It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China School Knife Attack - Over 20 injured, including children

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by SimonPeter

Don't start talking about Truth you are bound to set people off

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
The most odd thing to me is, that on the tv in my country (holland) the media only show the USA shooting, but nothing on this Chinese accident... Wonder why this is apparently sell severe or interesting?

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Goedhardt
The most odd thing to me is, that on the tv in my country (holland) the media only show the USA shooting, but nothing on this Chinese accident... Wonder why this is apparently sell severe or interesting?

There should've been a mention but maybe for time restriction in Holland, they can show one event and felt death trumps injury?

I don't know.

I wonder if the holiday is setting these people off or contributing?

I read Adam attended that school so maybe something triggered bad childhood memories?

Another thing I read as well which was interesting (I will look for it so I can link it) is: these killers are loners and all have had extremely high IQs. Even the Columbine and Auroa killer.
Sometimes, genius can border on insanity....so it's my guess these attackers were drugged. Legally I mean. With antidepressant. Which have been warned they can cause very erratic behavior!
I wouldn't be surprised.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff

Originally posted by Konduit

Originally posted by ManjushriPrajna
Also:

19:58 - 22:38 pretty much sums up the whole argument.

Yeah Penn and Teller are a great source

You see the one about 9-11? It was definately Al Qeada, how do I know? Coz they said all the conspiracy theories were BS.

Top job once again

Yes it's on Penn and Teller, but you obviously didn't bother watching it because it was interviews with latino gang members, gun advocates, and victims who all came to the same logical conclusion : Gun laws only take guns out of the hands of law abiding citizens. It does NOTHING to stop criminals, nothing at all. In fact it empowers them to commit heinous crimes.
edit on 15-12-2012 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by Vilhelm

If you do an ATS search there were a rash of these events only about a year or so ago. 3 or so if I recall correctly over like a 2 year period. The General member consensus at the time was pretty much mainly male frustration over not enough females due to China's one child rule and the culture favoring males.

The males were thought to be taking their resentments out against those who do have partners and children. The children became their focal point.

I don't know how realistic that theory is but it kind of makes sense in that respect.
edit on 14-12-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

So the formal psychological motive is that he didn't have a girlfriend and kids for Christmas. I can believe that; the pressure to not be alone this time of year leads people to drinking and worse. You read that, single men of the forum? Being happy doesn't come naturally; we invented the holidays to keep away the gloom that goes with doom. Use the cheer for your benefit. As if being happy in the winter is natural, ha!

The way the meme of people killing crowds of people though, it sticks in the mind of the world, and not everybody can carry that kind of current events. Are people running out of ways to reinvent themselves?

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Konduit

You are right I didnt watch it, thats pretty rude and I hate when people do that to me,

Ill check it out and give you my opinion

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by ManjushriPrajna
Also:

19:58 - 22:38 pretty much sums up the whole argument.

Yeah Penn and Teller are a great source

You see the one about 9-11? It was definately Al Qeada, how do I know? Coz they said all the conspiracy theories were BS.

Top job once again

Yes it's on Penn and Teller, but you obviously didn't bother watching it because it was interviews with latino gang members, gun advocates, and victims who all came to the same logical conclusion : Gun laws only take guns out of the hands of law abiding citizens. It does NOTHING to stop criminals, nothing at all. In fact it empowers them to commit heinous crimes.
edit on 15-12-2012 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

Tell that to Australia and the UK who have greatly reduced gun crime and gun massacres with gun laws.

TV magicians are great and all, but actual evidence is even better.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by optimus primal
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

Prevaricate all you like. You've done nothing but insult responsible gun owners, and other members almost directly.

I don't live in fear. I recognize that the safety of my family is my responsibility and no one elses, and that law enforcement isn't capable of doing it for me.

This entire thread has gotten severely offtopic because you refuse to respond to fellow members civilly, and have turned it into yet another debate about firearm necessity.

All Ive done is respond to members like you so I didnt take it off topic as you claim.
Guns were brought up on ythe first page of this thread and I responded.

Its funny you claim to have been insulted, all Ive done was say wanting guns everywhere is a self defeating policy.
Where people have been civil so have I, Ive even ignored a few personal insults in the interest of trying to get a straight answer.

So once again Ill try

Why is this love/want/need of firearms unique to the USA?
Why do Americans fear that something will happen to their families so much so that they feel the need to carry and own guns?

We have different cultures. It isn't fear, it's recognizing the truth. Violent crime happens. Police response times prove that they are not in the business of protecting people, they are in the business of enforcing laws on crimes already committed.

As for your actions in the thread towards other members, I could go through and quote every single time you've insulted someone or everyone partaking in this thread, however that would be considered a personal attack and is actually pretty tactless. Your ability to debate is severely limited by your inability to remain civil. You should know better.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by optimus primal

Kind of hypocritical of you to talk about someones debating abilities when you can even acknowledge a question thats been put to you several times already

Why is it that these shootings happen with such frequency in the USA?
Why dont countries like Australia, Canada or the UK have similar problems?

Despite what you think the cultures of the 4 countries Ive mentioned above are remarkably similar

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   

To enact a gun ban in the US would likely lead to civil war and violence unseen before here. The act would go beyond the 2nd Amendment, for me, and cross into the area of loss of personal liberty. It would be an enaction of mob rule, and would signal the death of our constitutional republic.

When you look at the US, the areas with the tightest gun controls tend to also have the highest amount of crime. In my town, we double the national average of rape, but theft and murder are almost nonexistant. Why? I would presume that it is because women don't typically arm themselves, not even here in Texas.

I am of the opinion that the only defense against a bad man with a gun is a good man with a gun. Disarming the populace won't happen. And even if it does, I can make a gun from a potato, some PVC pipe, and some hairspray.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Your question has been answered you funny person.

1. We love guns because they have saved some of our lives.
2. We need them to protect our families from people who steal guns and go killing people. Also, from home invasion which is a real problem over here.

What does Europe have to do with it. You ban guns in America, you give the cartels the upperhand IN America as well as Mexico. Why do you think they always calm down when they get here? We all have guns here, not just the criminals.

Worry about your own countries business, and on your side of the world.

You want someone to say "We love guns because we are primitive savages" and "We are just scared". There you have it goodbye.

We gave you your answers many times, they were just not the answers you wanted. Stop mocking our country.

I could say a whole lot about Europeans, but we have our own problems over here.

You are the macho tough one. The intelligent important one. You happy now?

Here how about this one - you wouldn't want to go to war with us mind your business

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by NarrowGate

Im interested in everyones opinion, this isnt a cut and dry question and people may have different insights.

You say they have saved some of your lives, do you think they have saved more than theyve taken?
You do know that the vast majority of the illegal guns in circulation over there came form and started with legitimate sources dont you?

Regardless of where I am in the world in this forum Im entitled to an opinion on anything and Ill ask anyone I want any question I want.

You dont like what Im saying dont respond or acknowledge me, the question wasnt even directed at you.

Ive had 1 direct answer to that direct question, did I ask you? mind either reposting what your response was or linking it for me?

Im Australian not European and to be honest I couldnt care less what you think of my masculinity, toughness or intelligence...... But its still nice to hear when these qualities are acknowledged so thank you

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Thank you for proving my point. I should have know not to discuss things with someone who things they know stuff. None of us know anything.

I am sure you will find some who have been sheltered from the rain and agree with you that it is not wet out there

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

So why do people only get up in arms when it comes to guns? I read on here all the time about liberties being stripped away and people grumble but with nowhere near the passion or virolence that they do when guns are involved

Fair enough with the murder and theft thing being lower, Ill look into that but when it comes to rape most rapists are known to the victim, rape by masked strangers is a very small percentage so Im not sure that bringing guns into the equation would solve anything there.

Im kinda worn out with this, I appreciate yourself and a few other people who have been civil (apologies if I havent always been) but most of your fellow gun advocates just come across as feral.
Despite background and psych tests I wouldnt want to be near most of the people on here even without a gun let alone with one.

Whatever way you look at it its just sad

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by NarrowGate

Thank you for proving my point. I should have know not to discuss things with someone who things they know stuff. None of us know anything.

I am sure you will find some who have been sheltered from the rain and agree with you that it is not wet out there

LMFAO

once again you avoided the question and instead got personal.

Thank you for proving my point

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
PEOPLE kill PEOPLE. Not guns, nor knives, nor anything else. PEOPLE.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   

What question? I answered all of your questions.

What is your question?

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   

If your genuinely interested and not trolling you can check pretty much any of my posts in this thread and youll find it there
edit on 16/12/2012 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Oh well if you are genuinely interested in an answer and not an intolerant clown see my responses to said posts.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Sorry I cant find it

Humour me and answer again

Why do these types of shootings happen so frequently in the US compared to countries like Australia, Canada or the UK which are for all intents and purposes culturally identical?
edit on 16/12/2012 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join