It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News - Shooting at Newtown, Connecticut elementary school.

page: 90
<< 87  88  89    91  92  93 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by all2human
reply to post by TKDRL

daddy didn''t get rich sitting at home around the dinner table showing love,respect and understanding..
you put in what you get out...

edit on 15-12-2012 by all2human because: (no reason given)

You are 100% right. That should be embroidered into a wall hanging and should hang in every kitchen. Make your money before you have kids. Work 9-5 and sit down every night for dinner.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I know you would have to have some type of problem to be killing anyone let alone kids it does not mean the killer was mentally ill. I've seen reports he MAY have suffered from a personailty disorder, that he was SHY and that he MAY have had OCD. I have no sympathy for the guy but try not to stigmatise all OCD and people with personality disorders as a step away from this type of event. I've seen a few posts that could be taken that way.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProfessorT
I don't blame people for having open minds but what I do blame people for is silliness on a subject they may have only followed whilst it was unfolding on the news. I am getting so sick and tired of seeing people posting ridiculous comments about government conspiracies such as the 'government killing people on purpose so they can introduce new gun laws'. If I was a relative of any of these people who were murdered yesterday I would be truly offended by some of the comments in this thread. Not everything is a conspiracy.

People are already pulling videos from Youtube in order to strengthen their alleged conspiracies surrounding the event. What you have to remember is that the witnesses would have mainly of been young children. They will still be in shock and they will need psychological help. Just because they have been placed in front of a camera hours after the incident took place and have said 'XYZ' does not mean its true. More than likely as with many previous mass murder incidents in the past they will pick out bits and pieces as oppose to giving an accurate account. An accurate account will not come for days, weeks or months.

My thoughts and condolences go to everyone involved in this incident including all emergency service personnel as this will be a horrific crime scene.
edit on 15-12-2012 by ProfessorT because: (no reason given)

I think anyone (here) who feels already 'sure' how and why this happened is likely a poor researcher.(unless you personally witnessed it)

But I think anyone who doesn't realize how things like this are routinely used, to drive the herd, and are going to be used increasingly, is living under a rock.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Tecumte

Out of curiosity what agenda do you think www.abovetopsecret.com... was pushing?

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenofswords
I've been searching for info this morning on answers to the following and reviewing all the posts since last night. Can't find an update. Does anyone have the answers for me? Much appreciated.

~1 What happened to the story about the dead man in the NJ apt. originally thought to be Lanza's father?

~2 What happened to the story about the missing girlfriend and another girl?

~3 What happened to the story about the man in camo arrested near the woods?

~4 What happened to the story about the person dressed as a nun in a red van?

Where did you hear these stories from? I'd like to read the sources. They sound really interesting.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Taggart

I would be more likely to think whatever drugs he is on is more the culprit. People had to fight hard to get suicidal thoughts added to the warnings in a lot of drugs, and some of us are still fighting to get homicidal urges put on them now. From personal experiences on some antidepressants, it should be.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Revealed: Killer 'fought' with four teachers at elementary school the day before massacre - three are now dead, the fourth wasn't at school yesterday

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... sterday.html#ixzz2F9KtXLVa
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Has this been posted?

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Convenient...... Now can they come up with a reason he would be there to be in an altercation in the first place?

Thread is moving fast, last I heard, superintendent said the mother had no affiliation with the school, let alone a teacher, sub, or aide like was first reported.
edit on Sat, 15 Dec 2012 13:17:32 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Yeah www.abovetopsecret.com..., they say she is one of the prime leads to finding out the motive, check my post on the last page.

edit
mmm i'm confused so the teacher that was shot and survived wasn't involved in that?
edit on 15-12-2012 by aivlas because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by balon0

Originally posted by queenofswords
I've been searching for info this morning on answers to the following and reviewing all the posts since last night. Can't find an update. Does anyone have the answers for me? Much appreciated.

~1 What happened to the story about the dead man in the NJ apt. originally thought to be Lanza's father?

~2 What happened to the story about the missing girlfriend and another girl?

~3 What happened to the story about the man in camo arrested near the woods?

~4 What happened to the story about the person dressed as a nun in a red van?

Where did you hear these stories from? I'd like to read the sources. They sound really interesting.

did you not watch the news at all....or read the news sites as this was unfolding. all of these were reported a number of times on tv, on the radio, and on the news websites.

unless your actually interested and havent heard these yet. sorry, i took what you said as sarcastic at first.
edit on 15-12-2012 by timesacomin because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Reading your link, I found these words from a Connecticut State Police official:

"We're hopeful it will paint a complete picture" Probably nothing to it, but a very interesting way to put it.

They need to paint a picture? The facts will do, I believe.
edit on 15-12-2012 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I've been a lurker on this forum for a while now. When I saw this post I felt that I had to register. This tragedy is utterly heartbreaking. I cannot begin to imagine what the victims' families are going through.

For the last few years I have felt so numb (for reasons that are unimportant at the moment). I seriously thought that I had lost the ability to feel any kind of emotion, especially empathy. I felt as if I were drifting away from humanity. Well...this incident proved me wrong. I am so heartbroken. I just can't find the words to express how sad this is.

I think that this tragedy has had a real impact on our nation...even the entire world. I hate the fact that it took something like this for me have "feelings" like a normal human being. I know this may sound strange (and please don't take it the wrong way), but I am thankful for the impact this is having (on me at least). It makes me really look inward and realize just how thankful I should be. It also makes me more aware of my shortcomings and that there are things about myself that I need to change. I want to be a better person, I want to help others, and I want to help the world become a better place. I can honestly say that I have never thought this way during my entire adult life. Sad...but true. I've also never been a fan of religion, but this incident leaves me feeling like I need to try harder to seek out a higher power...whatever that may be.

I hope that this tragedy will affect others in a similar way. That would be one way for something positive to come out of this.

My heart goes out to the victims and the families and friends of the victims. No parent should ever have to go through the pain of losing a child, especially a young child and in such mindless/traumatic way. I just wish there were some way I could trade places with the children.

My final thoughts to you all:
-Please take the time every day to realize who/what is truly important in your life, and never become complacent.
-Constantly strive to work on your shortcomings.
-Embrace others and enrich their life.
-And in the words of Gandhi, "Be the change you wish to see in the world."

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
There is whole lot of news reports that didn't add up here, and supposedly they were based on reports from law enforcement, like the father's home being taped off before the school shooting occurred, because his son killed him.... the father was never killed.
The mother was a teacher at the school, and was killed at the school by her son..... she wasn't even a teacher there.
Multiple shooters on site..... the 20 year old acted alone.

I'm having trouble swallowing any of the stories in the end.

ETA: Something else, original story was that the shooter was 24 years old and had a child at the school. Did the older brother that was 24 have a child enrolled at the school? Or is this just another false story that the media put out?
edit on 15-12-2012 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

I had forgotten that snippet about the fathers home being taped for that reason. What a great point!

Im going to do some digging on that and see if I can find any credible sources on that lead.

Really...this whole thread is full of great points I hadnt thought of.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by MisterMaster

LAst I heard, the father also lives in CT somewhere, not NJ.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

Reading your link, I found these words from a Connecticut State Police official:

"We're hopeful it will paint a complete picture" Probably nothing to it, but a very interesting way to put it.

Apparently the mother taught him to shoot, now that seems odd if he has a history of personality disorder, unless she was in denial, or didn't think he was a danger to anyone.

odd.
edit on 013131p://bSaturday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by aivlas
reply to post by Tecumte

Out of curiosity what agenda do you think www.abovetopsecret.com... was pushing?

It should be obvious not everything, is a 'conspiracy' but also obvious there are many conspiracies and many agendas and people who are used, often unwittingly to carry those out. I don't know what happened in China, maybe the guy snapped, maybe not, I wasn't there.

But these shootings certainly seem to be following the MO's we saw used in Australia, Canada, and the U.K., where alleged so called 'emotionaly disturbed, metally unbalanced, lone gun nut shooters' were used to dismantle the gun rights of those countries citizens. IF those shootings were 'helped along' instigated or aided in any way and I'm VERY suspicious about the Port Arthur shooting, then I believe it it entirely possible the same type of terrorism may be being used in the U.S. to bring about similar change in laws. The problem for many becomes the huge dilema they face, in while they can believe a 'lone gun nut' might kill 'randomly', they can hardly concieve of a poltically powerful gun nut group killing for a reason. I think that comes from all of the intentional conditoning here. Not rational though in my opinion and very short sighted.
edit on 15-12-2012 by Tecumte because: sp.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
some young adults get pissed when they find out that the "vitamin" they have been taking is actually a drug used to control their behaviors....ADHD...OCD...hyperactivity...ect so many children are drugged these days and so many schools with their school psychologist are very quick to diagnose and drug. I've seen it personally. being drugged through school they cannot (in my opinion) develop normal coping skills or probably any coping skills at all. As a n adult they get very angry and take it out on their parents or in some cases the person that recommended the drugs....

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Officer involved shooting in Oxford; Gunman apprehended in Coldwater

www.abc3340.com...

No links, but hearing an AK-47 was involved and a child was hit.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by PaperbackWriter
I must say I am still trying to grasp how more than a hundred bullets fired has translated into numerous witnesses using the same exact phraseology of hearing a, "pop, pop, pop" to describe what they heard.

What they heard was shots from a skilled professional mercenary. The sound of a hundred bullets fired sounds more like RAATTATATATTATATATATTATATATATAATTATTATATATATTA and PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW and some more RAATTATATATTATATATATTATATATATAATTATTATATATATTA

Source for the "pop pop pop" sound

One parent who was in the school at the time of the shooting said she heard a "pop, pop, pop," sound around 9:30 a.m. In the room with her were Hochsprung, the vice principal and Sherlach. All three left the room and went into the hall to see what was happening. The parent ducked under the table and called 911

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Tecumte

Yep it goes both ways

maybe not, I wasn't there.

Were you at the school?
Were you involved or in the vicinity of the interviews the media have done?

they can hardly concieve of a poltically powerful gun nut group killing for a reason.

Explain? wouldn't that ruin the chances for the gun nut to have guns?

new topics

top topics

<< 87  88  89    91  92  93 >>

join