It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Than a Two Dozen Killed, Including Children, at Connecticut Elementary School Shooting

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Jason88

This is a very sad event.

My condolescence for the families of those children killed.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
This is so so sad. My heart is broken.
I was literally reading the article here in ATS about the 22 children in China being murdered by a man with a knife when I heard on the news about these 20 or more children being murdered at school as well.
The whole world has gone mad when you attack children, guns or knives, anything. This is wrong.
My condolences for all of their families losing children to these mad people around the world.
Makes me want to just go hug my daughter and never let her go..

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
This has been going around.

Gunman Identified as Ryan Lanza in Connecticut School Massacre
abcnews.go.com...

Is This Connecticut School Shooter Ryan Lanza’s Facebook?
www.mediaite.com...

edit on 14-12-2012 by CraigSnedeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
AAAAAAHHHHh !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

im so pissed kindergartners??///

i feel so bad for those parents....I feel as pissed as i was on 9 11
edit on 14-12-2012 by goou111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Katharos62191

I have a daughter as well. I can imagine what the parents are feeling. What terrifies me is when I was younger, some days I would ask to stay home and be told no.

Could you imagine... I hope anyone that happened to knows it is not their fault.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by MDDoxs
Call me crazy but I don't think the solution to gun crime is more guns...

This is sickening, and a very sad event, however, the answer is not to ban firearms.

Do you even know what happens in countries, and states where guns are banned or heavily restricted?...

All you have to do is look at the UK where guns have been banned since the late 90s, yet crimes with guns have been exponentially INCREASING since the ban to the point that many police officers in the UK now have to be armed and wearing bulletproof vests when they didn't have to before the ban.

Criminals don't care for laws. They don't mind hurting innocent people, including children, and since the police cannot be everywhere, and take a long time to respond to such incidents the only answer is an armed populace.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Has anyone noticed that the more they take away from us the more dangerous life becomes?

How many mass school shootings were there 50 years ago?
The only one I can recall was in 1967 teh Texas cloacktower sniper and the autopsy found a brain tumor the siz of a tennis ball in his head so in this case if he had been taken alive (he wasn't) I would have believed an insanity defence.

Start teaching gun safety in the first grade.
If more people carried guns, the safer we would be as a whole.
Forget nude body scanners and strip searches to fly just hand every passanger a loaded pistol as they enter the plane no terrorist would dare.

There are more mass murders because there are more groups of people unable to defend themselves.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by CraigSnedeker

From a media perspective - if that's not the shooter, they just added another victim to the list. I really hope they vetted that person before running with the story.

EDIT: I see the media changed their ledes to reflect that's not the shooter - so they screwed up that guy now.

FYI: President is on TV now
edit on 14-12-2012 by Jason88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

Ban guns and they become a "forbidden fruit". The worst of society will want them the most.

Let's wait to start deciding how to handle this though.

I think first we need to concentrate on making sure it is US, the PEOPLE, who handle it and not THEM, the CORPORATIONS puppets (politicians). That will be no small task.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by CraigSnedeker

In the report on the link provided, he says it isn't him!
Got the wrong guy.
Imagine if that was you...

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Jason88

Yeah, that's a pretty big mistake. But apparently the police identified him, so either it's a big lie or a big opps.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Obama speaking now about what happened

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
His mother was among the victims. Not sure where they found her, at home or at the school, but I hope this isn't all because of a beef with his mom.

My heart goes out to all the victims. Hug your children.

ETA: And now his brother has been found dead in Hoboken, NJ.
edit on 14-12-2012 by IamAbeliever because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Could someone tell me what agenda he is going to push with this?

I don't really feel like listening to his speech... you must forgive me if I feel like there are better people to have giving speeches about this.
edit on 14-12-2012 by NarrowGate because: (no reason given)

link   
Does anyone remember the DC Beltway snipers?

To me, those guys seemed more like crazy lunatics than these recent shooters.

These recent shootings all seem to have very specific similarities:

1. Young shooter
2. Dressed in black
3. Bulletproof/tactical vest
4. Described as "nice"
5. Unclear motives

I'm seriously wondering if these were planned operations using the same cookie cutter blueprint?

Whomever is orchestrating these must really think we are incapable of connecting dots and seeing unusual patterns!

I've said it many times, the right dosage of scopolamine in conjunction with hypnosis can make anyone do anything without emotion -- and not remember the event at all. Google "scopolamine" and watch the VICE Guide video. It's terrifying that drug cartels are reportedly using it -- just think what the alphabet soup agencies would do...

Besides Holmes, most of these shooters seem to self-terminate. I think that's probably due to the fact that if they were arrested, they might start to remember bit by bit over time what was done to them. Holme's IMO was already a little unstable and I think the "kill switch" signal didn't work. This is probably why we hear/see very little out of him.

link   

Originally posted by DanaKatherineScully
What is wrong with abortion ?

Nothing that's what !

Yet another Christian belief, well more people have been killed over the centuries due to religion than anything else, it's a pity some of the human species are simply not enlightened enough yet to have actually thought certain things through.

If people are going to bring religious beliefs into this, then surly was this not gods will ?

I would say such horrible incidents are a by-product of a diseased society which is centered on the idolizing of "efficiency", based on a purely materialistic worldview. Of course people go nuts in such a society, it is inhumane and ignores human emotions and the value of life. Furthermore, I would go so far as to say that the notion that religion has killed more people than anything else holds about as much water (if not less) than my saying that materialism and this drive for efficiency has actually been the greatest killer (eg. atomic bombs, tanks, missiles, the mechanism of war, industrial negligence, etc).

And you are right, it was not God's will, it was a result of a materialistic godless world that values "efficiency" above all other things.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Those that perpetuated this criminal act are EVIL!
Maybe we should just ban all guns, even if this is what the Elite want, at least it will stop these things from
happening! Well that is if they are the ones perpetuating these acts! Which i believe is the more likely scenario! As i see it a violent rebellion wont end the oppressive regime we are now living under!
All this would do is put the power into the hands of some other group!
Changing the world we live in will require peaceful sacrifice and not violent rebellion!
Guns are only good for killing and there are other ways to defend ones self!
Non leathal devices such as stun guns might be better suited for defending ones property!
These devices are better suited in case of mistaken identity!
How can we expect anyone to give up on violent extreamism when we refuse to rid our world of those mechanisms which allow for it? We need to stop holding onto irrational ideals if we are to make progress towards a more peaceful existance!

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by NarrowGate
Could someone tell me what agenda he is going to push with this?

I don't really feel like listening to his speech... you must forgive me if I feel like there are better people to have giving speeches about this.
edit on 14-12-2012 by NarrowGate because: (no reason given)

wow... what agenda is he gonna push??

forgive me if i think you have other s-- to think about right now

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Jason88

Well, I'll be the first to say that we have a mental health problem in this country, but...

When there are around 300 million of us, is it really correct to say how bad it is or how dangerous when incidents like these happen.

There should be better understanding of why these things happen, but I think it's over the top and sensationalist to say (all the anchors are) that we're living in dangerous communities, schools or towns.

Also, I doubt that either gun restrictions or guns in every classroom policies will solve this issue...actually they both sound like they'd make it worse.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Merlin Lawndart
I don't know the details, but this could smell of another staged shooting event. Do you think the government would shoot up a school full of kids to take away gun rights? I do.

One word:

Dunblane.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join