It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News - Shooting at Newtown, Connecticut elementary school.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
This is truly heartbreaking.. but i've seen it coming with all this 2012 nonsense. Praying for all those poor families who have lost what truly matters most in life... your loved one.

link   
This really upsets me

link   
rt is reporting the 27 number now.

rt.com...

...so unbelievably terrible :/ my heart goes out to the families. I can't imagine what they're feeling.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by anon29

HLN is saying "at LEAST" 10 of the dead are children.

edit: 18 children confirmed deceased.
edit on 14-12-2012 by SourGrapes because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
It was a kindergarden class room ! I a m balling my eyes out

link   

Originally posted by shaneslaughta

Originally posted by paradism
@JohnMillerCBS working with 27 dead.

And not one drop of blood.

are you saying there are 27 dead now?

That's just what I heard on cnn...God I hope it's not true.

link   

NEWTOWN, Conn. — Some children were among at least 27 people killed in a shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn., on Friday. The total number of victims is unclear, but Reuters reports that 27 are dead, while NBC News is reporting that at least 20 children at the school were shot, including the gunman who, according to an ABC affiliate, is believed to be a parent of one of the students. Many of the shootings took place in a kindergarten classroom, a local newspaper reported. An official who spoke on condition of anonymity because the investigation is still under way told the Associated Press the gunman apparently had two guns. The school district remains on lockdown as police investigate the shootings. There are unconfirmed reports of two shooters, according to the paper.

Some students were reportedly being treated for trauma. A dispatcher at the Newtown Volunteer Ambulance Corps said a teacher has been shot in the foot and taken to Danbury Hospital. Dr. Patrick Broderick said the hospital had treated only three patients from the shooting scene. The hospital is on lockdown to protect the privacy of victims and to allow staff to do their work unreported.

I am sick.

link   
Now CNN is reporting on the unconfirmed report of the whole classroom of kids missing....God I hope and Pray they are alive...

link   
those babies dont deserve to die wtf did they do? there just babies,
I hope that second (possible) shooter gets the needle (scratch that shoot him until he feels the same pain as those parents whose babies arent gonna be home for christmas) and wtf happened to the second one? cowardess mufkin pansy

edit on 14-12-2012 by MissCoyote because: anger

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

Originally posted by shaneslaughta
just in......more than 12 dead so far according to abc affiliates via cnn live.
edit on 14-12-2012 by shaneslaughta because: (no reason given)

OH NO, just horrible, why?

My thoughts too...there is still the issue of the one whole classroom of children supposedly still in the school. If true, why were they not brought out with the rest of the kids.

Des

Why ?
How could someone do this ?

link   
30 people dead? I don't even have words to describe the shock I am in.

How can ONE person possibly kill 30+ people including CHILDREN, innocent children? How? Why?

Surely there were multiple gunmen? Guns jam, they need to be reloaded, doors can be barricaded ... no way one guy killed 30 people.

link   

Originally posted by gnosticagnostic
This is truly heartbreaking.. but i've seen it coming with all this 2012 nonsense. Praying for all those poor families who have lost what truly matters most in life... your loved one.

With all due respect, we do not know what the reasoning behind this is. It could just as well be a person influenced by Brehvik. And if a story about the end of the world is capable of causing someone to do this, anything could. It's mental instability that is the root cause of these incidents, not the media or the news.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by nighthawk1954
It was a kindergarden class room ! I a m balling my eyes out

Are you serious???? Please don't let that be true. I've already been crying...if that's true...

link   
I am watching kron channel 4 news.... there is supposed to get a live update in 10 minutes....I will report back what they say.

link   
I could vomit... 14 children... 14 little children... 27 lives taken... Absolutely horribly disgusting. My Aunt lives in Dabury and is a teacher, I got so worried about her and had to contact her right away, as I'm sure everyone in our family did! This is so... I really do feel like I could vomit.

link   

Originally posted by SourGrapes
reply to post by anon29

HLN is saying "at LEAST" 10 of the dead are children.

edit: 18 children confirmed deceased.
edit on 14-12-2012 by SourGrapes because: (no reason given)

No words,

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deadscreameyes
I could vomit... 14 children... 14 little children... 27 lives taken... Absolutely horribly disgusting. My Aunt lives in Dabury and is a teacher, I got so worried about her and had to contact her right away, as I'm sure everyone in our family did! This is so... I really do feel like I could vomit.

I know feeling the same way.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChrisF231

How can ONE person possibly kill 30+ people including CHILDREN, innocent children? How? Why?

Surely there were multiple gunmen? Guns jam, they need to be reloaded, doors can be barricaded ... no way one guy killed 30 people.

your just unimaginative...glock recovered.....the glock 18 is full auto and with hi cap mags of 30 rounds or more......they even make a 200 round drum for it.

one person can cause so much chaos.
edit on 14-12-2012 by shaneslaughta because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by ChrisF231

With the kinds of weapons available for people to buy in the USA, killing a hundred people in a minute is entirely possible. Someone can easily murder 30+ people within a few minutes.

It doesn't mean there must be more than one shooter.

American's might not like it, but this is what happens when you allow civilians with mental instability to own high-powered assault weapons designed for a battlefield!

link   
There is no punishment vile enough for the person or persons that have done this.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join