It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China School Knife Attack - Over 20 injured, including children

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by godlover25
reply to post by Vilhelm

Worldwide demonic attacks are ramping up as we approach the End of Days....

Come quickly, Ancient of Days

What are you talking about only the Father knows the time. There has been an extraordinary amount of demonic activity in recent years from what the Church says. I am not just referring to shootings either.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

Prevaricate all you like. You've done nothing but insult responsible gun owners, and other members almost directly.

I don't live in fear. I recognize that the safety of my family is my responsibility and no one elses, and that law enforcement isn't capable of doing it for me.

This entire thread has gotten severely offtopic because you refuse to respond to fellow members civilly, and have turned it into yet another debate about firearm necessity.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
yup. Ban knives. too dangerous.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by NarrowGate

Only the Father knows the exact time and date,

But the Body of Christ can tell the season when there are signs,

and the Signs are everywhere, being fulfilled daily,

There's not many prophecies left unfulfilled....

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by godlover25

I will U2U you. This is off topic.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by MessOnTheFED!

Hell? We're living it buddy.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by clairvoyantrose

Hell is a mind frame. That's what a demon told an exorcist once anyways...

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Im not scared and dont need anyone else for my personal safety. guns are not common where I live and Ive never had to call the police for anything.

You are basing that on an assumption where as I am basing it on what has been directly said by most of your fellow gun advocates, you fear people coming into your homes and harming your families, or at least thats what you claim as your reason for needing a gun.

So Ill try and get a straight answer again.
Why is this fear unique to the USA?

No one I know from any other part of the world knows PEOPLE "not Person but PEOPLE" who have been shot as you claim.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by optimus primal

Prevaricate all you like. You've done nothing but insult responsible gun owners, and other members almost directly.

I don't live in fear. I recognize that the safety of my family is my responsibility and no one elses, and that law enforcement isn't capable of doing it for me.

This entire thread has gotten severely offtopic because you refuse to respond to fellow members civilly, and have turned it into yet another debate about firearm necessity.

All Ive done is respond to members like you so I didnt take it off topic as you claim.
Guns were brought up on ythe first page of this thread and I responded.

Its funny you claim to have been insulted, all Ive done was say wanting guns everywhere is a self defeating policy.
Where people have been civil so have I, Ive even ignored a few personal insults in the interest of trying to get a straight answer.

So once again Ill try

Why is this love/want/need of firearms unique to the USA?
Why do Americans fear that something will happen to their families so much so that they feel the need to carry and own guns?

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
In light of what happened here yesterday in Connecticut, 'injured' sounds like a godsend (not to say that isn't horrible in itself, mind ya)
If only 26 people could've been injured instead of killed that would've made 26 families feel extremely fortunate.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff

Im not scared and dont need anyone else for my personal safety. guns are not common where I live and Ive never had to call the police for anything.

You are basing that on an assumption where as I am basing it on what has been directly said by most of your fellow gun advocates, you fear people coming into your homes and harming your families, or at least thats what you claim as your reason for needing a gun.

So Ill try and get a straight answer again.
Why is this fear unique to the USA?

No one I know from any other part of the world knows PEOPLE "not Person but PEOPLE" who have been shot as you claim.

Do not mistake preparation with fear. Just because it never happened to you doesn't mean.... look I won't say anymore than it is common. Not everyone lives where you do, and even if they did it is still smart to be prepared.

What fear again? Why are we smart enough to have a 2nd ammendment? Because people get shot every day.

I know people who have been shot very plural on that one and I also know many people who know many people who have been shot. Just because you have been sheltered from the rain does not mean it is not wet out there.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

OK so again you deflect the question, or is it you just dont know?

As for the 2nd amendment, it was a product of its times. If Im not mistaken it was more to do with militias than the average citizen having guns at home.
The redcoats are no longer coming dude

No not everyone lives where I do but alot of people on this forum live where you do and not one has addressed why they believe this problem is pretty much unique to the USA.

Yes shootings happen everywhere but not with anywhere near the frequency of your country.

Seriously why do you believe that is?
Its not a leading or loaded question Im genuinely curious

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by optimus primal

All Ive done is respond to members like you so I didnt take it off topic as you claim.
Guns were brought up on ythe first page of this thread and I responded.

Its funny you claim to have been insulted, all Ive done was say wanting guns everywhere is a self defeating policy.
Where people have been civil so have I, Ive even ignored a few personal insults in the interest of trying to get a straight answer.

So once again Ill try

Why is this love/want/need of firearms unique to the USA?
Why do Americans fear that something will happen to their families so much so that they feel the need to carry and own guns?

I don't like guns, never owned a gun and never will but perhaps here in America, people are that much more afraid of their government unlike anywhere else?
We simply don't trust them. We see the strong arm approach they use around the world and on their own people too so that leaves many a bit on edge.

And that paranoia then spills over to not trusting our neighbors should Marital Law ever come about too.
We're a fearful country and much to our chagrin, not a free one either we're finding out.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien

I don't like guns, never owned a gun and never will but perhaps here in America, people are that much more afraid of their government unlike anywhere else?
We simply don't trust them. We see the strong arm approach they use around the world and on their own people too so that leaves many a bit on edge.

And that paranoia then spills over to not trusting our neighbors should Marital Law ever come about too.
We're a fearful country and much to our chagrin, not a free one either we're finding out.

I thank you for addressing my question

I must have had exchanges with about 40 people in the last 24 hrs and you are the first one to even attempt an answer.

So you dont own a gun, have you ever been in a situation where you wished you had one?

I find the scared of the government idea laughable, whats an AK let alone handgun gonna do against a drone or tank?

Im definately not having a go at you here and I really appreciate you addressing my question in a straight and civil manner

Star for you

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

What problem are you talking about? I just explained to you why there is no problem there. The problem is our rights are being taken away.
The US and the east have very different circumstances.

Mexico doesn't have the problem you refer too. They banned all guns, it is working out great wouldn't you say?

I love how you ignored my post.
If you had your way and guns were banned 3 years ago, I would be dead today.

Stop being the fearful one. I do not want the killers to be the only ones with guns. I want the citizens to protect their lives. Check the justifiable homicide statistics in Detroit for instance, they are 2,200% above the national average. Would you want all of those people to be dead or shot?

Sorry, you are not using logic. You must see that.
edit on 15-12-2012 by NarrowGate because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   

What problem are you talking about? I just explained to you why there is no problem there. The problem is our rights are being taken away. The US and the east have very different circumstances.

The problem is every few months citizens are taking firearms and turning them on fellow citizens

Mexico doesn't have the problem you refer too. They banned all guns, it is working out great wouldn't you say?

In Mexico its drug cartels doing the killing not mentally deranged citizens so its not even close to being the same

I love how you ignored my post.

Can you point out any valid part of your post I ignored?
Kinda hypocritical of you to say I ignored you when Ive asked you a question 3 times and you ignored it

If you had your way and guns were banned 3 years ago, I would be dead today.

Im glad your alive, was your life threatened with a gun?

Stop being the fearful one. I do not want the killers to be the only ones with guns. I want the citizens to protect their lives. Check the justifiable homocide statistics in Detroit for instance, they are 2,200% above the national average. Would you want all of those people to be dead or shot?

If were talking about wants I would want no one citizens and criminals alike to have have access to weapons.
Once again do you not see that all the illegal guns in your country started out as legal ones and somehow made their way onto the black market then into the hands of criminals?

Sorry, you are not using logic. You must see that.

Funny because I think the same thing about your argument

Once again

Why do you think its unique to America that citizens, not drug cartels, not the army, not politically or ideologically motivated terrorists but citizens are going round shooting people in public places several times a year?

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   

The problem is every few months citizens are taking firearms and turning them on fellow citizens

Yes, and those firearms are normally stolen. Often from police and military. And you are talking about every day, actually just about every hour of every day somewhere in America.

In Mexico its drug cartels doing the killing not mentally deranged citizens so its not even close to being the same

WTF are you on man? The Cartels are in every town in America. They kill too. We also have our own equivalents of cartels, like BMF the italians the russians the jews.... the cia
. All of them kill. Plus each individual neighborhood generally has it's own set, and they shoot in public periodically throughout the year. Often with automatic weapons which ARE banned.

Can you point out any valid part of your post I ignored? Kinda hypocritical of you to say I ignored you when Ive asked you a question 3 times and you ignored it

It was all valid and pertinent. You just didn't like it.

Im glad your alive, was your life threatened with a gun?

I'm not in prison am I?

If were talking about wants I would want no one citizens and criminals alike to have have access to weapons. Once again do you not see that all the illegal guns in your country started out as legal ones and somehow made their way onto the black market then into the hands of criminals?

That will never happen. And no, our criminals import everything from cars to guns to people to whatever they feel like. If we ban it, they will get it from another country. Or steal from government take your pick. Our criminals are a bit more advanced at what they do than most countries. There are a number of organizations to blame for that, none pertaining to the 2nd amendment.

Funny because I think the same thing about your argument Once again Why do you think its unique to America that citizens, not drug cartels, not the army, not politically or ideologically motivated terrorists but citizens are going round shooting people in public places several times a year?

All of those people go around shooting people every year in America, several times a year, on top of the average criminals....

I normally don't play this stupid quote game but why not I'll bite this one time. It is remarkably BS and politician-like though, you could always just respond to the post.

edit on 15-12-2012 by NarrowGate because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien

I thank you for addressing my question

I must have had exchanges with about 40 people in the last 24 hrs and you are the first one to even attempt an answer.

So you dont own a gun, have you ever been in a situation where you wished you had one?

I find the scared of the government idea laughable, whats an AK let alone handgun gonna do against a drone or tank?

Im definately not having a go at you here and I really appreciate you addressing my question in a straight and civil manner

Star for you

I never wished I had a gun. I do have a can of pepper spray just in case but I don't ever want to kill someone. I hope I always feel that way.

I think it's the mentality of owning a gun. It's a tough thing. A macho thing. A hunter/gatherer mindset.
And it's to try to even the score against the Man.

I've found people who don't own guns yet want to, pound their chests like the great ape. "Oh I'll kill them if they ever try taking my cucumber plants" etc
It's a small minded mentality behind a killing machine and honestly, that's who I'm afraid of most.

And maybe, just maybe, if they would just end these damn wars, killing won't come off as a heroic action anymore.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

Hey have you ever considered that a big push for space exploration would have gotten us just as much technology as war did?

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Yes, and those firearms are normally stolen. Often from police and military. And you are talking about every day, actually just about every hour of every day somewhere in America.

Sorry but thats wrong, check out this article. Most of them are bought by either friends or family legally then handed over
Where "Illegal" guns come from

WTF are you on man? The Cartels are in every town in America. They kill too. We also have our own equivalents of cartels, like BMF the italians the russians the jews.... the cia . All of them kill. Plus each individual neighborhood generally has it's own set, and they shoot in public periodically throughout the year. Often with automatic weapons which ARE banned.

Every country has its criminal organisations, but once again why do Americans shoot each other so often?

It was all valid and pertinent. You just didn't like it.

Please highlight anything you feel I didnt adequately address

I'm not in prison am I?

I dont understand how that answers the question. Did some one threaten your life with a gun?

That will never happen. And no, our criminals import everything from cars to guns to people to whatever they feel like. If we ban it, they will get it from another country. Or steal from government take your pick. Our criminals are a bit more advanced at what they do than most countries. There are a number of organizations to blame for that, none pertaining to the 2nd amendment.

No one will disagree that criminals will get weapons but what about highschool students? they do not have the same contacts or resources to get guns Illegally. would it not be logical to assume if guns were banned it would keep them out of the hands of your average teenager?

I normally don't play this stupid quote game but why not I'll bite this one time. It is remarkably BS and politician-like though, you could always just respond to the post.

I do normally play this stupid quote game as you put it because I like to address all points people put forward to me.

Ive asked 2 questions above and you still havent answered the one Im about to ask you for a 4th time
Why in America are there so many shooting rampages compared to the rest of the western world?
and from this post Id like you to answer
would it not be logical to assume if guns were banned it would keep them out of the hands of your average teenager?

please check out the article linked as well

Cheers

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join