It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ban the Gun, Repeal the Second Amendment.

page: 32
<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Alfie1

Yes it would turn schools into fortresses. But we do need to protect children. It does actually work. The do it in inner city schools. And as far as his mom having the guns for him to get, I don't think her intent was for him to get them and kill her and her students. However, we will never know cause she's dead too. This whole thing makes me sick, to think about kids getting shot. But banning guns will not stop that, That's all I'm saying.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ausername

All warfare is based on deception. Hence, when able to attack, we must seem unable; when using our forces, we must seem inactive; when we are near, we must make the enemy believe we are far away; when far away, we must make him believe we are near. Hold out baits to entice the enemy. Feign disorder, and crush him.
- Sun Tzu, the Art of War

so false flag attacks have been around for a while. this shooting was taken directly out of the art of war

In all fighting, the direct method may be used for joining battle, but indirect methods will be needed in order to secure victory. In battle, there are not more than two methods of attack - the direct and the indirect; yet these two in combination give rise to an endless series of maneuvers. The direct and the indirect lead on to each other in turn. It is like moving in a circle - you never come to an end. Who can exhaust the possibilities of their combination?
edit on 15-12-2012 by rockoperawriter because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Fireman205253

Yeah, but they are not her students at all, she has no connection to the school in the current story. Not a teacher, not an aide, not a janitor or nothing. And now supposedly the altercation was made up too, so the shooter has zero connection to the school, and zero reason to have been going there to kill people.

Mom has been following this from the beginning too, and when comparing notes, even she said the story makes less sense as time goes on. She is not one of us wearing a tinfoil hat, just a normal lady lol.
edit on Sat, 15 Dec 2012 16:52:40 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

thank you little mogwai

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

I hadn't heard that. Last I heard was she was a teacher and that was her classroom. Wow it's weird how the story keeps changing.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Crazy is still crazy no matter the story I guess. No matter how it happened, it still takes a nutjob to do it.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   

possible mk ultra?

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ausername

Originally posted by DirtyLiberalHippie
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."

- Ben Franklin

"The most foolish mistake we could possibly make would be to permit the conquered Eastern peoples to have arms. History teaches that all conquerors who have allowed their subject races to carry arms have prepared their own downfall by doing so."

- Adolf Hitler

Have you got a source for your Hitler quote ?

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I am not a fan of guns, but I really do not see how banning will do anything here in the US. The government has tried banning things in the past...it never works. I do not think that guns are the problem. They are just a very effective tool. If I am remembering correctly, the deadliest attack on an American school was the result of the use of a bomb...not a gun. There are some really messed up people in this world and if they decide they want to hurt someone, they will find a way to do so. I also do not think it is fair to compare a country as large as ours to those much smaller and conclude anything. I do think there is something very wrong with our society...and not just here.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Saya13

Well said, I agree with your views.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I would like to know why,11 yrs after 9/11.After all these shootings at schools.That they remain such soft targets.Instead of talk of banning guns.Where is the outrage that schools can be gotten into so easy.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
For posterity:

The gunman drove to the school in his mother's car, the second official said. Three guns were found — a Glock and a Sig Sauer, both pistols, inside the school, and a .223-caliber rifle in the back of a car.

I saw video footage of it being taken out too. It was in the vehicle for sure.

Source

Now here

He said that it appeared that all of the children had been killed by a long rifle that the gunman was carrying, one of several weapons police recovered from the school.

Also

Outfitted in combat gear, Mr. Lanza apparently defeated the intercom system. This contradicted earlier reports that he had been recognized and allowed to enter.

“He was not voluntarily let into the school at all,” Lieutenant Vance said. “He forced his way in.”

Here is one of the articles saying the mother was not a teacher there

The mystery deepened as Newtown education officials said they had found no link between Lanza's mother and the school, contrary to news reports that said she was a teacher there. Investigators said they believe Adam Lanza attended Sandy Hook Elementary many years ago, but they had no explanation for why he went there on Friday.

That's all I got for now.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Wow makes things more confusing. If she wasn't a teacher, then why would they report that. I heard she was yesterday on the police scanner. But then again, I also heard he killed his dad....which wasn't true. And I didn't realize the .223 was in the car
edit on 15-12-2012 by Fireman205253 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Yeah, without the mom is a teacher connection, there is really no connection between him and the school at all. Maybe he went there as a kid, but that was 10 years ago...... Was one of the killed teachers his teacher? Was the principal there at the time? What could someone have done in elementary school, to make someone hold a grudge for ~ten to fifteen years, then come back shooting? It makes less sense as time goes on.
edit on Sat, 15 Dec 2012 17:25:49 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I didn't mean to come off offensive towards Europeans. I just wish some would be more reserved in the argument. Some come across like America is a literal wild west and we're all a bunch of crazed yokels.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

According to the latest news they are probing an earlier altercation at the school involving the shooter as a motive...

news.yahoo.com...

Maybe someone pissed him off recently?

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ausername

Lieutenant Paul Vance said there is no record of an altercation, I am not sure about CT, but in NY, it was required by my school to report any such altercations to police, just in case.

Source

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

same here in ohio

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by DAZ21

if you are sincere, more kids suffer through the effects of alcohol abuse by adults (whether murdered, raped, in care etc) - so why not start a prohibition march if you care for suffering kids?

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
And don't forget throughout history more people have been killed because of religion.

<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join