It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US judge prompts outrage after saying: 'If she didn't want sex, her body should have just shut down'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   

US judge prompts outrage after saying: 'If she didn't want sex, her body should have just shut down' in rape case, and reducing sentence of attacker by ten years

www.independent.co.uk

A US judge has prompted outrage after saying that a rape victim didn't put up a fight during her assault and that if someone doesn't want sex, the body 'will not permit that to happen.'

Judge Derek Johnson's comments, which echo those of outgoing U.S. representative Todd Akin, who used the phrase 'legitimate rape' and said women who are the victims of rape rarely get pregnant, have drawn widespread condemnation.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.businessinsider.com
[url=http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2012/12/judge-who-said-rape-victim-didnt-put-up-a-fight-later-apologized.html]latimesblogs.latimes.com[/u rl]

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
To me this judge sounds very insensitive and I feel kind of disgusted by his remarks and an insult to the victims rape.

he should know the difference between 'wanted' sex and 'forcible' sex. The one is done with consent while the other is done with force or threat of violence.

I think this case should be revised and this guy should get a higher sentence as this judge clearly wasn't in his right state of mind

www.independent.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

+25 more 
posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Wow! ..that judge should be disbarred. ..or maybe he should be raped and see if his body shuts down.....I bet he'd have a different opinion then!

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
If we don't want these kind of injustices, the Judicial System should just 'shut down.'

Second line.

+7 more 
posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by citizenoftheworld

Just more evidence that being an idiot isn't limited to people who are poor or uneducated. I'm sure that there are a plethora of homeless, jobless, high school drop-outs with more common sense in their little fingers than this priveledged, supposedly educated judge has in his entire body!

+16 more 
posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
How exactly would someone's body shut down to not allow rape? I know my lady area doesn't have teeth, nor will it sew itself shut to prevent forced entry....

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
This isn't just idiotic behavior-It's classic sexism. He's probably thinking "She must have secretly wanted it". He can kiss his career goodbye.

link   
reply to post by Lulzaroonie

Maybe the idiot judge believes if we were all wearing our chastity belts like good little girls we wouldn't have to worry about it!

link   
In this case, Court = Circus, Judge = Clown, it's not difficult to understand why so many people view the U.S. judicial system as a joke

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Maybe that judge should be raped in the a$$ a few times by bubba and his gang.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Exactly! and I am not even a woman, this is just insane what he said! He should be stripped of his titles!

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Seriously!!!

I can't even click on the link to the article because I know I will be sick if I read it all.

Should victims fight and risk further injury? Do they fight in hopes of actually winning against a usually bigger and heavier man? What if they just freeze up in shock? Or they just drift off into a happy place in their head because they literally can't process what is happening to them?

Arrrrghhhhh................

I bet this guy has "made love" to women that he later said were like ice in bed. I feel sorry for his wife!

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Watch the movie "Teeth" sometime and get back to me...

Oh a serious note, I was thinking the same thing. If there is an oriface, something can be forced into it.

Who the hell believes in this crap? Obviously people that engage in rape themselves IMO. Only a rapist would say something like that as an excuse.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
With an ASININE comment like that, I can only come to the conclusion that he must have been drinking TOO MUCH CONSERVATIVE RIGHT-WINGER kool-aid.

Just when I thought that ASININE, SEXIST comments were only limited to Conservative Right-wing whack-job politicians and their ignorant talking heads, I see this now. SIGH!!!!!!

PLEASE tell me that this Conservative/Right-winger asinine sexist sickness isnt contagious. The world does NOT need MORE ignorant whack-job fools like them around.

edit on 14-12-2012 by oper8zhin because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
What does "LEGITIMATE rape" mean anyway?!?!
Justified rape? Within reason rape? What the hell???
Rape is never legitimate. If it were any other act of violence, he would be held accountable. Rape isn't a sexual act, it's an act of violence, force, and fear.
Legitimate my arse!

link   

Originally posted by MystikMushroom

Watch the movie "Teeth" sometime and get back to me...

Oh a serious note, I was thinking the same thing. If there is an oriface, something can be forced into it.

Who the hell believes in this crap? Obviously people that engage in rape themselves IMO. Only a rapist would say something like that as an excuse.

Ya makes me wonder that this "clown" has been up to?

link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

I've seen "Teeth" thanks, thats what I was referring to about the fact that my vagina has none...

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by citizenoftheworld

To me this judge sounds very insensitive and I feel kind of disgusted by his remarks and an insult to the victims rape.

Insensetive? Naw he's just a fool, transported through time from the 12th century.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Truly an insensitive response from a member of our judicial system. While the legal system is to hold no emotional 'baggage' while hearing any case, this judge seems to have placed his own emotions into it by stating 'she should have just shut down'.

I fully concur with the comments already posted, but am outraged at the response of the judge and believe that this judge should have to answer for his statement to the public. Conservative or Liberal matters not here, a crime of rape is a forcible felony upon another human being. It should be handled in the most serious way as the emotional trauma will last for many years to come for the women it happened to.

Furthermore, the legal system should be mandated to compensate the women for any and all therapy required to assist with her healing the wounds from this atrocious crime because of the judge's statement.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by prysmatyk

After reading your last paragraph. I think the Judge should be made to attend a few rape victim group therapy sessions. Let him see the hurt and suffering of these victims.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join