It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News - Shooting at Newtown, Connecticut elementary school.

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by shaneslaughta

Originally posted by unphased

STOP

..osting RANDOM "Ryan Lanza" facebook and twitter stuff.

We already got it wrong once!!
edit on 14-12-2012 by unphased because: (no reason given)

MAYBE.......

Nothing wrong with personal research but hold posting until we get a confirmation or something seems too weird.

JAK

link   
reply to post by Unidentified_Objective

Thank you for the opportunity to offer a little reminder. Of course a story like this will inspire discussion of those topics so, as mentioned, here are the threads for those discussions:

Pro/Anti gun thread for those who wish them:

Promote the Gun, Uplift the Second Amendment

Ban the Gun, Repeal the Second Amendment.

This thread however is NOT for those discussions and staff have desperately attempted to keep that aspect out of this thread so people can concentrate on the topic:

Shooting at Newtown, Connecticut elementary school

rather than it being derailed. You want to discuss the rights and wrongs of gun control? Fine, there are the links for you but, as has been stated repeatedly, not here.

link   

Originally posted by unphased

STOP

..osting RANDOM "Ryan Lanza" facebook and twitter stuff.

We already got it wrong once!!
edit on 14-12-2012 by unphased because: (no reason given)

We have no idea if we got it wrong.

The original account posted in 09 was pulled- The only thing we hacve seen saying "it wasnt me" comes from a screenshot twitter account- The odds of a man in his early 20s with the same name as someone (which isnt a name like John Smith) in the same town of 30 thousand- Idk... But it certainly has not been proven as the "wrong" person other than a screenshot .

link   
reply to post by DarKPenguiN

If he was a gamer, then there should be a gaming ID associated with his gaming habits, and we can get a clearer picture of what/how long he was playing various video games from that, instead of a facebook page.

link   
Law enforcement bugets and personel in the US are mushrooming to the tune of billions, they can damned sure pull you for a busted tail light but we can't afford to have a cop at the schools and malls to respond to real emergencies?

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Nj reporter interviewed the alleged shooter nice they havent shown a picture.nj reporter

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
CNN now says suspect's brother also found dead in Hoboken, NJ.

its the same place that the suspect was from.....the original face book posting.

so now we have two different cities dead bodies piling up.......i smell a rat

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   

link   
Why are the media posting all this conflicting misinfo.
Are they being told this by officials and if so why?

If I recall this morning on a post I read at the beginning of this thread
it was being reported that a child was shot, a teacher shot in the foot and the principal.
How did it go from that story to all of this?

link   
reply to post by SUICIDEHK45

that picture really made my heart drop, kids and teachers, i could barely look at it

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   

its the same place that the suspect was from.....the original face book posting.

Who knows whats going on. My guess at this point - shooter offed the relatives in Jersey before heading to CT to shoot up his mother and the school. In time we'll find more details, so I just dont really want to jump to any conclusions.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by MissCoyote
Nj reporter interviewed the alleged shooter nice they havent shown a picture.nj reporter

Speaking to someone claiming to be Ryan Lanza on the phone does not an interview make. Could be the same kook with the fake twitter account. It is obvious that there are some sad F#$%s out there that need attention bad enough to do something like that.

The chances of both parents being named Lanza, a brother named Lanza being killed makes me think they have the right Lanza already. Some sick asswipe is playing games online

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by PaperbackWriter
Why are the media posting all this conflicting misinfo.
Are they being told this by officials and if so why?

If I recall this morning on a post I read at the beginning of this thread
it was being reported that a child was shot, a teacher shot in the foot and the principal.
How did it go from that story to all of this?

In the scurry to get the headline, news agencies often report wrong or misleading information. It's a developing story so facts won't be certain for possibly days yet. I think it's a race to get viewers, which fund their advertising budgets. It's all business.
edit on 14-12-2012 by Hopeforeveryone because: added a comma so it made sense

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Christian Voice
reply to post by BlavatskyChannel

Then don't post here. This is obviously not the thread for you.

Why? Because my opinion doesn't suit you..

You shouldn't take my point of view so personally.. after all it is just an opinion everyone has one.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
WCBS-TV: Some children found hiding in closets moments ago at Connecticut school in Newtown

link   

Me too. What is the father and brother's name if you know?
I am following up on this.

link   

Originally posted by Mamatus

Originally posted by MissCoyote

Speaking to someone claiming to be Ryan Lanza on the phone does not an interview make. Could be the same kook with the fake twitter account. It is obvious that there are some sad F#$%s out there that need attention bad enough to do something like that.

The chances of both parents being named Lanza, a brother named Lanza being killed makes me think they have the right Lanza already. Some sick asswipe is playing games online

THIS

-They connected the shooter to the "mother" who was a teacher- And this guy says "maybe he took my ID"? Plus doesnt say anything about knowing a guy of the same name and age in a tiny town? I dont buy the "interview" at all- The Facebook page originally posted was him IMO. This is a troll account from twitter.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by twitchy
Law enforcement bugets and personel in the US are mushrooming to the tune of billions, they can damned sure pull you for a busted tail light but we can't afford to have a cop at the schools and malls to respond to real emergencies?

LOL...so true. But, that ticket for the busted tail light brings in REVENUE.

link   
New report says that two roommates of the shooter are now with police for questioning. They dont have assumptions that these people were involved, but they are trying to find out what these roomies know in regards to this, if anything at all.

link   
reply to post by PaperbackWriter

The story developed. It's been a few hours. Stories like this start with little and end up with a lot. It's still growing because it's current.

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join