It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News - Shooting at Newtown, Connecticut elementary school.

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mamatus
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Not just the same name but the poor guy is from the same town. Were I him I would be so freaked out right now....

Same town, same name? Weird.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by PaperbackWriter

ok once again.....

last night at 10:45 pm virginia tech was on lockdown because of a gun man on campus.

The suspect got away.

i had stated that it may be the same person but i ahve no proof.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by DIRTYDONKEY

Originally posted by blackbox
In North Korea, there is an idea of a 3 generation model of punishment, most notably in the infamous Gulags.

The idea behind this model is that if you commit a serious crime, you are punished as well as your parents and children... covering a span of 3 generations.

Now in fairness, this probably isn't implemented in the most humane or "fair" manner in North Korea, but the idea itself is somewhat intriguing. Forced accountability.

Atrocities like what we have witnessed in Connecticut today are perpetuated by a fundamental lack of accountability, in my humble opinion.

The cowardly murderer has no repercussions to his actions that will effect him personally or those he loves so he is free to carry out his darkest desires without accountability.

North Korea might not have it right, but they may be on to something.... just maybe.

umm Maybe you missed the part where he killed everyone he loved along with lot of innocent children, also he is dead so yeah no repercussions except damnation in hell

There is no hell, he will receive no punishment other than simply not existing. Sad, but true.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by therealdemoboy
reply to post by phantomjack

The shooter was detected the second he opened fire. Guns are usually pretty loud, and the carnage tends to draw attention. Metal detectors might not be a bad idea in high schools where gang violence is possible/probable. You don't have a bunch of gang bangers "packing heat" so they can "bust a cap" in the first kid that looks at them wrong. But your suggestion that a metal detector in an elementary school would have prevented "anything" is (as I said) ignorant.

So basically, you are saying that the 40 or 50 seconds that the detection alarm would have created would not have made a difference?

Come on man. I know this is a tragic day, but I dont think calling for tighter security measures at schools is being ignorant.

50 seconds is enough time to cause any type of disruption in the shooter's mind.

Even a single SECOND would and could make a difference.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Their mom and dad have both been found dead in there homes fox news

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by MissCoyote
Does anybody see anything wrrong with this thats not him?

please dont t&c this

There are now multiple Facebook pages with his name and that same profile photo. At this point, I'm not taking anything regarding his social media accounts seriously due to the ease of faking all of that.

JAK

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Pro/Anti gun thread for those who wish them:

Promote the Gun, Uplift the Second Amendment

Ban the Gun, Repeal the Second Amendment.

This thread is NOT for those discussions.

link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

EXACTLY

link   
If there's such a thing as reincarnating karma, then the guy will be lucky to come back as an amoebae at best.

link   

Originally posted by flyswatter

please dont t&c this

There are now multiple Facebook pages with his name and that same profile photo. At this point, I'm not taking anything regarding his social media accounts seriously due to the ease of faking all of that.

The "first" (original) profile page which was linked (created years ago) is now gone- "Poof".

link   
This may explode into another gun-law debate; honestly I don't know what to think. Tightening laws or even banning firearms wouldn't stop certain crazies from doing something like this. Perhaps if somebody in the school had a firearm or taser with them, 26 people wouldn't have died.

What sort of demented mind one must have to murder 18 kids & 8 teachers... The shooter is an utter scumbag, and took the cowards way out so he wouldn't have to answer for his crimes.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by flyswatter

As usual trolls are out in full force. Happened with the last 5 big shootings at least, with the fake social media channels

link   
reply to post by Cynicaleye

And you have proof of this how? I shall disagree with you on this one. My friend there is a Hell and Ryan Lanza is there now.

link   
reply to post by flyswatter

If people are out there making fake Facebook pages around this tragedy I truly wish bad bad things on them. In fact I would suggest just locking them the hell up before they shoot someone thinking it is funny. There is nothing funny about this.

A curse upon those that think this is an opportunity to screw around on Facebook.

link   

Originally posted by shaneslaughta
im posting again beause of the speed of this thread....stuff is getting pushed back deep in the thread

AP source: Suspect in Connecticut school shootings is 24-year-old; younger brother being held.

Wow! thanks for bringing this back to light....did it say whether he was being held in the town where the shootings took place or in NJ?

link   
live.reuters.com...

Obama Press conference here at 3:15

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   

link   
His facebook account is deleted..............................
I see a framing? if they show his photo I FRICKEN CALLED IT

link   

Originally posted by DarKPenguiN

Originally posted by flyswatter

please dont t&c this

The "first" (original) profile page which was linked (created years ago) is now gone- "Poof".

They're hiding evidence and repainting the picture to suit the story they are creating for this.

link   
reply to post by MagesticEsoteric

Info is limited at this time.......bits and pieces trickling down the pipes. i will keep everyone informed of my findings.

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join