It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone else feel they are "somersaulting" through their bed or pillow at night??

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I get the feeling of floating and everthing under and around me is swirling, as in wave movement.

edit on 12/16/2012 by Jetman44 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by avvie

Yep, I know the whole feeling thing. It's different from when it feels as if I tripped. This feeling is like being dumped back into bed. Probably astral travel related.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jetman44
I get the feeling of floating and everthing under and around me is swirling, as in wave movement.

edit on 12/16/2012 by Jetman44 because: (no reason given)

Has this lead to astral travel for you?

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I'm not too sure... I have noticed that all of my dreams are in color lately.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
It actually might be a blood pressure problem. See a doctor ASAP.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
It actually might be a blood pressure problem. See a doctor ASAP.

Thankyou, i am planning on going to the Doctors soon. Last i checked though my blood pressure was normal.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by avvie

Glad your bp is normal. Maybe an inner ear issue. Have you any colds recently?

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

No, no colds for a good few months now.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I get this feeling sometimes too, but with me it's more like the feeling of rolling on your side, over and over. Then if I get up or open my eyes, it goes away. Thought it was vertigo maybe, but now I'm thinking it might be an OBE? Because sometimes I get this strange humming/vibrating in my chest too.
Hoping it's that and not any sort of medical condition. It goes away if I force myself to fully 'wake up.'

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Replikant

It maybe an OBE what your experiencing. I always wake myself up when it happens to me, but next time im going to stay relaxed and see what happens.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by avvie
It may be the start of Astral Travel but as i wake myself up through fear i guess it doesn't develop.

If my experience happens again tonight, instead of pulling out i'm going to stay calm and see what happens.

Next time it happens i will try and relax and see what happens.

I always wake myself up when it happens to me, but next time im going to stay relaxed and see what happens.

Hey avvie,

I would lean toward what a good number of our fellow ATSers here have pointed out that it is the start of astral projection, obe, or even simply just entering a lucid dream. What you have been describing has occurred for me in the past a few times and actually started up again last night strangely enough. In the past it has led to astral projection a few times, but last night simply led to a lucid dream.

The fact that you have been freaking out a little when it has begun to happen to you makes me think this has pulled you out of the transition of it occurring. It appears that you are indeed impeding it from developing by thinking about it while its occurring as scary, odd, and wierd.

I would agree with the suggestions that others have made and the responses you have made in the quotes above. Just try to relax and be detached from what is occurring. Be calm, confident, let it happen, see what develops, and enjoy the ride.

I hope we have been of help and that you keep us updated with what occurs if you do or do not follow these suggestions.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   
I would highly recommend coming off the amitryptiline. Its a terrible drug quite addictive and long term use such as 5yrs is highly frowned upon without constant supervision and continual assessment for liver damage and blood cell problems. Both myself and my brother were given it a few years ago when we had a spate of deaths in the family and I totally lost it. It affects the serotonin levels in the brain and causes drowsiness and also can cause muscle spasms and cramps as it also affects the sodium levels in the body. I stuck it out about 4 weeks but felt I was losing control and generally felt more down than before I took it. I started hearing things just on the verge of sleep which my doctor said were aural hallucinations! My brother freaked out and in the end we were both put on something else for a few months until our drama passed. Coming off it is a nightmare too like a really bad trip! Not a good drug

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I just had another experience that i would like some advice on. I just had a nap and this strange thing happened which again has weirded me out.
It's hard to explain, its like while asleep i hear this loud vibrating sound in my head and it gets stronger. Instead of seeing black its colours. I feel paralyzed and when i try to wake up its like i have to push my way out of what's happening.
Now i'm worried weather this is a health problem along with the "somersaulting" or whether this is again astral travel. I'm too scared to let it happen, i find myself waking myself up instead. Has anyone else here also felt this?

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by avvie

That sounds like sleep paralysis to me. If you do a search on here you will find that many people report similar symptoms as what you described when experiencing sleep paralysis. Especially the vivid colors with one's eyes shut.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   

edit on 11-1-2013 by Captain Reynolds because: Accidental double post herp derp.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Anyone had the feeling that they were being pulled by the ankles out of the bottom of the bed ? Is that a part of an OBE ?

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Hmm. nobody want to answer the above question

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by sayzaar
Anyone had the feeling that they were being pulled by the ankles out of the bottom of the bed ? Is that a part of an OBE ?

I haven't had that, but i was pulled out of bed by my hair. This sounds more paranormal to me though.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by avvie

I don't usually post on forums, i prefer to just read, however this one excited me so much.
About a year ago, i laid down in my bed, about midnight, and attempted to go to sleep, and literally 5 minutes past, before my bed started vibrating quite violently, i sat bolt upright, switched on the light and looked around ?
I seriously thought it was an earthquake, bearing in mind i live in the UK - highly unlikely !!
Anyway, after i'd calmed down, i laid down and relaxed and it started again, i did the same thing.
On the the third time - and maybe because i am quite spiritually aware, and have been visited by dead family members twice in my life - i thought, Right i'll just go with it and see what happens.
I shot out of my body, through the ceiling, saw all of the insides of the floor, through the attic,all the junk, and straight through the roof. Before i knew it i was about 50 metres above the roof of my house looking straight down.
Now, at this point, i started backward somersaulting, and i couldn't stop it or control it. Then i thought i've heard about this, i'm astral travelling..... where shall i go ??? then because i couldn't think quick enough, bang i was back in my body.
Having done my research, i'm ready to give it another go. But can anyone tell me - how to control the backward somersaulting if it happens again??
Thanks guys xx

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I get something quite similar. Have done quite regularly through the years. I have no idea what it was and put it down to my body doing something weird. imbalances in the ears or blood surging to my head since I am laying down.

Not sure how to explain it but when I get into bed and try to go off to sleep I get this very weird sensation. But I don't feel like I am sinking through the bed. I see the mattress in a void with me trying to sleep on it. Then the bed will start to tip and turn over. I freak out and get the feeling of slipping out of my bed, falling into the black void but somehow I stay stuck to the bed as it just spins/falls into nothingness. Then I open my eyes and I feel all dizzy and the room takes a second to stop spinning and come into focus.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join