It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News - Shooting at Newtown, Connecticut elementary school.

page: 85
<< 82  83  84    86  87  88 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Soloprotocol
I hear all this talk about the second amendment and the right to have guns....just a thought.
With the amount of gun owners in the USA, when was the last time someone actually came blazing to the rescue Hollywood style and saved the day from a loony on a mission to kill...?
could someone post a link to said heroics...

Because the majority (if not all) of these shootings occur in gun free zones such as schools, or malls, or major sporting or other events where they have restricted gun carry to only police, forcing legal gun owners and licensed concealed carry gun owners with basically the same weapons training as a new cop on the street, to leave their concealed guns in their cars or at home.

school shootings aren't stopped because they are gun free zones - only police can carry there

the mall in oregon with the recent shooting - had posted no concealed carry signs

virginia tech - college campus, no concealed carry

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by nighthawk1954

Why, were they at the vigil? I wouldn't go to one if I had lost a child.
I wouldn't be talking to anybody, not even my friends, not right away, anyway.
Not the same day they were murdered.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by PaperbackWriter

People grieve differently.........
When my aunt lost her son in a motorcycle wreck, she spent all day in church for the next few days. Not something I would do, but it's what she did.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by MisterMaster
reply to post by gnosticagnostic

While i respect your opinion and actually agree with it, I posted a thoery...and stated it as such. There is no reason for an adult to flame someone posting a thoery. Especially when no thoery can be debunked right now because noone has any information besides what we are given.

His reply was geared towards him implying that anything other than two handguns was used when that is the only piece of information that HASNT changed.

Hunting with AR15's is illegal in every single state in America as far as I know. Definitely it is illegal to do so in Connecticut as they have stricter gun laws than NYC.

Perhaps she IS a hunter and does so overseas in Africa, but either way, I wouldnt dismiss your thoery just to dismiss it as the poster did mine. Theres no reason for it unless I said some weird crap like the shooter was Jesus Christ and he just raptured those kids.
My thoery was viable and wasnt looking for peeps to jump on a bandwagon. My God...I have never seen such smarmy condescending replies on this site.

its not illegal to hunt with an ar-15 in every state. some states may require you to only use a smaller magazines that hold maybe only 5 rounds.

you people have to realize there are lots of farms and ranchers out there with thousands of acres, have millions of dollars tied up in livestock, and coyotes do get out of control and kill lots of livestock. you want to go break up a pack of coyotes with a bolt action rifle. be my guest. an automatic ar-15 or other similar models comes in handy.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by timesacomin

That's exactly what I use my semi auto for, aside from being available for home defense. Coyotes up here crossbred with timberwolves, they are huge and dangerous. I will not take out my bolt action deer rifle to deal with a pack of those, that is for sure. And a bear? Hell no, ever see a bear charge? They are faster than they look, they can move when they want to. They look slow and dopey, first time I saw a bear run surprised the hell out of me.
edit on Sat, 15 Dec 2012 10:21:49 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Here is a bit more to muddy the waters lol.

Before all the FB pages and other social media accounts were removed, I documented them all with screen shots. Both brothers shared some friends on FB. I looked at every open FB account of those friends I could in the hopes I could find anyone who possibly knew or maybe even involved because early on I was under the assumption there were two shooters.

One guy stood out to me. Friends with both and lives in Lakewood NJ. He studied CIS at Temple University.

Strangely, only two people subscribed to his page....both Lanza brothers.

What topics was this dude interested in you ask?
His FB page is full of only one thing...guns, pics of shooting guns, anti-government propogands, extremely violent statements, and hatred of the USA for trying to ban assault rifles.

This is fact, I can prove it, and will gladly post his name if it is not against posting rules. Someone inform me if I can post the name and go look at his FB page if its still up.

Some of this dudes favorite books are Nazi propoganda books from the 20's-50's

Included were the workes of Hesse, Hitlers Mein Kampf, Marx, just to name a few.

Fave games...D+D, Magic the Gathering, COD Black Ops

Initials of this FB friend are JH

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   

If the people with "sources" at the scene with "inside info" could post that info it would be great

reply to post by MisterMaster

People need to stop the stalking, why are you going after his friend who has not been tied to this case? getting to the level of the msm reporting it was his brother.

edit on 15-12-2012 by aivlas because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Can somebody compile all the info we have so far on the event into one reply or something. Having to keep flipping through pages to reread stuff is a pain. There needs to be like an info list added to each thread. where we can check all the info out in one spot. like it should stay to the right or left of the thread, and stays with you and moves up and down as your scroll. that would be nice.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   

I agree with your post minus a few things. She wasnt a rancher. There are no coyotes in Connecticut. She is not farmer. Shes an older woman who absolutely cannot handle the recoil of a .223 who lives in a middle class suburb with no viable reason besides perhaps prepper material.
I mean come on people...what makes more friggin sense here??? That this woman is an avid coyote hunter and does so with an ar-15 which has a recoil like a 16ga shotgun. Or she keeps it for a just in case scenario?

Seems you are reaching in order to disprove a simple thoery I posted. Ar 15's cannot be used for anything in the state of Conn besides just ownership. Please quit it with the nonsense please.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Just an FYI for you guys .. I heard this interview with a detective up there yesterday on 760 AM Detroit.

1. The shooter attended the school when he was a kid.
2. The shooter was wearing a bullet proof vest ( so he took the guns mom had .. plus mom had a bullet proof vest too ? ).
3. Shotgun(s) were involved.
4. It was premeditated.

Im thinking it was money related.

I think the Mom was going to charity money to the school or some other function that had to do with 'special needs' and that send this spoiled kid over the edge because he was not going to get a 'free ride' for his life ( he was expecting this when MOM died but found out that he will get NOTHING ).

So this is just might be just a retaliatory event and nothing more. Kill the Mom and kill the recipients of her Will.

Its just a theory and nothing more.

JG.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by Soloprotocol

Try google.
here is one to start with though.

excellent...i love it when someone kills someone else with a gun....maybe people should just man up and and stop hiding behind a piece...maybe the second amendment should be changed to the right to have pepper spray or a Tazer...or the paranoid and terrified of their own shadow should never be allowed to look at a gun.

Christ, 20 children were killed and all i hear is people defending their right to own a shoota.....those rights were written when the west was wild...changed days....move on and go get some treatment for the paranoia and the terror that seems to consume you....people kill people????.....change the record please....

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   

That would be impossible really. I seen reports that the mother was a teacher, and among the dead at the school. I have seen reports that the mother was a teacher, but dead at her house. I have seen reports that the mother isn't dead at all. I have seen reports state the mother had zero affiliation with the school at all. It's all highly contradictory, and that is just the mother.

The father was reported both dead and alive as well.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Soloprotocol

Yeah ok buddy. Let's see you take on a bear or a pack of coyotes with a tazer. I look forward to your youtube video.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
what i want to know about is the guy found in the woods with camo pants and a black top, who reportedly screamed i didnt do it, as we was led away in handcuffs. with a dead mother, possibly dead father, and the dead gunman, its carte blanche for the powers that be to say whatever they want about this situation to fit their desired outcome. my guess is the colorado shooting wasnt shocking enough. to get people to be outraged it would take the slaughter of children.

back to my point.....anyone have info about the guy in the woods? also there was a report of a red van with a busted out window that was fleeing the scene....

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   

His FB page is full of only one thing...guns, pics of shooting guns, anti-government propogands, extremely violent statements, and hatred of the USA for trying to ban assault rifles. This is fact, I can prove it, and will gladly post his name if it is not against posting rules. Someone inform me if I can post the name and go look at his FB page if its still up.

No you can't post it.

Is anything that this guy posted on facebook against the law?

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Course not

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

how about we just ban guns in the cities with a population over so much. then we can build concrete walls around the cities and put up check points going in and out.

that way i dont have to worry about making the 2 hour drive it takes me to get to a major city, and i wouldnt have to worry about being disarmed...

also, that way when im out checking the fence lines of the property and livestock, i can stay alive and safe in my own back yard from the packs of coyotes, herds of wild boar, and mountain lions that roam my property every 24/7.

you people cant just wrap the whole world up in one solution of how to make it safe. there are actual real reasons and uses for the guns, even the semi-autos.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Neopan100
I just cant wrap my head around what kind of evil could make an adult walk into a school and fire upon innocent children..What is wrong with people? What the he!! is going through their heads? Sick..hopefully they kill the other gunman..no need for that type of human walking the streets.

Always check to see if these people are on some kind of medication. It seems most of them are.
Don't let the "experts" cover up another pharmaceutical tragedy. The Connecticut shooter Adam Lanza was autistic. Autism (thought to be caused by over-vaccination of children, especially with vaccines that include the mercury-based preservative Thimerosal) is treated with a class of drugs called SSRIs (Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor). SSRIs have a long history of triggering suicide and violent behavior in patients that take them. The US corporate media does not report these stories for fear of losing lucrative Pharmaceutical advertising deals. The US Government looks the other way (the FDA is "considering" a warning label on SSRIs) while our children commit suicides and carry out acts of extreme violence. Don;t take my word for it, web-search "SSRI suicide" and "SSRI homicide" and "SSRI violence" and you shall know the truth, and the truth shall piss you off!

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   

No they were not there..Geez

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by MisterMaster

I agree with your post minus a few things. She wasnt a rancher. There are no coyotes in Connecticut. She is not farmer. Shes an older woman who absolutely cannot handle the recoil of a .223 who lives in a middle class suburb with no viable reason besides perhaps prepper material.
I mean come on people...what makes more friggin sense here??? That this woman is an avid coyote hunter and does so with an ar-15 which has a recoil like a 16ga shotgun. Or she keeps it for a just in case scenario?

Seems you are reaching in order to disprove a simple thoery I posted. Ar 15's cannot be used for anything in the state of Conn besides just ownership. Please quit it with the nonsense please.

im not reaching, im just tired of people posting anti-gun comments in general to cover all of America and everyone in it.

just to be clear, if she had an ar-15. it has about as much recoil as a .22, she could handle it one armed.

and what is wrong with someone buying and having an ar-15, for no reason but just to have it.

the problem is she broke the law by not securing her weapons. so basically, her guns may have been legally purchased, but she illegally took care of them.

edit on 15-12-2012 by timesacomin because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 82  83  84    86  87  88 >>

join