It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attempts to buy vehicles raise suspicions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Four Middle Eastern looking men who tried to buy a used ambulance and police cruisers raised the suspicions of St. Petersburg College recently and because they had been warned that terrorists might be in the market for such vehicles, officials notified local law enforcement and the FBI. The FBI reported that they had information on one of the men involved already and was interesting in talking to the men.

Despite having made the highest bid for the vehicles, the men did not show up to take possession of the vehicles. They were sent a letter from the University ordering them to appear by order of the FBI. No one has any information on their whereabouts.

Attempts to buy vehicles raise suspicions

After St. Petersburg College employees call the FBI, the buyers, described as Middle Eastern, vanish.

By RICHARD DANIELSON and NORA KOCH
Published October 22, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TARPON SPRINGS -
Four men described as Middle Eastern tried to buy a surplus ambulance, two former police cruisers and an old truck from St. Petersburg College this summer, prompting college employees to alert authorities, SPC administrators said Thursday.

"The minute I heard about it I got in touch with our law enforcement people and asked them to make immediate (contact) with the FBI," college president Dr. Carl Kuttler said.

In response, the FBI interviewed college employees, expressed an interest in the men and installed surveillance devices in the vehicles in advance of a scheduled pickup, SPC officials said.

But the buyers, who made at least two previous trips to the campus, never showed up for the third and final meeting.

FBI Tampa office spokeswoman Sara Oates said she couldn't confirm or deny the existence of an investigation. But college administrators said federal agents took the matter very seriously.

sptimes.com...

[edit on 04/10/24 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Oh thats great. Let's find there whereabouts and send them to Gitmo to rot 'till they fess up.

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 06:03 AM
link   
That didn't really happen. We have no enemies of Arab decent; that is only an evil Republican lie. Bush, Cheney and Rummy are the ones trying to blow up things so that they can take over the world!
Come on, Grady, lose your mind and get on board. It's really easy once you quit thinking and let CBS do it for you!

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 06:09 AM
link   
To send a letter to a group of suspected terrorists does not sound like a well thought out Mission Critical plan, on behalf of the FBI.

Now obviously if Israel was involved it would have been a whole different ball game!

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 12:14 PM
link   
What I find intriguing is that the entire incident took place in Florida!

Sunny Florida, home of election problems, Jeb Bush, and the highest rate of consumer fraud in the entire U.S. of A.

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by BillyTheCat
To send a letter to a group of suspected terrorists does not sound like a well thought out Mission Critical plan, on behalf of the FBI.

Now obviously if Israel was involved it would have been a whole different ball game!

they would prob send a letter bomb

or just kill anyone next to the building they suspect ( innacent or not innacent )

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Ahhh...so you have seen the Israeli army in action then. I notice that you have a photo of Hitler next to your posting name. Ironic isn't it that for years we heard about the Holocaust. Now it is the Israeli who are carrying out the ethnic clensing.

There was a time when I respected the Israeli army, but not any more.

(Sorry if I have gone off topic slightly)

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
That didn't really happen. We have no enemies of Arab decent; that is only an evil Republican lie. Bush, Cheney and Rummy are the ones trying to blow up things so that they can take over the world!
Come on, Grady, lose your mind and get on board. It's really easy once you quit thinking and let CBS do it for you!

TC! Have you let the Liberals get to you? I can't believe you're saying this! Grady. Great find! Middle Easterner's should be at a goat auction instead of an auto auction.

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Now it is the Israeli who are carrying out the ethnic clensing.

death statistics since first intifada

Terror attacks on Israelis by Palestinians

Terror attacks since Oslo

"palestinian" kids tought to kill Jews

"palestinians" call for death of all Jews

"palestinian" policy in their own words

Yassar Arafat quotes

Ethnic cleansing? There are 1.3 peaceful Arabs who are citizens of Israel. There are millions of Arabs in Judea and Samaria and Gaza who want to kill the Jews. The mothers want their sons to blow themselves up in a disco for allah. The kids want to blow themsleves up because the intifada has made their lives terrible. The men want to kill Jews because they are greedy for a country of their own. Araft was born in Cairo, Egypt! He has no connection with Israel other then for 40 years he has tried to destroy Israel and become the leader of a theocracy over Israel.

[edit on 10/24/2004 by verfed]

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul

Originally posted by BillyTheCat

they would prob send a letter bomb

or just kill anyone next to the building they suspect ( innacent or not innacent )

Bodrul, your avatar is the coolest I have ever seen.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 04:03 AM
link   
I think I know where the missing 380 tons of explosive just stolen from the US in Iraq may be going.....It fits together nicely what would you do if you had all the explosives they have I would use about 100 lbs in at least 3 to 4 locations so as to over stress the law enforcement and medical forces then when my ambulance with about 2500 to 3000 pounds of boom boom drove up to the white house it would not be as suspicious and I would get close enough to cause alot of damage........makes since to me

[edit on 25/10/2004 by drbryankkruta]

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 04:20 AM
link   
This is just more crap to keep the masses scared. What exactly does a Middle Eastern man look like, anyway? What's the point in reporting this with no suspects, no pics, no ID, and no clues? Stay afraid, Big Brother says so.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by taibunsuu
This is just more crap to keep the masses scared. What exactly does a Middle Eastern man look like, anyway? What's the point in reporting this with no suspects, no pics, no ID, and no clues? Stay afraid, Big Brother says so.

But I guess you missed the part where one of the people was already being investigated by the FBI....only reasonable dought caused the FBI to be notified and there by exposing a person they already thought to be under suspicion......what did you think was being said ....if the FBI Identified one of the suspects from the report and was already had him under investigation then hello they have picture,evidence,and descriptions or they wouldnt have know who the man was.....BUT YES I SEE your point it has indulged in the realm of scaring the masses to a point but hightened awareness is that thing that often keeps us alive its called self preservation .....a natural instinct although exploited that can be useful like this time where a man on the FBI watch list was caught doing something rather suspicious and in light of enough explosives floating around God knows where carrying the blast yield 1/3 of that as the littler atom bomb dropped on Japan I am for staying on the side of caution when it comes to vehicles like this are being baught and sold...even more so when they have the ability to carry enough explosive to level a building the size of the pentagon or white house.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne

SO AS TO CONTINUE WITH YOUR GREAT SARCASIM wink wink

No enemies of Arab descent ....Ok you can tell me you know that joe blow idiot born in any country over there other than the one of arab homeland doesnt have arab descent and values yet the passions of Iraq insurgents
case in point an Iraqi terrorist group has a leader from Jordan another group has a leader from Egypt another group has a leader from afthganastan.....yet another leader comes from the gaza strip and paletinian people so how can we say we have no enemies of arab descent when they come from all over just because they are joined in a common cause

[edit on 25/10/2004 by drbryankkruta]

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chuck Stevenson
What I find intriguing is that the entire incident took place in Florida!

Sunny Florida, home of election problems, Jeb Bush, and the highest rate of consumer fraud in the entire U.S. of A.

Let us not forget Florida the place in shambeles over repeated thrashings of hurricans with an infrastructure distressed at best......a good way to facilitate a cover by using emergency vehicles because so many are out trying to rebuild florida and the border check points are in distress due to damages as well ...........HHHUUUMMMMM just a thought I bet you plenty of bad guys snuck through there lately and I bet they didnt get caught for a while police and fire couldnt even respond to calls cause of badly damaged roads makes you think doesnt it....it might be possible

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by verfed

Now it is the Israeli who are carrying out the ethnic clensing.

death statistics since first intifada

Terror attacks on Israelis by Palestinians

Terror attacks since Oslo

"palestinian" kids tought to kill Jews

"palestinians" call for death of all Jews

"palestinian" policy in their own words

Yassar Arafat quotes

Ethnic cleansing? There are 1.3 peaceful Arabs who are citizens of Israel. There are millions of Arabs in Judea and Samaria and Gaza who want to kill the Jews. The mothers want their sons to blow themselves up in a disco for allah. The kids want to blow themsleves up because the intifada has made their lives terrible. The men want to kill Jews because they are greedy for a country of their own. Araft was born in Cairo, Egypt! He has no connection with Israel other then for 40 years he has tried to destroy Israel and become the leader of a theocracy over Israel.

[edit on 10/24/2004 by verfed]

this was a while back
i was watching the bbc news and i seem to have seen this report on how if you are a muslim and are married to anyone of palstinan origion
you have to seperate or lose your citizenship

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 06:43 AM
link   
You know what I find funny is that there was talk of a civil war or uprising in Israel over the issue of people so PICK TOFT with Sharon and the Gaza disengagement fiasco that noone may need to attack it from outside just send in a couple more seeds of desent to work from inside and they will tear themselves apart and someone can sell tickets and watch it on cable tv

top topics

join