Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

US judge prompts outrage after saying: 'If she didn't want sex, her body should have just shut down'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

I normally don't like that standpoint because that sort of discounts the idea of male rape. Men can be raped as well, not just women. A man can also be submitted to unwanted sexual activity. If they are being raped, a man's penis will still become erect and work the same way as if it were consensual because of the stimulation. That's the general reason why I disagree with your standpoint.

EDIT: My own foot in my own mouth. I jumped over the moon before I read what as in parantheses.
edit on 14-12-2012 by Myomistress because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Myomistress

I understand your reservation, but I think it's important to remember the processes are different in the sexes and I think it peppers the way we think about these things at times. I am aware that a man can be aroused and not want to be, just like a woman can orgasm when raped. I wasn't trying to say men can't be raped.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
He says if someone doesnt want to be raped, the body shuts down and prevents it unless there is a lot of damage, which apparently wasnt the case in his opinion. He also called this a technical case, as opposed to a real rape case, and an insult to real rape cases.

In this case, the deranged boyfriend, bludgeoned her with a metal stick and threatened to mutilate her with a heated screwdriver and then raped her.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I don't understand why he is still keeping his job. That was beyond outrageous and he should be charged with abuse of his position and further victimizing her.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

If he's elected it's likely there are a far number of idiots who share his opinion, or as I suspect there really isn't anyone to run against him.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
We should find the judge's e mail, and all give him some of our first amendment rights. Not threaten him, or talk trash, just give him our humble opinions. Flood his e mail with outrage over this. This world is going down the toilet fast these days it seems. Its hard to put faith into a system that you have no faith in to begin with.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
wow this judge is mind shatteringly ignorant..sounds like a gop candidate..maybee they will nominate him after he gets his sorry ass voted out ..if that possible

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by gunshooter

If not him personally, it might not hurt to contact the California judicial system and state your views. The statements this Judge regarding rape and other forms of sexual assault are not only harmful to the victim's who's cases he's been responsible for handling, they are harmful to the public he serves. His judgement in this case (and potentially many more) based his outlandish, uneducated and ignorant beliefs regarding human biology have given the perpetrator in this case an absurdly short sentence considering the details of the crime and has potentially provided the same in previous cases he has been responsible for, thus allowing potentially dangerous sex offenders back on the street with in effect a slap on the hand.

On the other side of the coin it belittles the trauma that the victim is subjected to, and seemingly sets a precedent indicating that in cases of rape a woman must prove that her vagina has been shredded, bruises and injuries elsewhere aren't sufficient proof.

Commission on Judicial Performance

The Judicial Branch of California

Both sites have "contact us" links, phone numbers and snail mail addresses.

This might even be an issue to pose as a petition on the White House petition page

We the People
edit on 12/14/12 by Pixiefyre because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by citizenoftheworld

He sounds more than insensitive, it sounds more like he is partially retarded to be making statements like that. I thought people actually had to have a modicum of intelligence to become judges. Guess I was wrong...

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Truly a poor choice of words from the judge, but i will not cast judgment on this case. The judge obviously knows more than we do. And there ARE some women out there who do consent but cry rape afterwards, whether it be for financial gain, think she wasn't cheating on hubby, etc.

But no one knows but the woman.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   
beyond disgusting, disturbing and deluded ... this particular commentary leads me to think this 'judge' would only know from experience.

about the only time such a thing can happen is when an adult man is attempting to penetrate an under-developed female ... think on that one and then investigate his arse.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   

a man who threatened to mutilate the face and genitals of his ex-girlfriend with a heated screwdriver. The man also beat her with a metal baton and made violent threats before committing rape and forcing oral copulation.

Two points about this.
A heated screw-driver shows this wasn't a sudden and random attack. This was pre-meditated. You don't heat up a screw driver for the fun of it, unless you were planning on using it for something.

"a rape victim didn't put up a fight during her assault"

Now excuse me, but if a 250lb guy was beating me, and held a weapon and was threatening to mutilate me and my genitals, I'm honestly not going to fight him back.
I've heard in many instances that the best thing to do in the event of being raped, would be keep as still and as quiet as possible, to prevent angering the rapist which could cause him to hurt you. Also, that kicking and screaming is sometimes more of a turn on than just accepting what is happening.

So in this judge's eyes, you're damned if you do, and damned if you don't.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by WP4YT
Truly a poor choice of words from the judge, but i will not cast judgment on this case. The judge obviously knows more than we do. And there ARE some women out there who do consent but cry rape afterwards, whether it be for financial gain, think she wasn't cheating on hubby, etc.

But no one knows but the woman.

"A US judge has prompted outrage after saying that a rape victim didn't put up a fight during her assault and that if someone doesn't want sex, the body 'will not permit that to happen."

maybe you should read that once more
she didn't put up a fight during her assault *sigh*, its called shock, some women are so scared so traumatized during the attack that they physically cant fight back, some may scratch and pull hair but some just cant, its like a man that has never been in a fight, once it happens they are so scared and inexperienced in the situation that they just cover up and wait for it to be over.
"If someone doesn't want sex the body will not permit that to happen"
he is insinuating that the human body has a safe guard against unwanted sex.......
so ridiculous
can you name that safe guard, is there empirical evidence, has that been proven some where?
NO
you say you wont cast judgement on this case, the judge obviously knows more then we do
i think NOT
a quick search and you can learn all you want about the damn case
like this
"According to police reports Judge Johnson said: 'I’m not a gynecologist, but I can tell you something, if someone doesn’t want to have sexual intercourse, the body shuts down. The body will not permit that to happen unless a lot of damage is inflicted, and we heard nothing about that in this case."
“'That tells me that the victim in this case, although she wasn’t necessarily willing, she didn’t put up a fight.”
Seriously, WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS IDIOT?

you argument will be that we don't know enough about the case, how's this for reference, "Judge Johnson was making the comments in the case of a man who threatened to mutilate the face and genitals of his ex-girlfriend with a heated screwdriver. The man also beat her with a metal baton and made violent threats before committing rape and forcing oral copulation."

usually when a woman is beaten with a metal baton let alone threatened with something far more lethal and damaging they become submissive. So maybe now you understand why she didn't put up a fight, SHE DIDN'T WANT TO DIE.
sure some women do lie about rape which sucks because its a serious matter for both parties involved not only that it leads to these kind of situations, ignorant judges that have no clue about science or biology for that matter making ignorant statements. Not only that women are not taken seriously when they accuse someone, they are treated as a liar until proven victim.

do some research before saying "the judge knows more then we do" because its that type of ignorance that lead him to make such a ridiculous statement.

To women all over the world, On behalf of the good men out there, i would like to say i am truly sorry you got to go through stuff like this, and hear stupid comments by ignorant people that don't know what they are talking about.
I hope none of you lady's ever go through something this horrible
I hope this judge loses his job for judging based on opinion and not empirical evidence, fact, and law.

One idiot making ignorant comments is enough (Todd Akin) now we have another *slaps forehead*

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Religion, gun worship, misogyny... ♬ And these are just a few of the America's fa-vou-rate things!

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by citizenoftheworld

To me this judge sounds very insensitive and I feel kind of disgusted by his remarks and an insult to the victims rape.

You are an insult, not the judge. The judge, is correct ...

You want to judge everyone, accused of rape ... based on your sole feelings of "sympathy" for the victim. In your mind, the "accused" must prove his innocense.

You're wrong, and it's about time, that the justice system be changed back from the influence of the likes.

The accusing party, must prove the guilt beyond a reasonable doubt. And if the "victim" shows any signs that are contrary to "not wanting the act", then that constitutes as "doubt".

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Im actually confused as to how such an person can hold such a trusted position in society when he cant even fathom the difference between rape and consenting sex.

I can only laugh at such a remark because it really is a slap in the face to common sense. Really? Did he really just say that!?

As for the victim, i can only apologise to you on behalf of this judge because this isnt justice, its adding insult to injury.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Perhaps this idiot got the whole "Bearded clam" thing confused.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   
I wonder how many girls in his past have secretly wanted it because their bodies didn't 'shut down'. Wow, what a horrible person to have doling out justice. I hope he's ostracized.

Great find with this story. Enlightening.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   
I find it deeply deeply disturbing that a man so obviously un-educated about even the simplest of understandings about how the human works managed to get into such a position of authority. In my mind there is no grey area here, he has proven that he is not of a fit state to hold his position and as such should be dis-barred (does that apply to judges or only lawyers?) and never allowed to step into a courtroom ever again. It might be a bit of an over-reaction but I'd also be inclined to put him through a very thorough psych evaluation as well considering how warped his image of women is.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Well this Judge obviously doesn't want sex either; it sounds like his brain has just shut down.

What the hell is it with these people?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join