It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gary McKinnon will not face UK charges

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Youareallschizophrenic

Thats true BUT it could also show you that MANY people are capable of hacking into whats supposed to be your most secure computer systems.....hmmm....china....iran.....russia.....shall i continue??

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Glad you're still in the UK Gary.

Try helping the numpties in charge with your computer expertise and maybe the UK will rise again!

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
Brilliant positive news for a change. Hooray for McKinnon! I didn't expect him to get out of this so easy, but I think it is quite unjust to charge a person with a medical condition which really did fuel his obsession and lessen his rational sense of judgment that other people would have. Glad to see things worked out this way.

Indeed.

Thankfully in the UK, we don't put mentally challenged and mentally disabled people to death.
Actually we don't put anyone to death, no civilised country does.

Not saying Gary would have faced the death penalty, just showing the difference in "justice" between the 2 nations involved.

Although I fully appreciate that stance overall. There are exceptions to the rules.
In the states here, we just had some guy murder in cold blood about 30 small children, his brother, and his mother..he also took himself out, but had he not, and remained alive..and found to be of sane mind (just whatever, had a bad day), what do you do with such a monster?

I think the death penelty should be reserved far more than it is now...only for the worst of the worst so to speak.

I am in two minds about it. If there is no redeeming value in keeping someone alive, and has proven they will destroy those around them without mercy..such a life form is of no worth in keeping near our species.

and again, I am in two minds about it. as a general rule, I am against the death penelty, but there are exceptions...why should someone continue living after ending that opportunity to many children (as the example case) without remorse..especially if there is nothing to learn from

ok, this is off topic. sorry..just sort of struggling with my outlook on the death penelty overall. If I can be pro war in some cases (not any cases that have come lately mind you..frankly, there hasn't been a worthwhile war since WW2), then I can't rightfully say I am anti-death penelty...

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by souljacker

No system is completely secure. Ours is better than most but.. still fallible.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
so I take it he can now get back on a computer...not that he would know much about em now mind you...and people will be sorely disappointed in his lack of knowledge to begin with considering he didn't hack at all..he logged in..about as hackworthy as someone simply logging into their own facebook account really...well, more complex than that, but certainly not some underground elite anon dude.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Did you know, how many mad people imagine that know @top-secrtet@ info?

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Although I fully appreciate that stance overall. There are exceptions to the rules.
In the states here, we just had some guy murder in cold blood about 30 small children, his brother, and his mother..he also took himself out, but had he not, and remained alive..and found to be of sane mind (just whatever, had a bad day), what do you do with such a monster?

That's a good question and I suppose the easy thing is to say "string him up"
If I was my kids who got killed, I would be PLEADING for 5 mins alone in a cell with that guy and trust me, I very doubt he'd be breathing when I left.

BUT

That is emotion... that is vengeance... not justice.

That is not how a civilised society deals with these people.....state authorised murder.

Let's teach people that killing people is wrong.... by killing people??

Doesn't make sense

I think the death penelty should be reserved far more than it is now...only for the worst of the worst so to speak.

I am in two minds about it. If there is no redeeming value in keeping someone alive, and has proven they will destroy those around them without mercy..such a life form is of no worth in keeping near our species.

Well how about studying him? How about finding out the root causes?
How about really getting into the minds of these people, learning from it... using the research and studies to broaden our knowledge of how and why these people commit these heinous acts.

Who are we, any of us, to say whether someone lives or dies?

Stick him in a cell and let him think about this for a life time and if he really is batsh** crazy, then as I said, we can use the research and time with this man to further our knowledge in this field.

and again, I am in two minds about it. as a general rule, I am against the death penelty, but there are exceptions...why should someone continue living after ending that opportunity to many children (as the example case) without remorse..especially if there is nothing to learn from

An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.

I as a person, an individual, would definitely want this person dead if it were my children, no two ways about it... but as I said before, this is emotion and vengeance.... we do not base laws, punishments and incarceration on these things, thankfully.

I am glad I live in a country where we outlawed the death penalty.

That's just my opinion.

But I could never say that any parent, relative or friend... who actually caught hold of one of these shooters and destroyed them, would be wrong in what they did.... I would never judge them.

I take issue with a society and government who decides to kill people..... we should and do know better.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Shouldn't that read, "No civilized nation executes it's own people, except those with very large populations like China and the United States. As well as many powerful empires such as the British, French, Spanish and most notably Roman Empire whose method of execution is now a popular religious symbol."?

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Surprised this topic hasn't had more interest.

If anything makes me think something suspicious is going on within the USA it this.
I know a number of autistic people and they don't lie, they seem incapable. Not saying its impossible but unlikely.

A few things on this case mark it as odd.

1) the lengths the USA has gone to try and get him. I know he broke US law but the UK could of easily have prosecuted him and imprisoned him ourselves. Hacking is still illegal in the UK and a high security British prison will be no different to a high security USA prison.

2) The fact the USA has dropped the case especially with him threatening to expose what he knows.

IM sceptical of ET and laugh at lizard people. But something suspicious is going on.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

I'll be honest, other than Theresa May stopping the extradition I wasn't even aware of this thread until now and I had an active interest for a while. Pleased to see he is free as a bird now.
edit on 24-4-2013 by Taggart because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Youareallschizophrenic
reply to post by IsaacKoi

He should face Extradition to America. He committed a crime against the United States of America. Also. Hacking U.S. Government databases can be Considered an Act of War.

Well, find the US airforce sargeant who killed a pedestrian on a British road, and was on a US transport back to America within six hours, get him sent back to the UK to face charges, and I might agree with you.(as this was over 30 years ago, I doubt you will)

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Youareallschizophrenic
reply to post by IsaacKoi

He should face Extradition to America. He committed a crime against the United States of America. Also. Hacking U.S. Government databases can be Considered an Act of War.

Hacking is illegal in the UK so shouldnt he face a UK court for breaking UK laws?

Laws were broken in BOTH countrys so you cant claim he was soley your responsibility.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join