It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible Astral Traveling?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I've never really read up on this sort of stuff, so I don't know if what I do can be called astral traveling or not? For the most part I know I am asleep when I travel. The first time I ever really knew I travelled. My mom and I traveled to Norway about 800 AD. I can still remember the people I was seeing speaking and eating. I remember the smell of the food and I know it was winter because I cold feel the cold on my skin and could smell the dogs.

I have traveled a few more times in the last 10 years. I actually traveled to my mom in Montana and we were driving down the road. I could hear people speaking. I was talking to her. I could see the stores.

Is what I am doing really astral traveling or it is something else? If it is traveling, I would like to read up more about it and no whether or not I can do it freely or is it something that just happens.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
lucid dreaming?

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by CelticHeart

I have to agree with slapjacks...

Lucid dreaming can very easily be confused with astral travel because it seems so darn real and you remember every detail of your experiences.

Personally I have never astral travelled but have been trying for a very long time and have come so close so many times its getting pretty darn frustrating.

But when you mentioned you were with your mother, is pretty much a giveaway to lucid dreaming unless she's deceased. It is very rare for astral travellers to meet up with living loved ones in the astral planes. Even most pro's can't

Lastly, I would say that you are very fortunate to have experienced this. If they were in fact lucid dreams (I'm no expert so I can't be %100 sure), you are very much on the brink of having an astral experience.

Ang

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Generally...Astral Travel is when you are awake-meditating. Asleep, and youre dreaming.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by CelticHeart

If you are asleep...its dreaming. Controlled by the subconcious. Astral Traveling -Projecting....you are awake... and conciously are aware...unlike sleep.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Yeah, that's got to be lucid dreaming man. The vividness of experience is what gives it away. Plus, you were asleep; that's the realm of the subconscious at work.

new topics

top topics

join