It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News - Shooting at Newtown, Connecticut elementary school.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
WTNH just talked to one of the dads who said that the doors to the school are normally locked during the day.

CNN just repeated the "multiple fatalities" report.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by GhostyMew

And the second gunman is starting to fade away...

A shooting involving two gunmen erupted at a Connecticut elementary school this morning, prompting the town of Newtown to lock down all of its schools and draw SWAT teams to the school, authorities said today.

State Police confirm that one shooter is dead. A second gunman is apparently at large, sources told ABC News.
abc news

This'll be a pretty blatant change at this point to go from two to one. Time will tell.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Scanner report says there will be press releases laterr in the day....and that all media is being advised to go to the park down the street.

link   
reply to post by 1ibl2ibs

I just broke down. I'm crying because I'm stuck thinking about the dead children. # man.

link   

Sources said a person believed to be a shooter is dead. Earlier reports of a second shooter are unconfirmed.

"CNN just showed a live feed from an affiliate and they repeated the info that a man was brought out of the woods from behind the school and was placed in a patrol car. They showed the car with the guy in it...it is still on scene. "

If the second guy does disappear.....

link   
Again, not confirmed.

Michael van Poppel‏@mpoppel

BREAKING -- Children among those killed in elementary school shooting, Hartford Courant sources say

If you are on twitter, I recommend following @mpoppel. He's a pretty good resource during "breaking news" times.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
My friend is listening to a police scanner, she is reporting that they are pursuing a van down White St in Danbury via helicopter. So they are still tracking someone in relation to this event.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   

what school locks its doors? i mean all exterior door aside from the main entrance but wtf? locking all the doors?

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
cnn and fox confirm multiple fatalities.

two area hospitals activated some sort of mobile triage ward for the injured.
there may be hostages involved. cnn said one class is still inside.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by GhostyMew

Maybe I've just seen this too many times. Maybe it's way past time for me to just stop looking at news entirely and get some perspective. I'm just not shocked at all. I've come to the conclusion that Humanity doesn't have much good to it. I know that's bad and I have to fix it as I have a son of my own, but it is what it is. Steel your soul, guard your heart, Humans can and will be even worse.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by MissCoyote

what school locks its doors? i mean all exterior door aside from the main entrance but wtf? locking all the doors?

One door has to be open as parents do need to enter if they need to take their child out of school early.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dustytoad

Sources said a person believed to be a shooter is dead. Earlier reports of a second shooter are unconfirmed.

"CNN just showed a live feed from an affiliate and they repeated the info that a man was brought out of the woods from behind the school and was placed in a patrol car. They showed the car with the guy in it...it is still on scene. "

If the second guy does disappear.....

Lets keep it alive and get some screen shots on here!!! Im starting to think some sinister Gov ops are underway. This 2nd shooter anomoly is becoming way to common.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I called my friend he is still at the Sandy Hook fire house, his daughter is safe and he is trying to get her home...she is very upset

some photo's www.ctpost.com...
edit on 14-12-2012 by nighthawk1954 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by antonia

The elementary school that my child goes to has locked doors everywhere. There is someone there to open the front door for you when you arrive.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
My Daughter is grown...but if she were still a child, I'd be only home schooling, with our society as it is now....

All MSM are now reporting *unconfirmed* multiple fatalities....It makes me sick....just really sick....

Des

edit on 14-12-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

link   

Well, not every state has the same protocol so it's hard to say in the end. I know where I live they keep one entrance open for parents as a lot of the schools are too poor for extensive camera systems.

link   

Danbury Police are looking for a PURPLE or MAROON VAN in connection with the shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School. Armed passengers inside, one possibly in a nun's costume. We're hearing that van was heading towards Danbury. DO NOT APPROACH...CALL 911 ASAP

This comes from a friend of mine who is in the DPD

link   

Multiple people, including children, have been killed in a shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School.
The number of victims is unclear. Many of the shootings took place in a kindergarten classroom, sources said.

www.courant.com...

Jesus Christ.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I find it odd that CNN keeps describing the scene as calm while the affiliates keep calling it chaotic.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by summer5

Nun's costume... I burst out laughing. Am I a bad person now?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join