It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ban the Gun, Repeal the Second Amendment.

page: 33
<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fireman205253
And don't forget throughout history more people have been killed because of religion.

Don't you mean people kill, not religion ?

Anyways, even more people throughout history were killed by smallpox but we've managed to eradicate that.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Credenceskynyrd
reply to post by DAZ21

if you are sincere, more kids suffer through the effects of alcohol abuse by adults (whether murdered, raped, in care etc) - so why not start a prohibition march if you care for suffering kids?

Odd logic there. Are you suggesting that nothing should be done for "suffering kids " unless everything that might hurt them is tackled at once ?

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Alfie1

of course it was the people, not the religion. as it was the person with the gun not the gun.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

Is Britton much safer with out them ? last I checked a person gets assaulted every 4 minuits with a blade. 130000 per year 60k are grievously injured and permanently scarred and disfigured. So when you gonna ban knives?? Wait you already have as their laws against carrying them and restrictions on length and type. So now u get stabbed and can't stab back.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   

We don't change the constitution because of a couple of nutjubs. Get off your high horse.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by th3dudeabides

We don't change the constitution because of a couple of nutjubs. Get off your high horse.

It's not a couple of nut jobs. It's thousands. Yeah millions. And gun nuts with hero complexes are the most dangerous of all.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by SweetChild

Really, millions? I hope you aren't saying everyone with a gun is a nutjob

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
Guns don't kill people, mentally deranged people with access to firearms do.

How true... The second amendment is our right to protect ourselves. Although it is very sad what happened and my heart goes out to those families who have lost loved ones to a violent crime like what has happened over the last 20 years, people should not be punished because there are a few deranged men out there that has abused the right to bare arms.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Lol @ the anti gun crowd. Let's use your logic in a different scenario.

americanfreepress.net...

A 2005 report published by the New Century Foundation called “The Color of Crime” took these trends a step further:

• Blacks are seven times more likely than people of other races to commit murder, and eight times more likely to commit robbery.
• Blacks are three times more likely than non-blacks to use a gun in a crime.
• Blacks commit 75% of all interracial crimes; whites commit 15%; while others account for 10%.
• Blacks are seven times more likely to be imprisoned than whites.

To gauge these numbers, although blacks only comprise 13% of the U.S. population compared to whites at 65%, in 2010 blacks committed more murders (5,890) than whites (5,286). In this context, it’s not surprising that over 10% of all black males aged 25-65 currently reside in prison. That figure is a mere 1.4% for whites.

So, by the same logic we should just ban black people! Right? I mean it would cut down on crime, wouldn't it?!

Or does that just sound completely silly?

edit on 12-15-12 by paradox because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by rockoperawriter
reply to post by CB328

news flash, black markets don't require id cards

And neither does walmart - unless you're buying sudafed.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Here's how they will do it. Half of their argument is already built. Soon gun rights advocates will not have any other defense against the "gun grabbers"...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by SweetChild

Have you ever bought a gun from walmart? They do checks, where are people coming up with walmart doesn't do checks?

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Fireman205253

I can confirm they do checks in NY, I got a few cheap shotguns there before........

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
In Ohio they do too

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
To keep things in perspective there are almost as many licensed gun shops in the US as there are gas stations. One or two psychopaths can't retract from the peaceful rights of millions of responsible gun owners.
edit on 15-12-2012 by libertytoall because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
To put things into perspective India has the highest amount of murders in the world. One year, not sure if it was last year or the year before, they had over 40000 murders. Now they have very strict gun laws, you have to petition the government and prove that there is a threat. Feel free to look it up on Wikipedia I don't have a link available at the moment but will get one. But the point is banning guns did nothing, but make it harder for people to obtain them for self defense. 40000 is alot of people kind of shocking
edit on 15-12-2012 by Fireman205253 because: (no reason given)

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 15-12-2012 by Fireman205253 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Why is it that so many of you Brits are the ones who are calling for us Americans to be disarmed? Could it maybe be that misery loves company after all?

So a few hundred years later you guys went out drinking at the Pubs and woke up the next morning in pain after being raped by the origins of The New World Order. Yep, you woke up to the reality that you would be disarmed. Actually, you grabbed your ankles, puckered up, and prepared for what was coming without giving up a fight whatsoever.

Well, we are not like you guys, and don't blame us either, we were the strongest of you lot back then, and still are. We crossed the Atlantic to America, plowed the land, and hunted the forests while fighting Natives off and we slowly built up a resistance to your callused knee ways.

We struggled, we perished but we eventually stood up to the masters that you still bow down to. Nah, They can't have any nasty revolutions like here, France and in Spain, oh no, not in Great Britain!

Know what I think? I think that you guys are so bitter about being taken advantage of that you desire us Americans to be eternally subjugated just as you all are.

Though I respect you guys a lot cause my ancestors came from England and Scotland, I pity how they have castrated you all and this thread is a perfect example of your submission to your ruling overlords. Still love you guys though, and will always stand by your side in any time of need. So what if we disagree about a few liberties that some of us still choose to preserve.

At the end of the day, we are still brothers and sisters. ~$heopleNation

edit on 15-12-2012 by SheopleNation because: TypO

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I think everyone needs to stop trying to figure out the answer.

There is no answer. The world is violent and awful. Have we become so delusional and comfortable that we've forgotten this? Yes this shooting is abysmal and there are really no words to describe how awful it is, but we cannot legislate this kind of thing away. There are 6.5 billion animalistic killers in waiting on this planet. All of us have the ability to flip out and kill. Most of us have not and will not ever get to that point, but a small percentage do.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Stop hiding behind that ancient bit of paper

And then everything you just said meant nothing and was suddenly even more offensive.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   

I hate guns. Let me put that out first.

But tell me OP, how would they ban guns? You mean, new sales? Because there's no way they're going to go to a millions homes to confiscate what's already been purchased. If they try, people will hide their guns or play stupid and not know where they are.

People have to really think this out instead of making a statement without a plan of attack.

And it's okay that you feel this way but stricter gun laws could NOT have prevented this. He used his mothers legal guns.

The answer is more metal detectors. In malls. In ALL schools. In theaters. In sporting events. In concerts. Wherever a lot of people gather, everyone has to be patted down.
That's the world we're living in. Like it or not.

This would mean more jobs for the TSA though. In fact, maybe they'll leave the airports that don't warrant 50 damn TSA employees all at once. Maybe they can finally make better use of their minimum wage jobs!!

It's either them or the military.

Orwell is turning over in his grave for sure.

top topics

<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join