It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Than a Two Dozen Killed, Including Children, at Connecticut Elementary School Shooting

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by scottromansky

You can, but you cannot buy a handgun for import at 20 in any state (Plus, you have to have a permit to purchase a handgun in CT and NJ, and most FFLs don't ship to these states for that reason). And if he is a resident of CT or NJ, he cannot purchase an assault weapon in any state.

link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist
reply to post by Jason88

Just listening to tis now onskynews!!

wow!

It really doesn't stop over there does it? Seemslike every other day there is shooting and these are children!!

You still believe in holding guns?

You lot who do really need to be tested!!

Yes, we do. You think gun laws will keep criminals from getting guns?

link   
reply to post by Katharos62191

Shooting a handgun accuratley is not what it looks like in the movies and on TV. Those were small children and not adults.

He does sound trained, and the whole Facebook thing seems odd. Perhaps Facebook staff themselves pulled the profile at the request of the LEO's?

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Highground
reply to post by DoYouEvenLift

Except those that already willingly break the law, like the shooter in this scenario did. He had weapons that were already illegal to possess in both NJ and CT. Do you think they just magically appeared? Or perhaps he got them through an illegal source? Which could happen in any case? Look at Mexico's gun violence. Look at the war on drugs.

I believe that those guns didn't magically appear. I believe they were produced and sold legally and that he obtained legally produced and purchased guns illegally. If the gun had not been able to be produced and sold legally in the first place, the likelihood that such a person would have a gun goes down to nearly nil.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by NarrowGate

Originally posted by CraigSnedeker

Originally posted by SloAnPainful
reply to post by CraigSnedeker

Strange. His family is either dead or missing and now his facebook/twitter account deleted...

Something strange is going on...

-SAP-

I agree, it seems as if there is a much larger plot just under the surface.

You appear to be an Annon, I am sure you saved the screen.

I'm not Annon, my avatar is a promo for Gray State. I prefer not to align myself with Anonymous. And the screenshot is on page 8, I already posted it. Here's a more updated one though, they must have been taken before the page was taken down.

Great piece of information.

Would you mind starting a thread so everyone is aware who is not reading?

I just checked, there already is.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
My heart constricts in grief.

I am left to wonder when we as a society will reach our threshold in blood and grief to finally look for solutions amongst the wisdom of the living, realizing that our forefathers never envisioned the depths of irresponsibility and apathy to which we would sink. How long till we realize that our arguments are not solutions. How long till we realize our divisions let innocents lay slain in our halls of learning? When do we look in the mirror and become outraged at our image and what we have done to ourselves, our loved ones and our planet?

Millions of years of evolution have given us the chance to -do better-.

Long past time to answer that challenge if you ask me.

link   
reply to post by scottromansky

Assault weapons are not legal in New Jersey or Connecticut. According to the Brady Campaign, NJ has the second-toughest gun laws in the country.

link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

It's almost like someone is using a textbook protocol.

I was discussing this with a friend who called me to tell me about the shooting and we both feel that something is very wrong and that these shootings are being used as a pretext for gun control. After all, this admin wants desperately to have us on board with the UN Small Arms Treaty exactly for the purpose of gun control because they know that an armed populace is harder to take over and force into the NWO Totalitarian govt. I would almost guarantee these shootings all have a common core.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   

How is that working out for Mexico's gun problem, and the war on drugs? How did that work out for prohibition?

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by DoYouEvenLift

Except those that already willingly break the law, like the shooter in this scenario did. He had weapons that were already illegal to possess in both NJ and CT. Do you think they just magically appeared? Or perhaps he got them through an illegal source? Which could happen in any case? Look at Mexico's gun violence. Look at the war on drugs.

I believe that those guns didn't magically appear. I believe they were produced and sold legally and that he obtained legally produced and purchased guns illegally. If the gun had not been able to be produced and sold legally in the first place, the likelihood that such a person would have a gun goes down to nearly nil.

You mean like illegal drug use has gone down to nil since they outlawed the ability to buy them? oh wait!

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
It's hard to make sense of evil.... Evil has no understanding of feelings or what's right/wrong, evil acts, evil has no boundaries and today we saw that...

link   
AP Reports: "A law enforcement official is now saying the suspect in the Connecticut school shootings is 20-year-old Adam Lanza."

link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss

Originally posted by SPECULUM
better go buy yourself some guns and ammo and keep your kids home and safe

No, the problem is they didn't put up enough "gun free zone" signs up. Clearly these low life scum missed the signs when they walked into the school to shoot it up.

Sarc/ off

edit on 14-12-2012 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

Gun free zones doesn't apply to any person (s) who are willing to kill. Do we have security guards, school police, metal detectors anymore.

Omg I am seriously going to write my own executive orders. This is the second major shooting this week
Enough is enough. Buying guns and ammunition is not the answer. How the hell did think this punk got the guns in the place.

It's time to declare war criminals or something. I am so sick and tired of this.

link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

Shooting more than 100 rounds and only killing 30 plus people dont need to be trained for that especially in a small classroom or two.

also not sure on laws but a .223 Bushmaster rifle is considered an assault rifle? i know its illegal for a sling shot in nj, i live in new jersey just started to learn about various laws here.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
How did I know that, instead of sympathy for the families, this would turn into a Anti Gun thread.
This was senseless crime, committed by a monster. Leave your gun rants out of it.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Tell that to Mexico.

PRISON BREAK BRRAATTT!

No thank you, I vote we keep the citizens armed. Thanks for playing.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   

How is that working out for Mexico's gun problem, and the war on drugs? How did that work out for prohibition?

Don't muddy the waters with straw men.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Gun control will solve nothing. What good will making guns illegal do? Murder is illegal, and it doesn't stop people from killing. Why would making guns illegal will stop people from owning them? Laws are not reality. Laws are useless in the face of a person's will. They are not solid walls. They do not stop anything from happening, they only provide a recourse for victims or society when things do happen.

Gun control makes no sense for the same reason that outlawing abortion makes no sense, and for the same reason that marijuana prohibition is ridiculous. People are going to do what they are going to do, and putting up a law will slow them down, if it does anything at all.

If you want violence to end, the answer is not to make guns illegal. How preposterous. The answer is to teach people about the value of human life; teach perspective; teach perseverance. If you want people to behave like civilized people, you don't just make it inconvenient to be uncivilized; you make it unacceptable. You fix the culture that leads to violence.

What good is a LAW going to do?

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by NarrowGate

Tell that to Mexico.

PRISON BREAK BRRAATTT!

No thank you, I vote we keep the citizens armed. Thanks for playing.

What's a few dead kids, right?

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

Look, I understand where you're coming from, but if someone intends to shoot someone, they don't care how many signs you put up. You could put up signs from here to L.A., and they'd still do what they are going to do. When someone reaches a decision to do something like this, it's been premeditated for a while and usually planned for, far in advance of the actual event. This isn't simply someone unhinged... it's more often than not, someone who's extremely disgruntled, disenfranchised, and ready to take someone out before they intentionally take out themselves.

Basically, it's a "I'm going out and I'm taking you all with me" kind of attitude. What get's me about it, is that it's not just a psycho-somatic (monkey-see, monkey-do) kind of thing alone, but also something that I believe is both driven by a damaged ego, and an apocalyptic sense of existence.

I have a few friends that are totally buggin' about the (so called) Mayan Apocalypse, aka Dec 21st, 2012. Considering the lengths that people have gone to to spread (dis)information about this supposed event, and considering all of the speculation into what the Mayans were actually referring to, it's no wonder that it seems the nutcases are coming out of the woodwork lately. Now, regardless, that doesn't excuse anything, much less mass murder. But, I wouldn't be surprised if we see a lot more of this over the coming week or two. If you begin to gather statistics on each time there's been any semi-credible chatter of an impending apocalypse, you'll see a bell-curve rise in murder and suicide rates that correspond. It's basically the stupid weeding themselves out of the gene-pool. Sadly, these morons tend to try to take down others with them, and more often that not happen to kill those who are completely innocent of any wrong doing as far as the murderer is concerned. But, that doesn't seem to make a difference. Some killers direct their anger very precisely on their targets, and some project it like a shotgun pattern on anyone in their path. I figure it's sorta like the alignments in D&D... Lawful Evils vs Chaotic Evils, for example. In my lifetime, I've known both types, and both are equally dangerous. Although, while the lawful evil type may set you up to be killed by the cops, or work through a deadly form of manipulation, a chaotic evil will go on a killing spree with no thought whatsoever given to the consequences.

But, I could be wrong....

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join