It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News - Shooting at Newtown, Connecticut elementary school.

page: 44
<< 41  42  43    45  46  47 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

edit on (12/14/1212 by loveguy because: removed inappropriate post

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by cicerone
Let me express my deep sadness from Germany to the US.
No words are fitting.

Thank you brother!

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
FOX news just said the girlfriend of Ryan Lanza (Adam Lanza being the shooter, Ryan the brother) is missing and a friend is also missing. I heard about an hour ago the dad was dead, then alive?! And is his mother dead but was she dead in the home by the school or was she dead at the school? If she was at the school, then who is the dead body in the house by the school?
Prayers for all in Newton, CT.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by DanaKatherineScully
Not sure of the origin of this, but it is doing the rounds on twitter.

A kid who was involved in the #CTshooting wrote this during lock down and was killed moments after
this is horrible.

twitter.com...

I really hope that's fake, because if it isn't I'm going to start crying.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by DanaKatherineScully

Keeping it classy internet

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by 4ajodster
FOX news just said the girlfriend of Ryan Lanza (Adam Lanza being the shooter, Ryan the brother) is missing and a friend is also missing. I heard about an hour ago the dad was dead, then alive?! And is his mother dead but was she dead in the home by the school or was she dead at the school? If she was at the school, then who is the dead body in the house by the school?
Prayers for all in Newton, CT.

I believe that the only thing the authorities have confirmed is that there is an adult that lived with the shooter, and that adult is dead. I dont think they have released anything in regards to any identities as of yet.

link   
The arguments for gun control need to happen somewhere else at another time. Tomorrow. Can we as a society come together anymore? Thats the difference than in the past. In the wake of tragedies, we could always come together. Yet in this thread alone we cant.

I have my own thoughts on gun control, but my heart is going out to the families of the innocent. My heart cant stop weeping for the loss of innocence.

Something happened to me in terms of physical abuse when I was 6, 7 ,8 and 9. The kind of abuse that robs you of your innocence, im sure you can figure it out, it hurts to much to type what happened to me.

I cant stop crying for these precious souls who are going through something even worse.

link   
reply to post by zeeon

Agreed, some things shouldn't be shared, thats far too soon.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by zeeon

Originally posted by DanaKatherineScully
Not sure of the origin of this, but it is doing the rounds on twitter.

A kid who was involved in the #CTshooting wrote this during lock down and was killed moments after
this is horrible.

twitter.com...

I really hope that's fake, because if it isn't I'm going to start crying.

It's Crap don't believe it...everybody is going to post crap to the entire story comes out. Yes I know !

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
26 dead (which includes 20 kids) as of 5:45 PM EST on Friday, Dec. 14th, 2012. Horrible. Crazy!!!

news.yahoo.com...

I hope whoever did this burns in hell.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Been following thread since early today and as a parent of two and another on the way I am heartbroken and mad.

I have been following HLN and the latest they have is:

The mother of the suspected shooter was found dead in her son's residence in Newtown, a law enforcement source with detailed knowledge of the investigation told CNN. CNN had previously identified the mother as Nancy Lanza, a teacher at the Sandy Hook Elementary, according to law enforcement sources.

The source also told CNN there was no body found in the house searched by authorities in Hoboken, New Jersey. Two law enforcement sources say a man was taken away from questioning from that house. He is believed to be the brother of the shooter, according to the sources.

The first law enforcement source says the school shooter was dressed in "black battle fatigues and a military vest."

The Bushmaster .223 found at the scene is a semi automatic weapon, the source says. Two other weapons found were handguns, a Sig-Sauer and a Glock.

So if the kid killed his mom at home then why bring it to the school at all.....there must have been some other connection there. I believe the class was his mom's class but if she was already dead at the time of his coming to the school then what brought him there? This is beyond distressing and all I could do was get to my kids schools early today and pick them up, give them big hugs and tell them how much they mean to me. I can't begin to imagine the pain and anguish these parents are going through right now. I am truly saddened and at a loss.

link   
I would propose that the real problem here is not guns, but the fact that over the last 20-30 years, we have increasingly attempted to mainstream those with developmental deficiencies and/or personality disorders. This is why these types of horrific crimes are occurring. No sane person would commit an act like this, only one who is either insane or incapable of understanding the consequences of their actions.

It used to be that the developmentally disabled and mentally unstable folks would be kept out of the mainstream, but now that is considered unacceptable and they are allowed to join the rest of society, and we are all expected to treat them like everyone else...even though they are NOT like everyone else.

In the end, it's political correctness that is killing these people, not guns.

link   
Damn, found out one of the kids killed was the son of my cousin's boss. Poor guy.

link   

Originally posted by cicerone
Let me express my deep sadness from Germany to the US.
No words are fitting.

appreciate it cicerone. I just helped all week at my kids school, doing Santa Secret Shop. With Christmas right around the corner, seeing the kids all excited, especially the little ones, buying little gifts for their family members, this is just gut wrenching...Truely no words...

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by flyswatter

Thanks

This is why I need to turn the news off, nothing is confirmed, just speculation.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightTide

Originally posted by MortlitantiFMMJ

Originally posted by butcherguy

Originally posted by roadgravel
Mother's body found in her home.

So why go to the school and shoot the kids when mom isn't there.
Maybe the 20 year old shooter had issues with his mom and her students. He may have been jealous of attention that they got from her when he perceived that he did not receive enough attention from her.

He was developmentally disabled, according to what they are saying now. Who knows? He was obviously a whack job.

If he was, then its probably unlikely he would have been able to get access to guns so easily if they were illegal

When you want something bad enough, you will get your hands on it. Just making something illegal doesn't mean getting rid of it completely. So it will be harder to get, in the end doesn't mean much......except for those who follow the rules get screwed.

If he was an autist or aspie, he'd have found it a lot more difficult, possibly wouldn't have got them. Also, its been shown that removing access to lethal means of killing yourself reduces suicide, if guns weren't available there'd be less successful suicides. (Its not just guns, when Britain switched to a less toxic gas, the number of successful suicides fell as well)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by PaperbackWriter

In the beginning they showed a school with nothing going on just some crime scene tape fluttering and no
bunch of emergency first responders around. Then you find out all the action was moved to the FD up the
dead end street.

There was no action. shots were reported and when the first responders arrived, the gunman was already dead. Not a single shot was fired by the police or any other official.

Then you find out all the action was moved to the FD up the
dead end street.

The FD was the evacuation site. Everyone in the school was taken there. Thus, more action there than the school filled with dead bodies.

Then you find out it isn't this brother, no it's that one.

Apparently the shooter was carrying his brother's id. Thus the confusion. The cops never released a name. They still haven't released a name. Speculation and insiders leaking information is bound to lead to confusion and mistakes.

Finally the mother was in the classroom, no found at home.

Again, this is all speculation. The police haven't identified the bodies of the dead yet. They know the number of bodies, they know the number of unaccounted for children and adults. They know the classroom was his mother's. Once they identify the bodies, they'll give you more information about the deceased.

I want to know how autistic boy made it to NJ to kill his father and whatever happened to that storyline?

His brother referred to him as disabled, never said he was autistic.

Someone arrested at the school. There's been no discussion, by the authorities, about this guy.

There was a purple van that was somehow involved.

There was someone at a church, threatening to hurt themself.

The lack of information regarding these leads is more curious than the very logically explained questions you raised.

link   

link   
After some time, I would love to hear the opinions of the victims families on gun control.

More control? More people with concealed carry licenses?

It's hard for us not directly involved to put ourselves in their shoes and either say we stand for more people with CCLs, or stand for more gun control; but after some time and reflecting I would like to know what their thoughts are on the issue.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Why do these cowards do this? Why can't they take their own life and be remembered for the person they were when they were alive vice bringing down innocent children and people with them and to be remembered for the #ing bastard who killed 20+ people?

I just don't understand. I will never understand.

new topics

top topics

<< 41  42  43    45  46  47 >>

join