It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News - Shooting at Newtown, Connecticut elementary school.

page: 43
<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by MortlitantiFMMJ

Originally posted by GLaDOS

Originally posted by minkmouse
I'm torn here...It is without a doubt a very horrible story but I can't get my head around why it's different than a drone strike in say Pakistan where innocent children are killed or any other act of aggression worldwide that results in the death of children...Why is this more horrific???

You honestly can't see the difference between an accidental drone attack, and someone shooting children in cold blood

It is not accidental. Both are used for the intent of killing.

They're not both used with the intent of killing innocent children

Does it matter? In the end, children die. Do you think the parents would be OK if it was accidental or not? no, they've lost their child either way.

link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
You know, I hear over and over about how society is decaying, morals are decaying, etc. Can anyone point me to a time when things were supposedly so much better? I have studied a lot of history, and it seems to me, never in the times of recorded history, was civilizations ever really civilized at all.

I know when I was a kid, in our town people knew each other....they regularly talked to one another and people helped out when someone was in need. Thirty years later when I go home to visit, things have changed a lot.

link   
Utterly tragic. Heart felt sympathy from across the pond. What I don't understand....more than the heinous acts themselves.... is why the gunman nearly always shoots himself after, why can't the POS just shoot himself at home or W/E and leave innocents alone?
Easy access to firearms is always the first arguement, I'd like to wager that its the unstable people instead. Guns don't kill people...people kill people.
Keep your chin up USA, you will crack this epidemic in the end.

link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by roadgravel

I have heard some MSM say she is dead at school, and others saying she is dead at home. Not sure which to believe yet, or even if either are correct...... Damn MSM

By my count, that is the third bait and switch to the story.

In the beginning they showed a school with nothing going on just some crime scene tape fluttering and no
bunch of emergency first responders around. Then you find out all the action was moved to the FD up the
dead end street.

Then you find out it isn't this brother, no it's that one.

Finally the mother was in the classroom, no found at home.

I want to know how autistic boy made it to NJ to kill his father and whatever happened to that storyline?

link   
reply to post by roguetechie

Get a grip dude. This was not the President...YOUR President doing the shooting. Shifting the blame is just as cowardly as shooting the kids yourself. This is not a conspiracy.

link   
reply to post by roadgravel

People in cities are different than the country. People can live their whole lives in the city, without ever even talking to a neighbor. There is no real community at all. People avoid eye contact, avoid conversation. It is like an alien planet to me. At least all the cities I have visited to date, both in the US and Canada are like that.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

Even parents and close friends do not care to help. A shame.

link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

Originally posted by roadgravel
Mother's body found in her home.

So why go to the school and shoot the kids when mom isn't there.
Maybe the 20 year old shooter had issues with his mom and her students. He may have been jealous of attention that they got from her when he perceived that he did not receive enough attention from her.

He was developmentally disabled, according to what they are saying now. Who knows? He was obviously a whack job.

If he was, then its probably unlikely he would have been able to get access to guns so easily if they were illegal

link   
i am devastated.........

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
How developmentally disabled can have 4 LEGAL weapons and vest? Is gun law that loose in USA? Giving deadly weapons to persons, who are disabled?

And this will lead to improved security, where schools are like jails, there is cameras everywhere and guards standing at front doors.
edit on 14-12-2012 by Thebel because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

With the exception of the time I lived in white plains, everywhere I lived at that I can remember has been like that really. Everyone knows everyone, no real crime, you can leave your car running and go grocery shopping in the winter and it will still be there when you get back. Don't ever lock the doors, in the summer don't even bother closing the doors. There are still many places around like it, but the places that become more urbanized, like the town I lived in as a kid, have become unsafe, and no more community really. I try and stay as far away from cities as I can really, and fight tooth and nail when big stores like walmart try to move in, next step after that is more urbanization.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Let me express my deep sadness from Germany to the US.
No words are fitting.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by minkmouse
I'm torn here...It is without a doubt a very horrible story but I can't get my head around why it's different than a drone strike in say Pakistan where innocent children are killed or any other act of aggression worldwide that results in the death of children...Why is this more horrific???

You honestly can't see the difference between an accidental drone attack, and someone shooting children in cold blood

It is not accidental. Both are used for the intent of killing.

They're not both used with the intent of killing innocent children

Does it matter? In the end, children die. Do you think the parents would be OK if it was accidental or not? no, they've lost their child either way.

Of course not, but you're asking whats the difference, why is it more horrific. Do you not find it more disturbing to see young children killed in cold blood by a gunman shooting them at point blank range, and when a drone attack in war goes wrong? Of course both are tragic. But your going to get a different reaction, might be a bit different if someone deliberately ordered a drone to attack a school with the intent to kill children, but thats not the case. I still can't get my head around how anyone could shoot young children like, randomly attacking innocent presumably unknown to the killer

link   
reply to post by Thebel

Word on the streets is the guns were his mom's. I didn't hear if he was even wearing a vest from anyone official as of yet. Just a lot of MSM rumors churning around at the moment.

link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

This has nothing to do with gun laws. This is an unfortunate incident caused by someone with a means to an end, and unfortunately he had to take the lives of young innocent children. I extend my sympathy's to the parents of lost children and the children that had to experience this horrible tragedy.
With the Nation's population reaching 315 million it really comes down to the fact that you cannot stop every crazy person. Unfortunately it would be nice to be able to stop nuts before they get loose. In all honesty America is pretty safe for the amount of people we have in this country.
Seems as though police may need to be present in every school system from Kindergarten to High school.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thebel
How developmentally disabled can have 4 LEGAL weapons and vest? Is gun law that loose in USA? Giving deadly weapons to persons, who are disabled?

And this will lead to improved security, where schools are like jails, there is cameras everywhere and guards standing at front doors.
edit on 14-12-2012 by Thebel because: (no reason given)

Understand the facts of the case (the ones that we know so far, anyway) before you spout off about things.

From what has come out so far, the guns did not belong to the shooter, they belonged to his mother. He is dead, his mother is dead, and so are 6 other adults and 20 children. And someone took a bullet in the foot, ouch. There's more important things to worry about than arguing over gun control at the moment.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Thebel

It sounds like the guns were registered in moms name, which would mean he stole them. I heard on the news he was developmentally disabled. But, I don't know what to believe. There is a lot of dis info and misinfo b/c there is so much to figure out yet. Some news is jumping the gun reporting wrong things without checking facts, some are speculating and stating that at fact.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by RickKilgannon

The only thing that I can think is the shooter was upset that his mother maybe spent more time with her students growing up. Like he had it in his head that his mother loved her students more than she loved him & he wanted to take it out on all of them. That is the only reason I can think of going to the school & doing that after he had already killed his mother at home.

I know a developmentally disabled person, a close friend of mine, and he often rails against his parents, and his time at school as being responsible for his handicap which he can't own up to (he's just functional enough to be "normal"). Of course there's no excuse for any of this at all, I'm just pointing to the psychological mechanisms that might have been involved.

edit on 14-12-2012 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

link   
Not sure of the origin of this, but it is doing the rounds on twitter.

A kid who was involved in the #CTshooting wrote this during lock down and was killed moments after
this is horrible.

twitter.com...

link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

Maybe the 20 year old shooter had issues with his mom and her students. He may have been jealous of attention that they got from her when he perceived that he did not receive enough attention from her.

He was developmentally disabled, according to what they are saying now. Who knows? He was obviously a whack job.

If he was, then its probably unlikely he would have been able to get access to guns so easily if they were illegal

When you want something bad enough, you will get your hands on it. Just making something illegal doesn't mean getting rid of it completely. So it will be harder to get, in the end doesn't mean much......except for those who follow the rules get screwed.

<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join