It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News - Shooting at Newtown, Connecticut elementary school.

page: 96
<< 93  94  95    97  98  99 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Looks like me thoery of her being a possible prepper is sinking. According to drudge "Nancy Lanza was an avid gun collector and regularly target shot with her family."

I must admit though...that begs other questions. I have both brothers' social media pages archived. I can tell you there is never a mention of their mother in any year back to 2006. No pictures of this family gathering for target practice, no posts by either brother to the other asking anything about family or otherwise.

It was also reported early on that the family wasnt all that close. That the brothers hadn't even had contact in 3 years which atleast social media wise (both shared 3 social media sites), I can prove without a doubt.

Each had over a hundred friends on one social media site and yet...their posts to any are very very sporadic. All pictures on all sites posted by both have a total of 3 whole comments for over 75 pictures.

I dont do social media sites, but it seems strange how people could garner friends on a site where they dont really seem to log onto much.

Further this by my earlier post stating both of these guys only subscribed to ONE particular social media page done by a person who obviously has serious emotional and mental issues....like severe. This guy lives right smack in the middle of the brothers. This man has many pictures of himself shooting. In every single one...100%...this guy is wearing black top and cammo pants...no vest tho. Black tops and cammo...sound familiar??

Could this man be a second gunman on the grassy knoll?

Post may tick some members off, but frankly, I dont really care. I have a feeling that all their social media accounts are 404'd for a reason. If there is one...I aim to find it.

*Edit* The person who "owns" the page both brothers subscribed to has only two friends...the brothers. COME ON! I call shennanigans.

edit on 15-12-2012 by MisterMaster because: more info

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by DelMarvel

Are you a little dense? Trained personal could have more than protected the students and very likely would have diswayed him from trying at all.

The most destructive weapon I have ever fired was a home made full auto 12 gauge. Banning weapons from lawful gun owners is no answer at all! If you think that any law will keep guns out of the hands of criminals you are tripping!
edit on 15-12-2012 by Donkey_Dean because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by FinalCountdown
Now I'm starting to think that

A: we will of course keep our guns, because it would be impossible to remove them or even vote them illegal.

and

B: we will now have a military presence at every school, mall, hospital, park, square, concert, etc..

Martial Law

Police State 2013

Let's all go to Wal-Mart and pick up a few firearms and extra ammo.

not thinking it thru.

nobody said have armed government forces to secure these areas. we are talking about arming citizens.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mully

Originally posted by timesacomin

Originally posted by Donkey_Dean
Maybe this is not very politically correct, but every school should have weapons behind lock and key and folks trained to use them. Then at least the threat of instant death would deter some, and the rest could be met on equal ground. This kind of thing just does not happen and paired with a clear agenda leaves me wondering if the there is more to this story. Take our armor and assault rifles and we will be left as defenseless as these poor poor souls. Common sense says armed guards should stand watch over our children or at the very least have arms available to trained personnel.

I understand where you're coming from, but what if there's a shooting at a home for the elderly after that? Should we have armed guards there? What if there's a shooting at a pickup basketball game in a park? Should we have armed guards at parks?

Rather than have reactive guards, have proactive laws restricting the use of certain weapons and who they can be trained by. Have independent psychological background checks and a longer wait period to get a gun. Remove the gun show and exto-facto loopholes. Create a buyback program for the exto-facto magazines as well as certain attachments that would be illegal under the assault weapons ban.

and how do we find all the weapons out there already. seriously, think it thru. your still far from it. not to mention securing the borders from weapons entering.

seriously.

Most of the weapons that Mexican cartels get are from Arizona. Gun laws are so strict in Mexico, that they come to the US to buy them. They're not bringing them here.

We find all of these weapons by issuing a gun census. We first catalog the guns, attachments, and magazines, then issue a buy back program a few years down the road.

i know this. dear.

but they are there now arent they?

yes.

so now what?

get a big magnet hang it to a helicopter and fly over mexico to get the guns back...

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by curiouscatty

Now the story is last week the shooter was at the school, for reasons unknown, in a fight with four teachers......

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by MisterMaster

Sounds like my facebook page

I have a feeling that all their social media accounts are 404'd for a reason.

I had to check and at least one is still up
edit on 15-12-2012 by aivlas because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Mully

The cats out of the bag friend.. Have you ever seen the Gunsmith of williamsburg documentary? There will always be guns, and this country is loaded with parts kits etc... The answer is not limiting the lawful gun owners ability to defend himself.

What if the time comes when we need our armor and weapons? No Thanks!

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I disagree on the social media aspect of having friends on there and not logging on much. I have a number of friends that created Facebooks, added friends from high school, etc, and very rarely log on. They do upload pictures every once in a while, and that's about it. So that wouldn't be too uncommon for anyone to do.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Go back to my post on Page 98 I think, the police have in custody a man with camo pants and a black top.....

Originally posted by MisterMaster
Looks like me thoery of her being a possible prepper is sinking. According to drudge "Nancy Lanza was an avid gun collector and regularly target shot with her family."

I must admit though...that begs other questions. I have both brothers' social media pages archived. I can tell you there is never a mention of their mother in any year back to 2006. No pictures of this family gathering for target practice, no posts by either brother to the other asking anything about family or otherwise.

It was also reported early on that the family wasnt all that close. That the brothers hadn't even had contact in 3 years which atleast social media wise (both shared 3 social media sites), I can prove without a doubt.

Each had over a hundred friends on one social media site and yet...their posts to any are very very sporadic. All pictures on all sites posted by both have a total of 3 whole comments for over 75 pictures.

I dont do social media sites, but it seems strange how people could garner friends on a site where they dont really seem to log onto much.

Further this by my earlier post stating both of these guys only subscribed to ONE particular social media page done by a person who obviously has serious emotional and mental issues....like severe. This guy lives right smack in the middle of the brothers. This man has many pictures of himself shooting. In every single one...100%...this guy is wearing black top and cammo pants...no vest tho.

Could this man be a second gunman on the grassy knoll?

Post may tick some members off, but frankly, I dont really care. I have a feeling that all their social media accounts are 404'd for a reason. If there is one...I aim to find it.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

thank you for answering me. I find this truely BIZARRE. is it just me or did "they" seem certain this lady was a teacher yesterday??! Ive been reading ATS quietly for years & found this bizarre enough to finally join in on the convo. so Hello
wow im majorly confused about how teachers & school board ppl are now coming out saying they've never heard of her.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Maybe this is not very politically correct, but every school should have weapons behind lock and key and folks trained to use them. Then at least the threat of instant death would deter some, and the rest could be met on equal ground. This kind of thing just does not happen and paired with a clear agenda leaves me wondering if the there is more to this story. Take our armor and assault rifles and we will be left as defenseless as these poor poor souls. Common sense says armed guards should stand watch over our children or at the very least have arms available to trained personnel.

I understand where you're coming from, but what if there's a shooting at a home for the elderly after that? Should we have armed guards there? What if there's a shooting at a pickup basketball game in a park? Should we have armed guards at parks?

Rather than have reactive guards, have proactive laws restricting the use of certain weapons and who they can be trained by. Have independent psychological background checks and a longer wait period to get a gun. Remove the gun show and exto-facto loopholes. Create a buyback program for the exto-facto magazines as well as certain attachments that would be illegal under the assault weapons ban.

and how do we find all the weapons out there already. seriously, think it thru. your still far from it. not to mention securing the borders from weapons entering.

seriously.

Most of the weapons that Mexican cartels get are from Arizona. Gun laws are so strict in Mexico, that they come to the US to buy them. They're not bringing them here.

We find all of these weapons by issuing a gun census. We first catalog the guns, attachments, and magazines, then issue a buy back program a few years down the road.

yes, because people who spent hundreds to thousands of dollars on firearms would turn them in for money. really.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   

get a big magnet hang it to a helicopter and fly over mexico to get the guns back...

I would love to see that, that would be pretty funny to watch. Imagine all the other stuff that would get sucked up. People with metal plates in their heads, screws in broken bones. That would be a good channel to have on TV.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wewillallbefree
Ok there are some key points here that haven't been discussed that I think should be:

1. What happened to the suspect wearing the camo pants that was taken into custody either at Lanza's home or outside the school, there have been reports of both

2.The school is right next to a fire department, how come there is no account from firefighters about them trying to enter the school ? Or why did it take so long for 911 call to go out, a firefighter would have called 911 hearing the first shot.

3. They say Lanza fired 100 rounds? He had two pistols, one that took a 15 rd mag, and one that took 17 rd mag. How many times did he reload, and I don't find it normal for a civilian to have more than two mags per weapon.

4. Where did he get a bullet proof vest?

5. Last night on 20/20 one of the teachers said she heard "repetitive gun fire" That leads me to believe that it was automatic.

6. The kid was 20 yrs old, I don't see a 20 yr old being able to malicely murder children like that.

Thoughts?

1. Nothing has come of this so far. Most of the spokesmen I've spoken to in the past 24 hours have not talked about the camoflauge pants person. Only saw it in intial reports related to bad reporting and how fast reports were coming in.

2. The fire department in Sandy Hook is volunteer. Most likely there weren't any responders at the fire house at the time of the shooting.

3. Reports have been varying so far, however most of the police officers and officials that I've spoken to have stated that the shots came from semi-automatic guns.

4. They have no idea how he got the vest right now or are not willing to tell us because they are still investigating.

5. Repititive gun fire could be interpreted many different ways. Semi-automatic, automatic, etc.

6. Klebold and Harris were in high school when they hatched a plan to bomb their cafeteria and shoot as many Columbine students as possible.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by curiouscatty

Yep, first she was a teacher at the school, shot dead in the classroom. Then she was a teacher at the school, but dead at home. At one point sources were saying she was not dead at all.

The father was first reported dead in NJ, then dead in CT, then alive. The "facts" here are all over the place, except the lone gunman part.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   

seriously.

i know this. dear.

but they are there now arent they?

yes.

so now what?

The gun census would probably take over 95% of the guns that would be deemed illegal under the Federal Assault Weapons ban. The other 5% would have to taken by using police authorities and creating a better border patrol. Remember these weapons would most likely be coming through Mexico.

Also, you have to remember that pistols, shotguns, and rifles deemed to not be assualt weapons (stock AR-15s) would still be legal. If a citizen wants to protect himself, they still can.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Donkey_Dean

I was talking about the mother of the shooter. She had plenty of guns and she not only couldn't protect herself, she was shot by a family member with a gun that was in the house--statistically far more likely than someone using a gun to defend themselves.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

A 6 year old escaped with his friends. He said that the gunman did not say a word and just stared not even noticing him walking by. His father said on the news his son waited for his friends and is hero etc...

This looks like anouther Zombie shooter to me! Personally I am calling BS. This kind of thing just does not happen and paired with a clear agenda reads like a book.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Anyone been keeping a log of what the news has been saying? Be interesting to know where and when the original statements were made.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by aivlas

Well this thread does that, it is a lot of reading though.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by DelMarvel
reply to post by Donkey_Dean

I was talking about the mother of the shooter. She had plenty of guns and she not only couldn't protect herself, she was shot by a family member with a gun that was in the house--statistically far more likely than someone using a gun to defend themselves.

Well sir, if I wanted to shoot you there is not anything you could do either, but if you were in a guarded secure facility then it changes things, does it not!

new topics

top topics

<< 93  94  95    97  98  99 >>

join