It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News - Shooting at Newtown, Connecticut elementary school.

page: 95
<< 92  93  94    96  97  98 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mully

Originally posted by MotherMayEye

reply to post by MotherMayEye

I have not been confused once. According to you, banning assault weapons would prove futile because the CIA would just sell them to the black market to put them back into the hands of criminals. I argued that even if that happened we would still have a police force that could deal with them.

edit on 15-12-2012 by Mully because: (no reason given)

Ah, so you are saying that the criminals will FINALLY be dealt with before tragedies like this happen. I got you now.

*rolls her eyes*

Tragedies like this are unfortunately always going to happen. To do nothing about them is a tragedy in itself. What do you propose we do to stop something like this? Guns for every newborn?

Guns for every newborn? Get a life. You have a real fear of substantial debate and communication. Deal with that, then we'll talk.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   

It's a shame that a lot of the replies in here are already trying to create a conspiracy theory when there's none to be had. A crazy kid who had an incident with four teachers (three are now dead) last week, forced himself into the elementary school and started a rampage because of what had happened earlier in the week. From the most recent reports, the mother did not work there. The mother, is likely the body the police found in the Lanza home after the shooting.

That's all we know right now.

No actually we know now ,and many of us expected, the wires are starting to ratchet up the talk of disarming Americans, perhaps like their Australian, British, and Canadian couterparts, (based on many similarities).

Look at how the Mockingbird sings: hmmm

"Could Shooting Be a gun control Tipping Point" (who'd ever have guessed?)

Not to start any big gun debate pro or con. but rather, just to show, right on scedule, here it comes a potential motive, that MAY have had a hand in this tragedy. This story is all over the net and newswires repeated as if by syncophant parrots. As expected:

www.huffingtonpost.com...

edit on 15-12-2012 by Tecumte because: pnct.

edit on 15-12-2012 by Tecumte because: text, link added

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Tecumte

This has been a talking point since 1999 and probably earlier than that. Who care if there's debate on it? There's a reason people are talking about it.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

I have not been confused once. According to you, banning assault weapons would prove futile because the CIA would just sell them to the black market to put them back into the hands of criminals. I argued that even if that happened we would still have a police force that could deal with them.

Ah, so you are saying that the criminals will FINALLY be dealt with before tragedies like this happen. I got you now.

*rolls her eyes*

Tragedies like this are unfortunately always going to happen. To do nothing about them is a tragedy in itself. What do you propose we do to stop something like this? Guns for every newborn?

Guns for every newborn? Get a life. You have a real fear of substantial debate and communication. Deal with that, then we'll talk.

All I'm asking is if you have a solution. Based on your responses you wouldn't like more gun control or the reinstatement of the Federal Assault Weapons Ban. What would be your solution then?

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by juicebox

it was disgusting the irrelevant questions they were asking like, what were the children wearing??? and sadly they will not leave the victims families alone....they have already had in-home interviews

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
This kind of thing just does not happen and paired with a clear agenda leaves me wondering if the there is more to this story. A whole kindergarten class is overkill!

Common sense says armed guards should stand watch over our children or at the very least have secured arms available to trained personnel. Then at least the threat of instant death would deter some, and the rest could be met on equal ground.

Take our armor and assault rifles and we will be left as defenseless as these poor poor souls. I am a father and I think we should meet any threat with real common sense approaches. Had there been armed guards present this whole thing could have been avoided. My sixth sense say gun control agenda is all over this! We just assumed no one would gun down babies, but really we just needed to look at the toll we have taken from Iraq and Afghainstans children to know exactly what they are capable of!

If you have any doubt that it is possible to engineer this kind of event you are very wrong. Who had the most to gain here? That is the real question we should be asking.

edit on 15-12-2012 by Donkey_Dean because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Such a sad thing, what is this world comming too

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   

*rolls her eyes*

All I'm asking is if you have a solution. Based on your responses you wouldn't like more gun control or the reinstatement of the Federal Assault Weapons Ban. What would be your solution then?

Why would I waste my thoughts on someone defensive who is just going to twist my words into irrational arguments? No thanks, I'm not interested in sharing with you.

Good luck with your approach, though.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Donkey_Dean
Maybe this is not very politically correct, but every school should have weapons behind lock and key and folks trained to use them. Then at least the threat of instant death would deter some, and the rest could be met on equal ground. This kind of thing just does not happen and paired with a clear agenda leaves me wondering if the there is more to this story. Take our armor and assault rifles and we will be left as defenseless as these poor poor souls. Common sense says armed guards should stand watch over our children or at the very least have arms available to trained personnel.

I understand where you're coming from, but what if there's a shooting at a home for the elderly after that? Should we have armed guards there? What if there's a shooting at a pickup basketball game in a park? Should we have armed guards at parks?

Rather than have reactive guards, have proactive laws restricting the use of certain weapons and who they can be trained by. Have independent psychological background checks and a longer wait period to get a gun. Remove the gun show and exto-facto loopholes. Create a buyback program for the exto-facto magazines as well as certain attachments that would be illegal under the assault weapons ban.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   

*rolls her eyes*

Why would I waste my thoughts on someone defensive who is just going to twist my words into irrational arguments? No thanks, I'm not interested in sharing with you.

Good luck with your approach, though.

Beyond my opening remark about the CIA Mossad Alien overlords, I think I've given you a fair opportunity to debate with me. I've given you a part of what I'd do. You've criticized those suggestions. What would your solution be?

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Donkey_Dean

Apparently Nancy Lanza's weapons didn't protect her. She was armed to the teeth and wound up getting shot by her own gun.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Archie
Hi all, first post, sad circumstances.

I haven't caught up with the last 20-odd pages so I'm not sure if anyone else has mentioned that Peter Lanza is due to give evidence to the Dept. of Justice's investigation into the Libor rate-fixing case just as James Holmes' dad was.

www.godlikeproductions.com...

Anybody else take a look at this? I remember a particular thread, here, but noticed it was moved into the "HOAX" forum. The post was in regards to Aurora gunman suspect James Holmes' father and his position with FICO.

Perhaps there is more to the fathers of these shooters, noting the position at GE held by Peter Lanza. Probably best to be discussed in a separate threat.

- RIP to all those who were taken in this latest tragedy -

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Maybe this is not very politically correct, but every school should have weapons behind lock and key and folks trained to use them. Then at least the threat of instant death would deter some, and the rest could be met on equal ground. This kind of thing just does not happen and paired with a clear agenda leaves me wondering if the there is more to this story. Take our armor and assault rifles and we will be left as defenseless as these poor poor souls. Common sense says armed guards should stand watch over our children or at the very least have arms available to trained personnel.

I understand where you're coming from, but what if there's a shooting at a home for the elderly after that? Should we have armed guards there? What if there's a shooting at a pickup basketball game in a park? Should we have armed guards at parks?

Rather than have reactive guards, have proactive laws restricting the use of certain weapons and who they can be trained by. Have independent psychological background checks and a longer wait period to get a gun. Remove the gun show and exto-facto loopholes. Create a buyback program for the exto-facto magazines as well as certain attachments that would be illegal under the assault weapons ban.

and how do we find all the weapons out there already. seriously, think it thru. your still far from it. not to mention securing the borders from weapons entering.

seriously.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Now I'm starting to think that

A: we will of course keep our guns, because it would be impossible to remove them or even vote them illegal.

and

B: we will now have a military presence at every school, mall, hospital, park, square, concert, etc..

Martial Law

Police State 2013

Let's all go to Wal-Mart and pick up a few firearms and extra ammo.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   

reply to post by Tecumte

This has been a talking point since 1999 and probably earlier than that. Who care if there's debate on it? There's a reason people are talking about it.

Sure there's a reason, it's natural to work through lifes traumas, but at the same time it's clear to me, from the link I posted, those who saw what was coming were pretty accurate. Look at how the media is parroting the suggestion. People say it could never happen here, I have to say wakey wakey, I bet the good old Aussies said the same thing. Oh well. I'm just hoping poeple stay reasonably vigilant. The Agenda seems very clear to me and from what I've read here and all over the net to alot of other people as well. How far will 'they' go to achieve it. After 9-11 anything is possible. Virtually anything.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by timesacomin

and how do we find all the weapons out there already. seriously, think it thru. your still far from it. not to mention securing the borders from weapons entering.

seriously.

Most of the weapons that Mexican cartels get are from Arizona. Gun laws are so strict in Mexico, that they come to the US to buy them. They're not bringing them here.

We find all of these weapons by issuing a gun census. We first catalog the guns, attachments, and magazines, then issue a buy back program a few years down the road.

link   

Originally posted by DelMarvel
reply to post by Donkey_Dean

Apparently Nancy Lanza's weapons didn't protect her. She was armed to the teeth and wound up getting shot by her own gun.

simple. she was obviously untrained. always keep it on you, always be prepared. plus its her son you moron. she probably woulnt shoot anyways.

link   
Ok there are some key points here that haven't been discussed that I think should be:

1. What happened to the suspect wearing the camo pants that was taken into custody either at Lanza's home or outside the school, there have been reports of both

2.The school is right next to a fire department, how come there is no account from firefighters about them trying to enter the school ? Or why did it take so long for 911 call to go out, a firefighter would have called 911 hearing the first shot.

3. They say Lanza fired 100 rounds? He had two pistols, one that took a 15 rd mag, and one that took 17 rd mag. How many times did he reload, and I don't find it normal for a civilian to have more than two mags per weapon.

4. Where did he get a bullet proof vest?

5. Last night on 20/20 one of the teachers said she heard "repetitive gun fire" That leads me to believe that it was automatic.

6. The kid was 20 yrs old, I don't see a 20 yr old being able to malicely murder children like that.

Thoughts?

link   
reply to post by Plan2exist18

Good find.
There definitely is only a tight-knit group involved in the "dirty work" of all of this.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
first time posting....
can someone please explain to me why CNN is now reporting online and quite a few other sources that NANCY LANZA was NOT I repeat NOTTT a teacher at all!!??? Hello! Confusing, mis information conspiracy etc etc.
A google search for "Nancy Lanza was not a teacher" will show what Im talking about.
Explain to me this please smart ATS members!!!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 92  93  94    96  97  98 >>

join