It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOPers Get Obama's Back on Targeted Killing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   

H. RES. 819
Directing the Attorney General of the United States to transmit to the
House of Representatives, not later than 14 days after the date of
the adoption of this resolution, any documents and legal memoranda
in the Attorney General’s possession relating to the practice of targeted
killing of United States citizens and targets abroad

Source

The above is the original House Resolution request to Eric Holder....

On Thursday, the Republican-dominated House Judiciary Committee voted to kill a resolution compelling the Obama administration to tell Congress why it believes its targeted killing program is legal. In a twist, Republicans like Chairman Rep. Lamar Smith (R-Tex.) argued that the resolution was an unnecessary and drastic step, while Democrats accused the administration of stonewalling. (When the House Judiciary Committee's Senate counterpart discussed a similar resolution months ago, the party roles were actually reversed.

Source

What??? So........I guess the Executive Branch can kill whomever they want?

I am shocked that the Republican party is agreeing with this!

Good job to the Democrats who are fighting to have this looked into.....*looking around nervously for lightning to strike me dead*

Rep. Jerrold Nadler (D-NY) disagreed. "The process has been painfully slow, and the response that we have received to date has been inadequate," Nadler said. "The power to wage war, and to order the killing of any person, much less an American citizen, is perhaps the most awesome power the president has."

Rep. John Conyers (D-Mich) echoed Nadler. "Unmanned arial vehicles raises a very serious concern for me, because as a follower of Martin Luther King Jr, I belive that justice and peace requires that we try to live up to those goals to the maximum extent possible," Conyers said. "I'm concerned that some of these indivduals have been killed far from an active battlefield, and I’m concered that the legal rationale for the program remains for the most part secret."

There ya go folks! Now we can see who is actually looking out for our freedoms and who is looking to take it away......At least in this case...*sigh*

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

lol you're shocked?

you are talking about psychopaths
who get off on killing people, especially women and children
and now technology allows them to fap away while watching snuff films via drones

of course repubs want the same god-like powers to go with their god-like delusions
that dems have.

to protect themselves**COUGH** protect our "freedoms" from the millions of widows[male and female], orphans, and survivors of their psychopathy,

that want to put their heads on a stick,
and rightly so, IMCO

join