It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News - Shooting at Newtown, Connecticut elementary school.

page: 97
<< 94  95  96    98  99  100 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mully

Originally posted by Wewillallbefree
Ok there are some key points here that haven't been discussed that I think should be:

1. What happened to the suspect wearing the camo pants that was taken into custody either at Lanza's home or outside the school, there have been reports of both

2.The school is right next to a fire department, how come there is no account from firefighters about them trying to enter the school ? Or why did it take so long for 911 call to go out, a firefighter would have called 911 hearing the first shot.

3. They say Lanza fired 100 rounds? He had two pistols, one that took a 15 rd mag, and one that took 17 rd mag. How many times did he reload, and I don't find it normal for a civilian to have more than two mags per weapon.

4. Where did he get a bullet proof vest?

5. Last night on 20/20 one of the teachers said she heard "repetitive gun fire" That leads me to believe that it was automatic.

6. The kid was 20 yrs old, I don't see a 20 yr old being able to malicely murder children like that.

Thoughts?

1. Nothing has come of this so far. Most of the spokesmen I've spoken to in the past 24 hours have not talked about the camoflauge pants person. Only saw it in intial reports related to bad reporting and how fast reports were coming in.

2. The fire department in Sandy Hook is volunteer. Most likely there weren't any responders at the fire house at the time of the shooting.

3. Reports have been varying so far, however most of the police officers and officials that I've spoken to have stated that the shots came from semi-automatic guns.

4. They have no idea how he got the vest right now or are not willing to tell us because they are still investigating.

5. Repititive gun fire could be interpreted many different ways. Semi-automatic, automatic, etc.

6. Klebold and Harris were in high school when they hatched a plan to bomb their cafeteria and shoot as many Columbine students as possible.

You missed a big part of my point on number 3, how many times did he reload? And its not normal for a civilian to have more than a couple of mags wouldn't you agree?

As far as what you said about Columbine, Harris and Klebold targeted those students for religious reasons, and the fact that they were outcasts, Lanza had nothing against these kids, they were innocents, hell he might have never even met them before. Columbine case is one of a completely different kind of motivation.

Also as far as the fire house goes, no one has said anything about whether someone was there or not, and my guess is at that time of the morning, there was probably at least one person on duty.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by aivlas
Anyone been keeping a log of what the news has been saying? Be interesting to know where and when the original statements were made.

Just read through the whole thread, it chronicles the whole thing from the beginning pretty good, with all of the false reports and everything.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   

reply to post by Bildo

Damn guns

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The kids in China survived, big difference.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Donkey_Dean
reply to post by Mully

The cats out of the bag friend.. Have you ever seen the Gunsmith of williamsburg documentary? There will always be guns, and this country is loaded with parts kits etc... The answer is not limiting the lawful gun owners ability to defend himself.

What if the time comes when we need our armor and weapons? No Thanks!
edit on 15-12-2012 by Donkey_Dean because: (no reason given)

You would still have shotguns, pistols, and stock AR-15s. The assault weapons ban doesn't limit what guns you'd have (including .50 cal), it bans what could be put on a gun that could either:

- Make it more concealable.
- Make it more accurate.
- Make it carry more than the legal number of rounds.
- Kill multiple people.
- Make it easier for younger people to handle.
- Be considered a weapon used for assaulting, not defending.

Like I said, you can still defend yourself quite well with a shotgun, pistol, and technically even an assault rifle as long as it doesn't have a telescoping stock, a pistol grip, an extended magainze, bump firing capabilities, and even a grenade launcher.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by cripmeister

They survived physically sure, but their illusion of safety has been shattered forever.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Mully

I do not trust the authorities and as such will never surrender my arms or my armor. The last vestage of freedom you and your children enjoy are afforded to you by the real threat armed insurection poses to the PTB!

More should be done to safe guard our children, but this is America buddy! You will never convince me that an agenda is not what is really behind these slayings! Maybe I am wrong, but what if i am not?

You want a real weapon with no checks required? Ordered right on the internet!
www.gunbroker.com...
A tig welder and about 5 minutes is all thats needed to arm ones self with a full auto UZI! How many parts kits are in country? Hundreds of millions, and for about any type of arm you can think of! Americas citizens are armed to the teeth, and sir thats a good thing for yourself and your children!

You are deluded if you think that you can stem the tide. You very simply seek to move it all underground and make it a criminally controlled enterprise. Gun control just effects the lawful gun owner!

Armed guards at schools is a no brainer, and would have saved these babies!
edit on 15-12-2012 by Donkey_Dean because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by curiouscatty

Now the story is last week the shooter was at the school, for reasons unknown, in a fight with four teachers......

Turns out that its not true...

So where did the main news media get that from? And now again, why did this 20 year old go into that particular school to first shoot the principal and then 20 5-10 year olds?

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
well i'm not an advocate of gun control,
and i'm not a democrat, but i don't think obama was faking the tears.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by DelMarvel
reply to post by Donkey_Dean

I was talking about the mother of the shooter. She had plenty of guns and she not only couldn't protect herself, she was shot by a family member with a gun that was in the house--statistically far more likely than someone using a gun to defend themselves.

well at this point perhaps it's best to say she was allegedly shot by a family member. If someone else did the killing then she may have been taken by total surprise or outnumbered. Lots of details missing still.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   

reply to post by MisterMaster

Sounds like my facebook page

I have a feeling that all their social media accounts are 404'd for a reason.

I had to check and at least one is still up
edit on 15-12-2012 by aivlas because: (no reason given)

The page you are referring to is missing all data. Theres only two pictures left and zero posts. If we are speaking of the same page, there was tons more there yesterday before noon. All wall posts are now gone, as are dates of the update to the page which I find extremely rotten.

That same archived page has 23 pix and roughly 30 wall posts the way I have it. How can one remove pix and posts without the page showing an update!?

One more odd thing. Two of the younger brothers pages has a total of 12 pictures. Not one shows a girl. In fact, in all but two, he is alone. The two that has another person is the guy with the cammo pants. Weird.

In all seriousness though...like honestly...the police have been through all this like me right? I mean, just cuz it sounds significant to me doesnt mean squat, but does anyone think I should contact someone regarding this guy??

I mean, this cats FB page was down 30 minutes after the MSM gave us a name. I just archived all friends pages that were open to the public the instant I got names offline...which got it ten full minutes before television reported it. Is it at all possible that noone involved in the investigation knows of this man? Perhaps page was gone before they thought about it?

Am I bat# crazy?

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Speaking of China ~ Ernst & Young (although its the Canada branch) is currently involved in a lawsuit involving a company in China

Sino-Forest investigation: OSC accuses Ernst & Young of ‘failure to perform sufficient audit’

Ernst & Young is Ryan Lanza's current employer and his father Peters former employer

Some of the ruling on this case have came within the last 2 weeks

Sino-Forest Investigation

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Wewillallbefree

Your point on number 3 is still too early to tell. Did he reload 4x or once? We don't know because we (the media) haven't been told yet. We have not been told much because they're still investigating. Once they know everything for sure, it's our job to tell everyone else.

Again too early to tell if Lanza had something against the kids. What we do know is that Lanza was involved in an incident with four faculty from the school last week. Three of which have been killed. It's not that hard to speculate that the kid snapped after that incident, demanded to get the guns, mom resisted, he shot mom, and went to the school.

The Columbine Massacre was based on the constant harrassment Klebod and Harris took from other classmates. It can be seen in their journals, which detailed their plans for over a year.

As a former volunteer firefighter, a firehouse is vacant in the morning. No one is there unless there was a call late the night before. Otherwise, everyone is either out drinking at the bar or eating at the diner the next morning. Judging from their website's call blotter, they didn't get an emergency call. In November they only got two calls. Based on those two pieces of data alone it's not that hard to believe that no one was at the firehouse at the time. I will call and ask them though.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
There was not one single tear to be seen, totally phony!

Originally posted by undo

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   

There was not one single tear to be seen, totally phony!

i was looking pretty close. and there were several times where he was on the verge of breaking down into sobs and had to stop and regain his composure. if that's acting, it's the best acting i've ever witnessed.

link   

Well yes, others may disagree, but just the picture I saw seemed to me a genuine sadness, anyone feel free to flame, but I get the oddest distinct feeling somehow what happened MAY (still meditating on it) have come from 'over' his head, and like Bush jr. before him he had to be the front guy to try and sell the story line. What a job.

link   

Again too early to tell if Lanza had something against the kids. What we do know is that Lanza was involved in an incident with four faculty from the school last week. Three of which have been killed. It's not that hard to speculate that the kid snapped after that incident, demanded to get the guns, mom resisted, he shot mom, and went to the school.

Thats exactly what we no longer know. Police have denied the claims by news media that Lanza was involved in any incident with the faculty last week (or the day before). I thought thats what caused him to snap and require the guns, but apparently it never happened.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Your point on number 3 is still too early to tell. Did he reload 4x or once? We don't know because we (the media) haven't been told yet. We have not been told much because they're still investigating. Once they know everything for sure, it's our job to tell everyone else.

The Columbine Massacre was based on the constant harrassment Klebod and Harris took from other classmates. It can be seen in their journals, which detailed their plans for over a year.

As a former volunteer firefighter, a firehouse is vacant in the morning. No one is there unless there was a call late the night before. Otherwise, everyone is either out drinking at the bar or eating at the diner the next morning. Judging from their website's call blotter, they didn't get an emergency call. In November they only got two calls. Based on those two pieces of data alone it's not that hard to believe that no one was at the firehouse at the time. I will call and ask them though.

Media has already reported 100 rds were fired, and that has come from the police, as far as Klebold and Harris, I belive harrassment was a major factor, but also religious differences as well, as they targeted a lot of devout Christian Students.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
100 rds fired from a rifle?

No.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tecumte

Well yes, others may disagree, but just the picture I saw seemed to me a genuine sadness, anyone feel free to flame, but I get the oddest distinct feeling somehow what happened MAY (still meditating on it) have come from 'over' his head, and like Bush jr. before him he had to be the front guy to try and sell the story line. What a job.

yeah, being president of any country these days is not for the faint of heart. i certainly wouldn't want the job

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Media has already reported 100 rds were fired, and that has come from the police, as far as Klebold and Harris, I belive harrassment was a major factor, but also religious differences as well, as they targeted a lot of devout Christian Students.

Just a correction to something: Columbine had no specific targets. They wanted to kill everyone in the school. Their plan failed (they intended to have a few bombs go off in the cafeteria and then take out students as they fled. They also planned to attack surrounding houses after they felt they were done at the school).

top topics

<< 94  95  96    98  99  100 >>

join