It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Than a Two Dozen Killed, Including Children, at Connecticut Elementary School Shooting

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by DoYouEvenLift

Not a strawman at all. Valid comparisons to what you are suggesting. Calling it a strawman and deflecting does not make it so.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
It's being reported on numerous networks and ALL over twitter that the shooter was Adam Lanza. Ryan Lanza was his brother...

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
The gun zealots from the NRA and loose gun control lobbyists in DC should be forced to dig 27 graves and be forced to explain to the parents why owning guns trumps their right to watch their kids grow up

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

If true at least his name didnt begin with "Ja" like Jared, James and Jacob (Jake) before him.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Or maybe the anti-gunners should be forced to dig the graves and explain to the parents why teachers couldn't be armed, so they had to pretty much wait for the massacre to happen like sitting ducks.

It works both ways. Save it.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by DoYouEvenLift

Originally posted by NarrowGate

Originally posted by DoYouEvenLift

Originally posted by Highground
reply to post by DoYouEvenLift

Except those that already willingly break the law, like the shooter in this scenario did. He had weapons that were already illegal to possess in both NJ and CT. Do you think they just magically appeared? Or perhaps he got them through an illegal source? Which could happen in any case? Look at Mexico's gun violence. Look at the war on drugs.

I believe that those guns didn't magically appear. I believe they were produced and sold legally and that he obtained legally produced and purchased guns illegally. If the gun had not been able to be produced and sold legally in the first place, the likelihood that such a person would have a gun goes down to nearly nil.

Tell that to Mexico.

PRISON BREAK BRRAATTT!

No thank you, I vote we keep the citizens armed. Thanks for playing.

What's a few dead kids, right?

You can thank gun free zones for that
they got by brother killed as well.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
the issue is not gun laws
if you want to stop shootings you have to work from the ground up
society is declining
the family structure is eroding
education is in shambles
change this sociopathic materialistic society

edit on 14-12-2012 by quietlearner because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
reply to post by MystikMushroom

It's almost like someone is using a textbook protocol.

I was discussing this with a friend who called me to tell me about the shooting and we both feel that something is very wrong and that these shootings are being used as a pretext for gun control. After all, this admin wants desperately to have us on board with the UN Small Arms Treaty exactly for the purpose of gun control because they know that an armed populace is harder to take over and force into the NWO Totalitarian govt. I would almost guarantee these shootings all have a common core.
First, there will never be a NWO . Second , gun control in all fifty states will never pass.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by DAVID64

so when is the right time to talk about it?
we keep being told now is not the right time.

link   
So is this looking like another false flag or what?

Once again there seem to be discrepancies with the original story.

I am not keeping a close eye on this because stuff like this disgusts me. Sorry!

link   

Originally posted by scottromansky

Shooting more than 100 rounds and only killing 30 plus people dont need to be trained for that especially in a small classroom or two.

also not sure on laws but a .223 Bushmaster rifle is considered an assault rifle? i know its illegal for a sling shot in nj, i live in new jersey just started to learn about various laws here.

A pump action shotgun could have resulted in more fatalities. The fact that he used two 9mm's and a .223 don't matter. The weapons are inconsequential to his intent. Many weapons (not firearms) could have yielded his desired outcome.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by bpg131313

Originally posted by scottromansky

Shooting more than 100 rounds and only killing 30 plus people dont need to be trained for that especially in a small classroom or two.

also not sure on laws but a .223 Bushmaster rifle is considered an assault rifle? i know its illegal for a sling shot in nj, i live in new jersey just started to learn about various laws here.

A pump action shotgun could have resulted in more fatalities. The fact that he used two 9mm's and a .223 don't matter. The weapons are inconsequential to his intent. Many weapons (not firearms) could have yielded his desired outcome.

Yes. That is true.

But whatever gun he used, we must ban it!

Like the other shooting that happened recently. They are calling for a ban on extended magazines. The extended magazine caused the jam that saved lives!!!!
I vote keep extended magazines. They make crazy peoples guns jam. Normal people don't really want them anyways most the time....

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by bpg131313

Understand that, but i was replying to someone stating they think the gunman was trained. i replied that anyone shooting 100 rounds with no training could have yielded the same outcome.... canceling out the person was trained.

as about the .223 Bushmaster i dont know if its illegal in nj.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Jason88

Sociopathic, probably psychopathic.

Nothing else explains the unemotional nature of these shooters. It's just not possible for a normal person to shoot others without emotional response that's crippling. Something to consider.

We need a way to identify sociopathic and psychopathic personalities to keep them away from guns. These types of people will often lack empathy for others and find it easier to kill.

I think not every sociopath or psychopath will kill, though. Many won't. However, they will do many other things without concern for others or at least behind their back.
edit on 14-12-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
'A witness tells WFSB-TV that a second man was taken out of the woods in handcuffs wearing a black jacket and camouflage pants and telling parents on the scene, “I did not do it.”'

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
... and one more thing...

Before guns, people still killed people. While the gun has certainly made it easier for the weak to attack the strong, it's in no way really increased the number of deaths proportional to the global population based on technological plateau. Before guns, it was swords, axes, spears, pikes, halberds, glaives, garrotes, flails, morning stars, stilettos, and so on. All the way back to the beginning of there being more than one living proto-organism, life has been feeding on life, and living things have been killing each other. Personally, I'm surprised that we don't hear reports of cannibalism more often, but even those cases aren't completely unheard of.

It's human nature to kill, which is par for the course of any apex predatory species. Really, what's unnatural is peace, civilization, and the frakkin' ice-capades!

No... the whole advancement of a society is a wholly unnatural act. Not to say that advancement is wrong... quite the contrary, but it is what it is.

Now... I noticed that along the way, this forum discussion has turned to one of Gun Control vs Gun ownership. Really, there's only one way to solve that problem, but you're not going to like the answer. We can abolish the manufacture of kinetic weapons altogether and it won't stop people from killing each other. That sort of thing would require humans removing the mammalian elements of our genes and refining ourselves into something post-human, and even then, we may not be able to weed out what at it's root is part of a living organism's predatory nature. So, the only answer to to demolish this entire planet before anything can escape it. Then, and only then, will the killing actually, and finally, stop.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
The gun zealots from the NRA and loose gun control lobbyists in DC should be forced to dig 27 graves and be forced to explain to the parents why owning guns trumps their right to watch their kids grow up

Anyone can make a bomb, and a small one the size of a football could take out multiple classrooms, but easily everyone inside the primary room. I spent three years in the Middle East and bombs are easy for those folks to make with stuff that's easy to get. Most of them don't even have a decent education. Think someone here in the US can't easily figure out how to make one? Or three? So spout off about the NRA all you want, it's you're right to do so. But don't think for a second that guns are the issue here. He killed his dad, was looking to kill his mom, and then himself. A single frag could have ensured that no one left the room.

As for the families, it sucks to see them have to go through this. And I am sorry for their loss. No parent should have to bury their kids.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by PrincessTofu
'A witness tells WFSB-TV that a second man was taken out of the woods in handcuffs wearing a black jacket and camouflage pants and telling parents on the scene, “I did not do it.”'

I wonder what this will turn out to be. Who is this guy?

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by PrincessTofu

It's a small town. Do you honestly think the people don't know who this guy was and who he hung out with? For all we know, he could have been a bum. Every town has them. Regardless, they have him and will figure out if he was even related to the shooting or just happened to be in the woods when the whole thing went down.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by PrincessTofu

I'm guessing this is the man who the young girl being interviewed said the police had pinned down and cuffed after the other man was supposedly dead. Waiting anxiously for details of this second man.

Nevermind, She said he was in the halls.
edit on 14-12-2012 by Katharos62191 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join