It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Than a Two Dozen Killed, Including Children, at Connecticut Elementary School Shooting

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by HillbillyHippie1

Originally posted by DanaKatherineScully
What is wrong with abortion ?

Nothing that's what !

Yet another Christian belief, well more people have been killed over the centuries due to religion than anything else, it's a pity some of the human species are simply not enlightened enough yet to have actually thought certain things through.

If people are going to bring religious beliefs into this, then surly was this not gods will ?

I would say such horrible incidents are a by-product of a diseased society which is centered on the idolizing of "efficiency", based on a purely materialistic worldview. Of course people go nuts in such a society, it is inhumane and ignores human emotions and the value of life. Furthermore, I would go so far as to say that the notion that religion has killed more people than anything else holds about as much water (if not less) than my saying that materialism and this drive for efficiency has actually been the greatest killer (eg. atomic bombs, tanks, missiles, the mechanism of war, industrial negligence, etc).

And you are right, it was not God's will, it was a result of a materialistic godless world that values "efficiency" above all other things.

This was an excellent post. While IDK if those factors contributed to THIS particular incident, the post is exactly right regardless.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by goou111

Originally posted by NarrowGate
Could someone tell me what agenda he is going to push with this?

I don't really feel like listening to his speech... you must forgive me if I feel like there are better people to have giving speeches about this.
edit on 14-12-2012 by NarrowGate because: (no reason given)

wow... what agenda is he gonna push??

forgive me if i think you have other s-- to think about right now

Duh. That's why I am not watching the speech. I was just looking for someone to give me the only relevant information it will hold.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Absolutely sickening news, I feel sick to the pit of my stomach after taking this all in. As a parent of a young daughter myself I can only imagine what those poor parents of the victims today are feeling right now. Losing a child must be the single most soul destroying thing imaginable but to lose one so close to Christmas just makes this all the more horrific.

Also just heard this guy murdered his father in Jersey then shot his mother who was a teacher at the school. What kind of sick twisted people do we have running about today?

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by VforVendettea
Has anyone noticed that the more they take away from us the more dangerous life becomes?

How many mass school shootings were there 50 years ago?
The only one I can recall was in 1967 teh Texas cloacktower sniper and the autopsy found a brain tumor the siz of a tennis ball in his head so in this case if he had been taken alive (he wasn't) I would have believed an insanity defence.

Start teaching gun safety in the first grade.
If more people carried guns, the safer we would be as a whole.
Forget nude body scanners and strip searches to fly just hand every passanger a loaded pistol as they enter the plane no terrorist would dare.

There are more mass murders because there are more groups of people unable to defend themselves.

With this kind of view why not just give every country in the world nuclear weapons so as there are no wars?

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by MystikMushroom
Does anyone remember the DC Beltway snipers?

To me, those guys seemed more like crazy lunatics than these recent shooters.

These recent shootings all seem to have very specific similarities:

1. Young shooter
2. Dressed in black
3. Bulletproof/tactical vest
4. Described as "nice"
5. Unclear motives

I'm seriously wondering if these were planned operations using the same cookie cutter blueprint?

Whomever is orchestrating these must really think we are incapable of connecting dots and seeing unusual patterns!

I've said it many times, the right dosage of scopolamine in conjunction with hypnosis can make anyone do anything without emotion -- and not remember the event at all. Google "scopolamine" and watch the VICE Guide video. It's terrifying that drug cartels are reportedly using it -- just think what the alphabet soup agencies would do...

Besides Holmes, most of these shooters seem to self-terminate. I think that's probably due to the fact that if they were arrested, they might start to remember bit by bit over time what was done to them. Holme's IMO was already a little unstable and I think the "kill switch" signal didn't work. This is probably why we hear/see very little out of him.

I can not conclude for certain, but I do believe at least some of them are orchestrated by foreign intelligence agencies. If you compare the early facts with the BS they feed the public - it is a complete rehash of the story. Further, we always get the same story.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I think some options on guns should be looked at. There has to be a solid way to stop all this. Someone mentioned the UK, and there has been killings there, but the ban on guns makes no difference when most gun crime is from illegal weapons. pre-ban, practically no one had a gun anyway. America is different, gun carrying is in the ethos, it's up to the Americans to decide how to go forward. In my view, the open ability to have a weapon becomes the first choice use in dealing with an uncertain situation.

link   
This is terrible. Why do so many think this is always about a gun grab?
How many guns has Obama has taken from owners?

link   

Originally posted by nosacrificenofreedom

Originally posted by VforVendettea
Has anyone noticed that the more they take away from us the more dangerous life becomes?

How many mass school shootings were there 50 years ago?
The only one I can recall was in 1967 teh Texas cloacktower sniper and the autopsy found a brain tumor the siz of a tennis ball in his head so in this case if he had been taken alive (he wasn't) I would have believed an insanity defence.

Start teaching gun safety in the first grade.
If more people carried guns, the safer we would be as a whole.
Forget nude body scanners and strip searches to fly just hand every passanger a loaded pistol as they enter the plane no terrorist would dare.

There are more mass murders because there are more groups of people unable to defend themselves.

With this kind of view why not just give every country in the world nuclear weapons so as there are no wars?

You must see the foolishness in this statement.

I have said it many times before - extreme points of view are are some of the most dangerous things to society.

Tell me, what the F do nukes have to do with it? Have you ever been shot at or had someone try to kill you? I have.

Teach gun safety and awareness from a young age.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mickles
Absolutely sickening news, I feel sick to the pit of my stomach after taking this all in. As a parent of a young daughter myself I can only imagine what those poor parents of the victims today are feeling right now. Losing a child must be the single most soul destroying thing imaginable but to lose one so close to Christmas just makes this all the more horrific.

Also just heard this guy murdered his father in Jersey then shot his mother who was a teacher at the school. What kind of sick twisted people do we have running about today?

This "guy" posted to his Facebook that he wasn't even at the school (check my post on page 8). So let's wait until more information comes out before we jump to conclusions.

On a second note, his brother was also found dead.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Our country took an unimaginable kick to the stomach and shock to it's heart and soul today...This has to end!

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by CraigSnedeker

and his mom was killed too, she was a teacher at that school

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
This wasn't just some guy sitting on a bus that gets some odd, evil urge to snap and stab someone. This took planning.

If his brother in NJ is also dead, it means this kid has been going around systematically following a plan, a plan that has very many similarities to other shootings.

My opinions will probably get burried and ridiculed by paid-for-shills from the alphabet agencies, so I'm going to keep repeating myself.

Someone earlier mentioned that 99.99% of people are incapable of doing something like this, and I agree. The hypnosis training could be part of a long term longitudal study starting when we were all kids in public school.

Certain exercises in classes, and subsequent scores may indicate who is more suseptable to hypnosis. Maybe later in a life a new "friend" starts hanging around and gives the shooter hypnotic sugestions. These types of hypnosis sessions are never remembered by the subject. Combine that with scopolamine and you've got yourself an "mass murder robot on command".

The feds have already been caught red-handed encouraging and helping terrorist suspects, the type of people that unless prodded and helped would never act violently. Former informants have come forward with stories of how they encouraged and even would supply fake explosives.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

Yes is does have to end.

I call for a nation-wide MAJORITY vote on a plan of action. We can not have these politicians handling this! how many times do they have to let you down and cost lives before you wake up!

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by HillbillyHippie1

Originally posted by DanaKatherineScully
What is wrong with abortion ?

Nothing that's what !

Yet another Christian belief, well more people have been killed over the centuries due to religion than anything else, it's a pity some of the human species are simply not enlightened enough yet to have actually thought certain things through.

If people are going to bring religious beliefs into this, then surly was this not gods will ?

I would say such horrible incidents are a by-product of a diseased society which is centered on the idolizing of "efficiency", based on a purely materialistic worldview. Of course people go nuts in such a society, it is inhumane and ignores human emotions and the value of life. Furthermore, I would go so far as to say that the notion that religion has killed more people than anything else holds about as much water (if not less) than my saying that materialism and this drive for efficiency has actually been the greatest killer (eg. atomic bombs, tanks, missiles, the mechanism of war, industrial negligence, etc).

And you are right, it was not God's will, it was a result of a materialistic godless world that values "efficiency" above all other things.

I think you have a valid point. I don't think, however, you can simplify it as fully one criteria or another. Religion...including the lack of it....does play a role. A good argument might be that it comes down to acceptable MORALS. Because the concept of "morals" ties so heavily and readily into religion, people often assume that it is the role of religion to establish morals. (It isn't, not as a main focus.) When you have a society where open expression of "morals" is frowned upon, because there is no tolerance for it under the basis that "viewing religious expression" somehow violates the rights of others who don't carry that view, then you get a society that is "confused" about its values. And when that happens, is anyone really surprised to see things like this happen?

Yes, its sad, horrible, and tragic.... But guns are not the cause. You have to treat the sickness, not the symptom.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Why is the president reading from a script? And he kept wiping away tears but i never saw any. Almost like he was given a script on what to say and how to act("make sure you wipe your eyes and pause often so you appear to be emotional") Ive never said anything against Obama but i have to be honest and say that speech seemed way to orchestrated to me. And now he says there going to take action to make sure this kind of thing doesnt happen again???

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss
Gun Free Zone working at its finest.

I think its time for the Principals to start arming themselves

Screw these cowards. There names should not be spoken on ATS. We dont want to give them the gratification.

Just refer them as the cowards they are.
edit on 14-12-2012 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

I personally think a team of 3 National Guardsmen at every school - elementary schools at least. They don't belong outside of US borders, let's put them to good use here.

A principal with a gun could be a tragedy waiting to happen, which is why I favor a team of 3 military personnel.

On another note, this has been hitting me HAARD all day. Feeling this way more now that I have a baby. Lives snuffed out, lives of parents, siblings, surviving children...altered forever. Please God, let there actually be some form of eternal hell.

And on still another note - there is no rationale for this, people who do such things magnify their problems to a point beyond reason, but, all of us, amd we should teach our kids the same, need to be more caring of others. Who knows what broke this piece of #, but it always seems the shooters have been marginalized by peers, or destroyed by their parents. I don't know the solution, but alienating, bullying, etc, often seem to play a part in developing these psychopaths.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Police live on TV now

Police immediately enter the school.

Focus was to search for students, staff to rescue them.

20 kids dead, 2 dead at hospitals later, 6 adults dead at school.

Shooter dead in school.

Police are not identifying shooter yet.

Police say scene is very complex as a crime scene.

Police are not putting time stamp on finishing this case.

Reporters asking questions now:

A: Secondary crime scene in Newtown. Adult dead at that scene. Also scene in NJ. No more details.

A: Shooting took place in 2 rooms of school but in one section in the school.

A: Just saying one shooter.

A: 26 dead, 1 injured alive.

A: 27 TOTAL - Including shooter.

A: Secondary scene, not the school, has an adult victim.

Police will be back in 60 minutes. Police are meeting with family members, very difficult scene.

Shooter might have been carrying false ID

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by AmberLeaf

27 dead, 9 adults....18 kids dead

what a world to bring kids into
what have i done?

what i do know is if someone took one of mine id his
an eye for an eye

i used to say that id take out all his family in front of him/her but
when you think of it that makes me even worse than him

WHAT IS THIS WORLD COMMING TO

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by NarrowGate

It very well could be foreign in nature. I'm sure that during the Cold War, the Soviets also worked on a "Manchurian Candidate". We both had remote viewing programs at the time.

The scary thing is, even if it's a foreign government behind this -- our own best and brightest inteligence agencies are powerless to stop it. These "programmed shooters" are indistinguishable from anyone else.

I also have another theory involving all the EM clutter floating around in the air. Twenty-five years ago the EM frequency bands were much less crowded. Think about this for a second: right now you basically have the entire internet flowing through your brain. Radio waves, TV shows, WiFi, portable phones...all passing through your skull at this very moment.

And who knows what that'll do long term?

Perhaps it's accidentally activating these people? I don't know.

These shooters remind me of "sleeper cylons" from the new Battlestar Galactica.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
That is not Ryan Lanza's Twitter, please clarify

Originally posted by jhn7537
Ryan Lanza is not the killer.... Looks like we have false reporting from the news agencies... Ryan lanza is reporting on his Facebook page that he is alive and at work... Check out the screen shot below of his FB page

twitter.com...

new topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join