It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News - Shooting at Newtown, Connecticut elementary school.

page: 93
<< 90  91  92    94  95  96 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by DelMarvel

Originally posted by butcherguy
why was there so much false info put out by the media that was attributed to law enforcement sources?

Because this all just happened and the law enforcement sources didn't know for certain what was going on either?

Deny ignorance. It's easy to make up conspiracy theories in the basement. In the real world when you're talking about an incident like this involving hundreds of people, many of them children, multiple law enforcement agencies, news hungry media and an entire town full of rumors of course there will be confusion and misinformation about what is going on.

Well surely they know whether or not they found a body at the 1313 (interesting numbers) Grant St. was it?
address on the morning of the shooting when they went looking for Mr. Ryan Lanza.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by PaperbackWriter

Originally posted by Mully
reply to post by butcherguy

Just because people got their reports wrong does not mean their retractions were coverups.

In pertaining to the roping off of the Dad's house, I've yet to see a single credible report talking about that. Color me a corporate shill, but there's a reason not a single news source outside of the pseudo-media is not reporting it.

Dad's house was in Stamford. So wasn't his house.
So who lived at the house in Hoboken where there WAS apparently a crime scene tape and body found?

The brother lives in Hoboken. They were there investigating. Doesn't mean he's dead. Not if he talked with the officers. Said the Father and the Ryan were corporating with authorities.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Medical examiner on CNN right now, said all the kids he autopsied were hit more then once, all over their bodies...sad...link, turn on CNN....

link   

Originally posted by MotherMayEye

reply to post by roguetechie

I don't see why the assault weapons ban, the institution of a psychological background checks, and the elimination of gun show loopholes should not be considered. I know it wouldn't have stopped the shooter in this situation, but a psychological background check and the elimination of loopholes would have stopped or flagged Klebold, Harris, and Holmes.

Gun guys can still have their guns, but what's the need for a citizen to arm themselves with military grade weapons when most of them are not trained to handle such weapons.

Not to worry. If any kind of weapon is made illegal, the CIA will make sure to sell them to those people who don't want to follow the law.

So I guess we should all just commit suicide then? I mean from what I gather, the Reptillian Alien CIA Mossad overlords control everything and we're all doomed and all school shootings, terrorist attacks, and even natural disasters are created by "them." Why bother living right?

link   

Originally posted by Manhater

Just because people got their reports wrong does not mean their retractions were coverups.

In pertaining to the roping off of the Dad's house, I've yet to see a single credible report talking about that. Color me a corporate shill, but there's a reason not a single news source outside of the pseudo-media is not reporting it.

So who lived at the house in Hoboken where there WAS apparently a crime scene tape and body found?

The brother lives in Hoboken. They were there investigating. Doesn't mean he's dead. Not if he talked with the officers. Said the Father and the Ryan were corporating with authorities.

Yes, we know... Read this thread from page ONE to see how this went down.

We know the brother is alive- That isnt the point, really.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by aivlas

Police indicated today they have "some very good evidence" about the motive behind Adam Lanza's massacre at the Sandy Hook Elementary School and said that the sole person to survive being shot by Lanza will be "instrumental" in the probe.

abcnews.go.com...

@Tecumte and TKDRL I agree is f'd

edit on 15-12-2012 by aivlas because: (no reason given)

reply to post by TKDRL

It may not make sense unless you were in his head
abcnews.go.com...
edit on 15-12-2012 by aivlas because: (no reason given)

Sadly, if he was autistic, IF, his reason may never make sense to us, only to him. Sometimes they live in their world and they come out long enough to visit ours.

(Parent of an Autistic)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Well, they claimed they found a body there and placed crime scene tape. Who's body was it?
It wasn't Ryan's. It wasn't Peter's.

Reporters were saying they had traced Adam to travelling to Hoboken the day before and that HE killed whoever this mystery person was.
I was speculating that what if it were Adam himself who was dead.
There is a report of that very thing posted here upthread by a CNN Justice correspondant, I believe.
edit on 15-12-2012 by PaperbackWriter because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by MotherMayEye

reply to post by roguetechie

I don't see why the assault weapons ban, the institution of a psychological background checks, and the elimination of gun show loopholes should not be considered. I know it wouldn't have stopped the shooter in this situation, but a psychological background check and the elimination of loopholes would have stopped or flagged Klebold, Harris, and Holmes.

Gun guys can still have their guns, but what's the need for a citizen to arm themselves with military grade weapons when most of them are not trained to handle such weapons.

Not to worry. If any kind of weapon is made illegal, the CIA will make sure to sell them to those people who don't want to follow the law.

So I guess we should all just commit suicide then? I mean from what I gather, the Reptillian Alien CIA Mossad overlords control everything and we're all doomed and all school shootings, terrorist attacks, and even natural disasters are created by "them." Why bother living right?

Nice way to frame my argument into an entirely different one involving reptilians, aliens, Mossad and HAARP.

The CIA runs drugs and guns. That isn't far fetched, it's fact. And they will be happy to run guns in the U.S. should they get a chance.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Well, they claimed they found a body there and placed crime scene tape. Who's body was it?
It wasn't Ryan's. It wasn't Peter's.

Reporters were saying they had traced Adam to travelling to Hoboken the day before and that HE killed whoever this mystery person was.
I was speculating that what if it were Adam himself who was dead.
There is a report of that very thing posted here upthread.

The thing is, that report is completely and utterly false.

NEWTOWN, CT - The Sandy Hook school principal and another staffer were killed after lunging at a gunman who forced his way inside to begin a deadly shooting spree, the regional school superintendent said Saturday. The principal, Dawn Hochsprung, 47, and school psychologist Mary Sherlach, 56, died along with 4 other adults and 20 children in the second deadliest mass shooting in U.S. history.

The alleged shooter, 20-year old Adam Lanza, was found dead at the scene, and his mother, Nancy Lanza, was discovered dead at their home. Newtown school superintendent Janet Robinson told reporters that the two educators and other staff members had put themselves in harms way to protect children once it became clear the school was under siege.
"The teachers were really, really focused on saving their students," Robinson said.

Police on Saturday said evidence recovered at gunman Lanza's home may provide a motive for the massacre. State police spokesman Lt. Paul Vance declined to provide specifics about the evidence but said, "we're hopeful it will paint a complete picture."

Authorities say Lanza killed his mother at their home Friday morning before driving to Sandy Hook.

Armed with two semi-automatic pistols, Lanza rapidly sprayed bullets in hallways and classrooms. Lanza killed himself before police officers could reach him. Lt. Vance said all the bodies were removed from the school overnight.

A medical examiner is expected to release the names of the victims later today. Police have assigned a trooper to
support each victim's family in the days ahead. Vance asked reporters to respect the families' grief and privacy.

"This is an extremely heartbreaking thing for them to endure," Lt. Vance said.

Police were expected to release the names of the victims Saturday afternoon. Some names were already being disclosed by family members, including teachers Lauren Rousseau, 30, and Vicki Soto, 27. It will likely take investigators two more days to process the school crime scene where it is believed Lanza fired as many as 100 rounds from his guns.

"It's going to be a slow, painstaking process," Lt. Vance said.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Mully

First off you are dead wrong about most people not being trained to handle "military grade weapons"

For one unless you are either a Current Federal Firearms License holder or are willing to fill out an ATF form 4 wait a year and pay a 200 dollar transfer tax on top of the around 15 thousand dollars a registered select fire m16 will run you the weapons most of us possess and that they are wanting to ban are NOT in fact military grade! What most people including myself own are semi automatic variants of these rifles. Meaning for one pull of the trigger only one bullet comes out or you risk facing 10 years in federal prison. Also it should be noted that when compared to your average deer rifle most so called assault weapons are woefully underpowered. As a matter of fact the AR 15 in it's original configuration was for a long time mostly bought by varmint hunters to hunt prairie dogs and other small nuisance animals.

Second off there are a vast majority of people that own so called assault weapons that spend thousands or tens of thousands of dollars taking courses that offer training up to or vastly EXCEEDING Police Swat team training standards. I am one of those people btw.

Third you seem to be mistakenly under the impression that the second amendment is meant to guarantee us access to guns but only guns we can use to hunt or sport shoot with... On this you are once again DEAD WRONG. The second amendment exists to guarantee the average citizen access to weapons generally equivalent to what a well equipped infantryman in a first world army is issued. This by the way is not my personal interpretation of the second amendment but the founding father's explicit intent for the amendment as referenced in any number of supplemental publications from the post revolutionary war period. It has also by the way been the position of the supreme court that this is what the second amendment exists to do as well as evidenced by the court case USA versus Miller in the 1950's. United States Vs Miller To summarize the case USA vs Miller states in plain english that the reason Miller lost his case is because a sawed off shotgun is not a weapon that is considered to be militarily useful nor are there any held in the stocks of the American armed forces or various guard forces. Notice that he lost because the weapon was not militarily useful and therefore WAS NOT COVERED BY THE SECOND AMENDMENT.

Finally I would like to point out to you that entrusting the government with the ability to deny access to firearms to anyone on the grounds of "mental health" would be a grievous mistake. As it is now many veterans have lost their rights to own firearms through some back handed dirty dealing at the federal level. Also it should be noted that even if you are declared mentally fit again the office that was supposed to exist to allow people to have their gun rights reinstated was almost immediately defunded within a couple years after it came into existence.

You should also note that Hitler, Pol Pot, Stalin, and a whole host of other nasty people have started their slide into despotism by passing "common sense" gun registration laws.

In closing I would like to say once again that while these incidents are tragic the solution is not MORE PROHIBITION. The true solution is to universally repudiate the IDIOTIC and frighteningly dangerous gun free zones that are popping up more and more in our country (with the exception of courthouses and or other places with heavily armed security staff that can GUARANTEE your security for you of course) since well over 90% of all of the rampage shootings in recent years have happened in areas where law abiding citizens are not allowed to be armed.

Also you should reread my post and pay careful attention to the part where out of the 60 rampage shootings that have happened since 1999 NONE of them have happened in the state of Utah where licensed concealed carry holders, including teachers, can carry at both colleges and primary schools. There were in fact 2 attempted shootings in Utah both of which were stopped by ARMED CITIZENS not the police before there was ANY BLOODSHED. Yes that's right not even the gunman died!

If you really want to see incidents like this stopped you will fight as hard as you can for universal concealed carry reciprocity agreements as well as bills overturning the federal ban on carry in schools, especially for teachers.
Personally it is my belief that we entrust the school system with the lives and minds of our children and they should take that seriously by arming and training teachers to defend our children should the worst happen.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by MotherMayEye

Your point states that no matter what the man is going to get us. Enough with the "boogeyman is going to get you!" crap. I really don't care if the CIA sells them or the government scraps the guns for parts and metal, there's no need for assault rifles in mostly civilian hands.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Now it looks like the supposed girlfriend is really Adam's older brother's girlfriend. So, we can scratch her off the list now of anyone with some insight.

Police are not saying who she is, but presumably she is in a relationship with Ryan, and not Adam, the young man who slaughtered more than two dozen people at a grade school in Newtown, CT. Right after the Friday morning rampage, police were originally saying the woman was missing somewhere in New Jersey. That also happens to be where Ryan, the older brother who had nothing to do with the massacre, resides. So, it appears she is linked to the elder sibling.

news.gather.com...

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Riddlesinthedark
reply to post by 00nunya00

i have inside info about this thing, the school is pissing distance from me and i have a source employed in the school in question being told to not talk to anyone about what they know. if you dont want to hear the details then you obviously arent interested in the truth
" about what they know", implying they know things that will never be reavealed or they simply aren't to talk while an investigation is ongoing? The latter seems fairly normal.

I don't really see any conspiracy with this apart from I'd bet the guy was on antidepressants that fuelled a rage within him , that he would never have felt before. I read he had a personality disorder, perhaps he was on medication for it? I'm just speculating.

Has a motive been established yet?

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Mully

Speak for yourself. If you don't want one, then don't buy one. That simple.....
Just stay out of the country areas, lots and lots of scary guns here

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   

reply to post by MotherMayEye

Your point states that no matter what the man is going to get us. Enough with the "boogeyman is going to get you!" crap.

I didn't make any such point. YOU DID. Hence my saying that you reframed my argument. Keep up, this was covered.

My point is that your solution will result in other consequences that have to be dealt with, namely criminals purchasing illegals weapons. So your solution stops short. You didn't mention any checks and balances on an illegal weapons trade involving an existing corrupt subversive government, so it wasn't all that great of a solution.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

I have a Remington 870. I'm for the Second Amendment, but there comes a point where owning certain weapons, ammunition, or attachments is just plain crazy. Those things only serve two purposes: the culture of guns, and killing other people.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Mully, so you think this is the solid gold real deal as opposed to the 24 hours of hogwash we've been treated to prior?

NEWTOWN, CT - The Sandy Hook school principal and another staffer were killed after lunging at a gunman who forced his way inside to begin a deadly shooting spree, the regional school superintendent said Saturday. The principal, Dawn Hochsprung, 47, and school psychologist Mary Sherlach, 56, died along with 4 other adults and 20 children in the second deadliest mass shooting in U.S. history.

The alleged shooter, 20-year old Adam Lanza, was found dead at the scene, and his mother, Nancy Lanza, was discovered dead at their home. Newtown school superintendent Janet Robinson told reporters that the two educators and other staff members had put themselves in harms way to protect children once it became clear the school was under siege.
"The teachers were really, really focused on saving their students," Robinson said.

Police on Saturday said evidence recovered at gunman Lanza's home may provide a motive for the massacre. State police spokesman Lt. Paul Vance declined to provide specifics about the evidence but said, "we're hopeful it will paint a complete picture."

Authorities say Lanza killed his mother at their home Friday morning before driving to Sandy Hook.

Armed with two semi-automatic pistols, Lanza rapidly sprayed bullets in hallways and classrooms. Lanza killed himself before police officers could reach him. Lt. Vance said all the bodies were removed from the school overnight.

A medical examiner is expected to release the names of the victims later today. Police have assigned a trooper to
support each victim's family in the days ahead. Vance asked reporters to respect the families' grief and privacy.

"This is an extremely heartbreaking thing for them to endure," Lt. Vance said.

Police were expected to release the names of the victims Saturday afternoon. Some names were already being disclosed by family members, including teachers Lauren Rousseau, 30, and Vicki Soto, 27. It will likely take investigators two more days to process the school crime scene where it is believed Lanza fired as many as 100 rounds from his guns.

"It's going to be a slow, painstaking process," Lt. Vance said.

That one reeks of laundry detergent, if I do say so myself.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by roguetechie
reply to post by Mully

If you really want to see incidents like this stopped you will fight as hard as you can for universal concealed carry reciprocity agreements as well as bills overturning the federal ban on carry in schools, especially for teachers.
Personally it is my belief that we entrust the school system with the lives and minds of our children and they should take that seriously by arming and training teachers to defend our children should the worst happen.

I agree with this. Why not set it up like ongoing training for teachers. Let the ones that want to take the classes take them & let them legally carry in schools. Go as far as putting a small gun safe in the classrooms that only the teachers have access too. It would not be that hard to do this.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Mully

So only the guns you feel are okeydokey should be allowed, how convenient. That way you are not inconvenienced or hindered at all, just other people. It's funny how most people are like that. Those folks with great public transportation in their area, think it's a great idea to ban personal vehicles, screw everyone else.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Wow, just got through reading this thread, and am amazed at all the different theories.

Craziness.

top topics

<< 90  91  92    94  95  96 >>

join