun argument on this point, but its one that can easily be made. Run the numbers on the size of the military vs the geographic size of the United States. Its a logistical nightmare. No army on Earth could occupy and control it, because they have nowhere near the manpower or equipment to cover even a third of it.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   

As a stated in the other thread, when the population that supports that military, turns against it, then the military is a walking dead man.

Where do they get the fuel to run the vehicles?
Who is going to make the bombs that they use on people?
Who is going to give them food?
Who is going to give them the ammo to use on their own people?

They are dependent of civilian farmers.
They are dependent on arms manufactures that depend on a civilian work force.
They are dependent on refineries that or ran by civilians.

If the US population , as a whole, does turn against the military, government, and the people that support them. Then pretty soon, they will have nothing to eat, nothing to shoot, and nothing to drive.

The troops won’t be able to come back home, and the people in the civilian population will not dare help the military, because they know their neighbors will shoot them, if they do.

............Edit...........
And the old statement about people with guns not being a match for armored vehicles. You can’t live in that vehicle all your life. You have to come out sooner or later. When you do come out, there will be no safe place to take shelter.
edit on 16-12-2012 by Mr Tranny because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
For that to happen the whole country would have to turn against the government i cant see that happening there are alot more sheep who will follow everything the they say and to few wolves that would stand up for them selves. But who knows wat plans america has for such events they would of already played out similar scenarios and tactics to use incase such a thing happens in my opinion i think america as a whole just loves guns abit to much they like to play cowboys and be a hero but to my knowledge i cant remember the last time a conceal and carry has prevented such things happening or they are not reported that much

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
For that to happen the whole country would have to turn against the government i cant see that happening there are alot more sheep who will follow everything the they say and to few wolves that would stand up for them selves. But who knows wat plans america has for such events they would of already played out similar scenarios and tactics to use incase such a thing happens in my opinion i think america as a whole just loves guns abit to much they like to play cowboys and be a hero but to my knowledge i cant remember the last time a conceal and carry has prevented such things happening or they are not reported that much

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin
I think many of the pro-gun group are deluded, ultimately if a shooting is not able to go and buy a gun then he can’t use the gun to kill people.

And if people weren't allowed to go and buy a car, we would never have car wrecks either! In an ideal world, we wouldn't need police officers, we would all get along, and work towards a common unity, a common goal. We wouldn't have mentally ill people walking the streets, and money would have no real value. There would be no poor, nor rich. Everyone would be happy and no one would murder anyone. Nor would anyone ever have a want or a need. But we do not live in this world, and never will. Us pro-gun "nuts" know this. We do not tend to delude ourselves with false promises and hopes. This planet is a barbaric place. We are still the same people today that we were 2000 years ago. Nothing has changed from a biological, evolutionary standpoint... And there is nothing stopping us/our society from devolving back to where we were 2000 years ago.

The fact is, going after gun dealers and banning guns is aching to banning cars. Over 11,000 peopled died in the US alone last year from drunk driving related fatalities. Should we go after car manufacturers? Should we ban cars because people might wield them irresponsibly? We already have laws on the book that say "If you drink and drive, your going to Jail" "If you kill someone, you're going to jail." "If you rob someone, you're going to jail." "If you buy a gun without a permit, you're going to jail" "If you hurt someone, you're going to jail." Why do you want more laws? I will say that I do think your intentions are good. But you can't seem to see the forest for the trees.

Guns are merely a tool. They can be used in acts of violence against anyone, as we all witnessed just a few short days ago. They can also be used against those who would see to inflict acts of violence on us and those we love. That is what people like you cannot seem to understand. Guns can become a necessary "evil" when the end justifies the means. Tony Martin of your country is a great example. Two robbers break into his house in 1999. Fearing for his own life, he shoots and kills one of the robbers whom had a criminal history of 28 prior convictions. Instead of giving this guy a metal, your government throws him in jail for the rest of his life.

en.wikipedia.org...

I accept that a gun is a tool, but it is a tool which only has one function, to kill another living being, it is an inherently evil tool. As such the claim that “guns don’t kill people, people do” is utterly absurd, a guns only function is to kill, that is what it is designed to do, kill so yes guns do kill people don’t hide behind the label of “tool” as it only makes you look like a tool.

Guns have no inherent intent. They are a tool to be used based solely on the person operating it. A gun, as an inanimate object, has no intention to kill anymore than a nail gun does, or a fork, screw driver, etc. It is simply a tool and nothing else. It can be used for a plethora of things. Look at both sides of the issue instead of just one side. Try and understand that not all gun wielding people are psychopathic murderers. Some of us do in fact use them with good intentions in mind.
edit on 16-12-2012 by rock427 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   

I see were u are coming from with the hunting i dont think guns should be banned but i dont think any tom dick or harry should have military standard weapons. A pistol and a bolt action rifle for hunting purposes should be allowed better controlled but allowed none the less. How ever on the drug trade and black market the reason y drugs are so profitable is because they run out u buy a bag of coke or weed you use the drug then u need more hence the reason there is a high profit margin but with a gun u dont shoot a round or a clip and throw the gun away do u im not sayin there isn't a high gun trafficking problem or banning guns will solve it but the senseless killing has to stop

Fortunately not every Tom, Dick, or Harry can have military standard weapons, since there's already a permanent assault rifle ban.

u r geting wat im saying rite?

/TOA

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by khimbar

Originally posted by DeathShield

Very Rarely will i respond to threads of this nature But let's get something clear here. Banning Guns in the UK did not put an end to gun related crimes. Last year gun crimes ROSE by 35% in the UK. Source: www.dailymail.co.uk...

You do know that article is from 2003?

So it wasn't last year.

Here is one from 2009 that measures the violence over the past decade.
Gun Crime in the UK goes up 89% in decade

(Note that its getting worse, not better.)
edit on 16-12-2012 by rock427 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by libertytoall
Drunk drivers kill more people than guns. Cars are evil we should ban them.

Not only that, but alcohol, too! We should ban alcohol. That way no one can get alcohol!

Oh wait....

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 04:59 AM
link   
I don’t know how I can be any clearer on this but the argument about if you ban guns then you have to bun knifes next is not a feasible argument against gun control nor is supporting a gun for everyone to defend yourselves against a tyrannical government. Please stop with these arguments they don’t work I have already explained my stance on them.

We appear to be going round in circles

I want to make another observation however specifically about the support of weapons on ATS,

Why is it that we have countless threads about the “military industrial complex” and the power it wields yet so many of you are prepared to support it buy buying more and more of their guns. It is a huge contradiction, contradiction however is so prolific on ATS I am not surprised.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Not my country so my decision making is of no consequence. However, as an exercise, my position would be that banning guns would be a sensible move.

Would it solve all gun problems? No.

Would there still be tragedies? Yes. If someone is committed enough to take a course of action, then they will ensure they undertake that action, regardless of difficulties.

However, banning guns would certainly reduce the sheer volume of gun related crime and mass shootings, purely on statistics. Less people having access to guns = less potential incidents.

Criminals will always have a way to access weapons. However, it generally isn't criminals that carry out mass shootings so that argument doesn't wash with me. Instead, it is someone that has lost it, for whatever reason.
edit on 17-12-2012 by Flavian because: Missing word

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 06:33 AM
link   
I think we can safely conclude from the idiotic responses to this thread that propaganda does indeed work, and that most people are simple parrots, barking back the lines they have been taught.

My fellow Americans, if you can not see at this point that we have a GUN problem, then you are lost forever. I am seriously considering leaving the country, not because of the guns, but because you are all so #ing stupid.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Grumble

I think we can safely conclude from the idiotic responses to this thread that propaganda does indeed work, and that most people are simple parrots, barking back the lines they have been taught.

That’s something I have noticed in this debate the pro-gun crowd talk about us being “sheeple” and “brainwashed” yet it is they who repeat all of the same rhetoric as the big gun lobbies they almost all repeat the exact same arguments using the exact same words.

Yes I do recognise that some have valid arguments for sticking with the status quo but for the most part this thread has been 40 pages of people saying “what about knifes”, “we need guns to protect us from tyranny” and “the second amendment says….” With the odd bit of “ahhh well in the UK” none of these I see as valid arguments.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
What truly baffles me, are the folks from other countries, who really have no idea what the USA is actually like... They get their information from their version of MSM which tells them all about the good ol' US of A, while also telling them what to buy, what to think and what to believe. They themselves have given up most, if not all of their rights and are currently being ruled as subjects, and, unlike us, are not sovereign citizens...
Then they come on a conspiracy website, and tell Americans, that we are foolish to trust our Constitution, and that we are paranoid to fear our Govt.!!!

WHAT?????? AM I MISSING SOMETHING HERE?????
edit on 12/17/2012 by GoOfYFoOt because: I can...

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
The second is not going anywhere, neither are guns. If you don't like it, move to a country that suits you better, or maybe one of those super liberal cities that are "gun free".

Me, I am keeping my guns, and staying in my "redneck" area surrounded by others with guns. I do not fear a tool, and I do not fear my neighbors that have many of these tools. I will stay here, where neighbors actually know who I am, and care, and would use their scary tools to protect me, as I would them.

I live in a real community, that has no police force by choice, yet we have no real crimes here. We do not want police here, they would be doing nothing but handing out fines and harassing kids out of boredom. I am going to grab some of my scary guns, and go into my backyard, and put a few hundred bullets down range.
edit on Mon, 17 Dec 2012 09:53:45 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by GoOfYFoOt
What truly baffles me, are the folks from other countries, who really have no idea what the USA is actually like... They get their information from their version of MSM which tells them all about the good ol' US of A, while also telling them what to buy, what to think and what to believe. They themselves have given up most, if not all of their rights and are currently being ruled as subjects, and, unlike us, are not sovereign citizens...

WHAT?????? AM I MISSING SOMETHING HERE?????
edit on 12/17/2012 by GoOfYFoOt because: I can...

It's a two-way thing though, surely? It's not as if (some) Americans don't appear on threads about European stories offering opinions without any first hand experience.

Then they come on a conspiracy website, and tell Americans, that we are foolish to trust our Constitution, and that we are paranoid to fear our Govt.!!!

Why the #ing hell are Americans here then, if they're not scared of your Government?

I see it all the time: the government is poisoning food, poisoning the skies; alphabet agencies are spying on us, abducting us; the police are beating us, tasering us, killing us; the government is stopping us from smoking where we want, what we want, stopping us from what we want to eat; the government has put a Muslim Marxist in the White House; the government is allowing immigrants to take over; they're planning to take this right away, that freedom away; the government is allowing athiests to undermine the Christian moral compass of America; gays are taking over with their gay agenda; the blacks are taking over; the Mexicans are taking over and no one speaks American anymore; Hollywood is indoctrinating adults with a liberal agenda; schools are turing American children into communists; the government are going to put us in FEMA death camps; we need guns to stop the government over-running us and now the government are going to take the guns away...

of course Americans are paranoid.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by GoOfYFoOt

I want to clear up something, seems to be a misconception some people have.

I am a citizen of the United Kingdom of Great Brittan and Northern Ireland, I am not a “British subject”

I am a citizen not a subject.

Please stop making this mistake its annoying and insulting to my nationality.

edit on 17-12-2012 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join