It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Multiple deaths reported in shooting at Conn. school

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Multiple deaths reported in shooting at Conn. school

NEWTOWN, Conn. — Some children were among those killed in a shooting at an elementary school in Newtown, Conn., on Friday, The Hartford Courant reported. An official who spoke on condition of anonymity because the investigation is still under way told the Associated Press the gunman apparently had two guns. The school district remains on lockdown as police investigate the shootings. There are unconfirmed reports of two shooters, according to the paper. Some students were reportedly being treated for trauma. A dispatcher at the Newtown Volunteer Ambulance Corps said a teacher has been shot in the foot and taken to Danbury Hospital, but it's unclear if that's the only injury.

People are going crazy. What could make people shoot children? The police should just shoot the killers no reason for a trial. How many people will start calling for gun control now?

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Gun control is part of the problem. When I was younger kids could bring their rifles to school, kept in their truck, yet their were no mass shootings. Just damn all guns anyway. I really hate how they just jump up and start shooting people on their own.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   

People are going crazy. What could make people shoot children?

Being a bit unstable and living in a culture that encourages and even glorifies gun ownership would do the trick

The police should just shoot the killers no reason for a trial. How many people will start calling for gun control now?

Yep thats the solution, lets shoot more people

Id call for gun control but no one would listen, thankfully I dont live in a country where gun ownership is common.

As long as guns are considered normal and ownership is seen as a right you can expect more of the same.

But then of course this is all just a conspiracy and the governments way of taking away your guns

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

I have no clue what's getting in to peoples heads or why they would want to shoot kids. Have there been any reports on the shooter or shooters? It's going to get weird if this is another murder suicide.

I bet if we get one more public shooting like this we're going to see lot of people moving to ban all firearms.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Screw gun control. We need more resource officers at the schools. Every school I went to had an officer there at all times. My daughter's elementary school has one as well. I think an officer on site will help deter this kind of thing or at least stop the person before it gets really bad.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte
Gun control is part of the problem. When I was younger kids could bring their rifles to school, kept in their truck, yet their were no mass shootings. Just damn all guns anyway. I really hate how they just jump up and start shooting people on their own.

You had a truck in kindergarden?

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1MrMarc
Screw gun control. We need more resource officers at the schools. Every school I went to had an officer there at all times. My daughter's elementary school has one as well. I think an officer on site will help deter this kind of thing or at least stop the person before it gets really bad.

I completely agree, cops all ways stop crime before it happens.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

what awful news
, i see that they mention 2 shooters i bet by tomorrow it will only be 1 reported ,the same as other recent shootings

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by 1MrMarc

There no were cops at the elementary school I went to, but there were 6 at my middleschool. Not sure why a middle school needs 6 cops and an elementary school needs none. But the police at the middle school I went to were armed and had their cars parked in the front and at the side entrance. Two cops stayed in the front of the school, three cops stayed at the other three entrances of the school, and one walked up and down the main halls. They need something like that at more schools. At least in elementary schools.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Here's the ongoing thread already posted... www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1MrMarc

Had three at my high school armed at all times, it didn't stop anything. Just meant it saved them drive time. But we also had barbed wire fence that faced in. So maybe it would help the nicer areas, the few that are left.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Its the end of the world...didnt you hear? ...but on a serious note, people are going to lose their minds even more as we get closer to 12/21/12. And people will kill themselves and their kids and others, as seen today in the school and the other day in the mall shooting. People are seriously stressed put and worried its the end of the world...of course in my lifetime the works was suppose to end several times already....

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
We need to determine why is it that the mentally disturbed (or not so mentally disturbed) are choosing this particular method of committing aggressive acts. And why is it that the mass killings seems to be so effective at getting copy-cats that it is becoming the chosen method of highly impulsive and aggressive individuals to "express" their inner anger/depression/rage/ and so on. These attacks are highly impersonal...They lack the passion and goal of a murderer, the intent of serial killers or assassin, the social gratification of joining a military/paramilitary/militia group/riot/anarchist group. It's like these shooters simply disengage/dissociate from the people they are attacking and themselves. It is such an odd social phenomena, really.

-Ghoster

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by darknewt

As long as they catch one guy - or kill him - then they'd roll it back to one shooter...just to make it a case close situation. A case closed is another line for their promotion and/or election statement.

Sad that anyone would shoot up a school. Hope the families are able to cope with the grief.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

Then explain the 22 kids slashed in China......slashed not shot.

Responsible gun owners usually don't shoot people, criminals do. Do you think the criminals follow the law?

If the nut jobs couldn't get a gun they will still find a way, maybe a bomb? Take out more people?

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Another one! Three shooting sprees where people have said there were two or three gunmen only to change it again to one. Watch the same will happen here.

That they are so desperate to remove the guns rights that they would kill innocent children...

Expect gun law changes soon.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Maybe it has something to do with video games? ...the shooting sprees remind me of video games that these kids are playing. They are disassociate with reality and think its like a video game. ...or maybe there's some weird subliminal message in these games effecting kids?... Just a thought.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
They just confirmed 27 deaths.. 14 of them children
Unbelievable... I feel sick to my stomach reading/hearing that...

My Aunt lives in Danbury, and is a teacher, but luckily she works in New Canaan.. I got so worried when I turned on the news and heard about a shooting at a school in CT near Danbury and Newtown.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
What kind of sick prick shoots up an elementary school? This stuff is really pisses me off. The news is saying 27 dead now.

If this ever happens at my sons school and the person responsible does not end their life they will not make it to trial.

Raist

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
NOTICE how these shootings ALWAYS occur where guns are NOT ALLOWED...

How MANY children could have BEEN SPARED FROM DEATH if the staff at that school (or ALL schools) were ARMED and properly TRAINED to defend against this garbage?

HOW MANY CHILDREN would have been SPARED here from death????? HOW MANY CHILDREN would be STILL ALIVE RIGHT NOW if the STAFF there were ARMED AND ALLOWED TO ENGAGE ON THE SHOOTER AT THE VERY START OF THIS SHOOTING????

edit on 14-12-2012 by oper8zhin because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join