It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ban the Gun, Repeal the Second Amendment.

page: 37
<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

So how did you celebrate your rising crime rate in Britain when they gave up their guns???

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alfie1

Originally posted by Krakatoa
Y'now, through all this back-and-forth, "ban guns", "we need them to defend against a corrupt government", etc.. nobody is stating one of the clear defensive reasons for have a firearm for personal protection (even a multi-shot semi-auto)......protection during a crisis. Yes, remember back to Hurricane Katrina? After the devastation, there were roaming gangs of thugs, looting and do other nefarious acts of violence wielding illegal weapons to intimidate and harm others. THIS is one of the most likely cases for self-protection, since natural (or man-made) disasters break down the thin line between civilization and anarchy. Sad, but all too true.

I would bet that if Britain was faced with a major natural disaster, their population would revert back to this mentality just the same. If it ever does happen, can I sit here and say, you should have fought for your right to own a weapon to protect yourself from those roving gangs.....huh?

Oh, and Brits, that weapons ban really helped fight the IRA and subway bombers didn't it? Killer will kill with whatever is available at their disposal. Until such a time as human nature changes to grow beyond that behavior, out of our adolescence as a species, personal protection will be needed. Wishing for things never works....praying for things never works, DOING things does work.

I'm out.............

Didn't happen during the London blitz when 28,556 Londoners were killed and 1,000,000 homes destroyed.

In case you missed it the IRA have now rejected violence and decommisioned their weapons.

The London tube bombers were not stopped by guns, agreed, but neither were your 9/11 lot despite all your guns.

During the blitz, you had the biggest thug already menacing you, right? And I'm sure there was no looting at the time, right????

As for the IRA, yes, what you state is fact.....NOW. During the height of the IRA, it was not the case, right? SO, hind-sight is 20/20 they say. Well, we are still in the midst of that type of fight with the drugs and gangs. And, it seems you higher-than-mighty Brits are also now facing a growing trend in that area too....sorry....but I'm not buying your tripe. You come here with your family, live here, in the Bronx, Oakland, or along the Texas border with Mexico for a while, THEN you tell me your opinion on banning guns (and hopefully nobody in your family is seriously dead at that point).

edit on 16-12-2012 by Krakatoa because: spelling

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin

So here I am sitting watching the news, I see a young boy talking about how he “saw and heard” the bullets of a gun man. The headline below this innocent child’s face reads “27 people killed in Connecticut shooting, 18 children”.

I am not to beat about the bush hear but as a British guy looking in on this I am shocked, there have been more of these type of mass shootings this year than I can count. Every month I am seeing some state governor passing on his heartfelt condolences to the families of the dead.

How about this instead America rather than having your leaders “apologise” to all the dead families how about you do this? Get out of the Wild West and the 18th century and BAN THE GUN!!! You are not cowboys anymore, you are not John Rambo the British are not about to invade you.

For the “guns don’t kill people, people do”, stop hiding behind an old cliché, if you lot bothered with proper gun control I would not be watching this disturbing story.

To be clear, I am not saying ban all guns or ban the gun overnight, what I am saying is that you lot need to grow up and some proper gun regulation. You need gun reform, it’s very simple, none of you gun enthusiasts needs 40 guns with 1200 rounds of ammunition.

Stop hiding behind that ancient bit of paper, your constitution, you all need to grow a set and sort out your gun problem before you have anoter 18 dead kids, who knows next time it could be one of yours, I pray it is not and i pray for the families of those affected
"grow a set", you mean like the UK did when they gave up there guns like sheep.
Go to any search engine and put in "The Uk Gun Ban" and tell me that it worked in the UK and Austraila. It seems you ignor your own history and think when your government does not tell you what is really happening in the UK that all is fine.

How does it feel to be such a misinformed fool ? or did you just get your talking points wrong?

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Boomer1941

So how did you celebrate your rising crime rate in Britain when they gave up their guns???

Crime rates are falling in the UK :-

www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
It never ceases to horrify and fascinate me to see so many who would willingly be enslaved in the mistaken ideal of a false sense of peace and well-being.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I am just thankful I live in the East Coast of Scotland, we had 2 shootings I can remember in the last 10 year or so. And nobody died.

I get why the Gun males people "feel" safe.
Knowing nobody has Guns where I am makes me feel safe.
Because I know it is not an issue we have to deal with.

But I get the 2nd, and I think there is middle ground that can be made by pro and anti-Gun people.

Over here, if we have a "Nutter" they throw themselves off Edinburgh Castle or Arthur Seat.
They don't go killing people.
Dunblane happened less than 20 miles from my house (Andy Murray the Tennis Player was there that day)
But that is the ONLY time it happened in my lifetime.

Life is about opinions, and we must allow opinions.
But we need to stop people being shot.
How? I don't know.

God Bless them all. RIP

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Even ceasing gun production is not good enough, guns are hidden at peoples homes and the government has them. You are dreaming today OP, unless you can make all guns disappear from earth then you don't have to worry about no human shooting each other. You need to think right and face reality. If a good citizen in that school like the principle or teach had a gun, the death toll would have been a lot less, no one there to stop him. How sad that there are still some people fail to see things right. As you can see all the arms men from the Governent comes in with AR-15 and so on after everything is over. Call 911 and pray? Criminals will get guns on the street, through black markets or secret channels anyway. So normal people like me can't defend my self and family when a gun men comes in? You make me sick OtherSideOfTheCoin

edit on 16-12-2012 by Yurimaster because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-12-2012 by Yurimaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Right on OP! Let's make this hideous MK-Ultra OP a stunning success and just set fire to this "ancient piece of paper" altogether and lie down and let the petroleum soaked jackboot be pressed firmly against the side of our faces. What evil rules this World to create such despicable abominations? How many children have been reduced to ground meat by American bombs? How many innocents slaughtered in Iraq, Afghanistan and Pakistan? Enough! Enough! Enough! Seig Heil OP, your are a useful instrument to the powers that used to be!

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
If firearms are outlawed only outlaws will own firearms.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
OP is correct..

It looks plain dumb from outside the US to why the American people wont ban there guns..
Guns are made to kill.. America on many occasion's quite simply try and create peace with retaliation and war.. which is ignorant.
As we have seen.. many times..
The only gunman.. that stops a gunman with a gun.. is the one which already has created the massacre.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alfie1
Crime rates are falling in the UK :-

www.guardian.co.uk...

I realize that you're just correcting an error by another poster, but its also true that US crime rates have been dropping. Even the US homicide rate has been cut in half compared to its highs in the late 80s and early 90s. The rate and total number of US homicides is actually at its lowest levels since the late 1960s.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by shauny
I am just thankful I live in the East Coast of Scotland, we had 2 shootings I can remember in the last 10 year or so. And nobody died.

I get why the Gun males people "feel" safe.
Knowing nobody has Guns where I am makes me feel safe.
Because I know it is not an issue we have to deal with.

Plenty of legal guns, both north and south of the border. Plenty of illegal ones, too, unfortunately. The fact than you are oblivious (and therefore able to feel safe) is a testament to the fact that the many gun owners in Scotland tend to be sensible and law abiding. Just like the many millions of gun owners in the US who have managed to own a gun all their lives without shooting anything other than bits of paper at the local range.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I know at our schools they have drills which include lock downs for the rooms and the school .After which they discuss what more could have been done or what went wrong during the drill.They also have an armed guard or an under cover off duty cop during school hours. Just my 2 cents.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I would start with banning assault rifles and other powerful guns, there's NO reason to have these type of guns available to the public.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Much if the negative reactions you are getting are from people brainwashed by the NRA (the political arm of the gun manufacturers) and their paid shills. There is one NRA shill on youtube calling himself nutnfancy who really takes the cake. If you want insight into why american gun culture is so #ed up watch some of this guys videos. It is not about freedom or rights it is about making money.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   

You do that and I'll just 3d print my guns in 3 years.

Because the anti piracy attempts have worked so well.

You should stop living behind the old cliches.

You're not in the 20th century anymore. In under 5 years anyone will be able to design, print, and use their own weapons from the comfort of their own home. You ban guns then and it's the same as banning online music. Those with the tech will be the only ones with it, and then we'll just run the show.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flow101
I would start with banning assault rifles and other powerful guns, there's NO reason to have these type of guns available to the public.

Yes there is. Because someone wants one. That's a good reason. Because people use them for recreational shooting. Millions of people across the world manage to own, use and enjoy using a wide range of firearms without ever hurting someone.

Are you also asking for all recreational fencers to have their swords taken? How about all those archers with their deadly bows and arrows?

Besides, for the purposes of the 2A it is implicit that people should be able to own arms comparable to the arms held by the military. The whole point was to ensure that the balance of power lay with the people by giving them the ability to rise against the government is necessary.

Have you made your own clothes recently, or do you buy them from shops? Because if you never make your own clothes, there really is no reason for you to be able to own knitting needles or sewing machines, either. Be careful throwing "no reason" around because what you and your ilk actually mean is "I don't like it so noone else should be allowed to like it either". That, my friend, is fascism.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Here is the most profound statement that you will read, and then re-read, in the next 21 seconds...

There are MORE dealers of illegal drugs in the United States, than there are dealers of legal guns! (Think about it...How many gun stores are there in your area? Now, how many drug dealers are listed in your local Police Blotter every week? And those are just the ones that got caught...)
DO you REALLY think more gun laws will make a difference?

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Hey British Guy mind your business.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Someone early on in the thread said that the Connecticut already has an assault rifle ban, so gun reform is a moot point. What I'd like to know is, how is a gun like the .233 Bushmaster not considered an assault rifle? Why was that gun legal? It seems like such an excessively powerful gun, relative to, say, a small, concealable handgun.

top topics

<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join