It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News - Shooting at Newtown, Connecticut elementary school.

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   

link   
suspect inside church in newtown......claiming hes going to injure himself
Police are en route

link   
in my day, shootings had people who (at least thought they) had a cause. they left notes, or videos. or wrote letters to news stations beforehand.

now we just get one after another with no back story. no reason. seems fake now.

the conspiracy side of me calls it all a ploy...

link   
Connecticut elementary school shooter identified as Ryan Lanza.

CNN is reporting that the shooter who killed dozens of people at Sandy Hook Elementary in Newtown, Connecticut, is a man named Ryan Lanza.

He was initially reported as a 20-year-old male with ties to the elementary school. He was dressed in a military vest, and armed with multiple weapons, including a .223-caliber rifle.

Police have also reportedly found a body at a home in Newtown, Conn. The connection to the school shootings is unclear.

Truly despicable. Words cannot express how I feel about this situation being a father of a four year old.

Seriously considering home schooling my son and soon to be daughter.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
My heart is breaking for those families. This is unspeakable horror. Whether the age of the shooter or what his grade level was makes little difference. Only evil of the utmost kind can do something like this.

Death was too easy of a way out for him.

link   

Originally posted by JAK
One last time:

Please note

due to the tragically emotive nature of this story any and all pro/anti gun posts from here on will be removed immediately.

Please respect the request being made here and refrain from all such related posts and comments

please people CONTROL YOUR POSTS - WE NEED THIS THREAD RIGHT NOW.

link   
Senseless bull****. Sometimes, I don't get the world I live in.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Everyone please refrain from posting alleged personal information concerning the shooter (facebook page, address, phone number), etc. They will be removed by the staff.

Even if it is almost certain to be accurate, do not post them. You could be wrong and end up having an innocent person harassed or lawsuits. Be safe and just keep it off the board.

Thanks.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by shaneslaughta
Police are en route

Please link it. And take a screen cap if you can!

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Police are en route

So, I wonder if this is the second shooter. They have really geared the talking points to only one shooter.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by MagesticEsoteric

Police are en route

So, I wonder if this is the second shooter. They have really geared the talking points to only one shooter.

There's been no indication that this has anything to do with the school shooting

link   
Just looked at his FB page. Strange thing is there is photo that I can see taken just days ago of him dressed in all black. A reply to the photo is this:

Look like you're about to buy an Ale, but then paint a picture of it... very mixed... all good, though. Kinda like if Solid Snake was wearing a Neo trenchcoat. This can only turn out awesome.

edit on 14-12-2012 by summer5 because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by unphased

My sympathies and my heart goes out to all the vitcims both living (yes I believe they could be considered victims too, they are currently living through a nightmare scenario, that will most probably be a traumatizing event for tthese poor kids) and the heartache of every parent who has lost a child in this horrific way to have to think about how frightened their child must've been.
edit on 14-12-2012 by 1loserel2 because: typo

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Police are en route

Can you please cite a source?

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by starviego

Police are en route

Can you please cite a source?

live scanner feed

www.radioreference.com...

link   
reply to post by unphased

I know must of you are not going to like this, but what if these school shootings, and the shootings like Aurora are done by Manchurian candidates? How else are you going to ban more guns? Sort of like a small time false flag sort of thing. I guess I just don't want to believe we have some real whackos in this country.

link   
Not sure if these items have been posted.

There is also a tweet saying that his "parent" was found dead at home as well. It's hitting the news now.

I do wonder what the motives for this were.. But there is never an excuse to shoot children.. never never never..

Seeing as how the school principal, and school psychologist were the first to be killed is rather interesting.

Just remember, an inanimate object does not get up and kill people..

Just yesterday this happened in China: 22 Children injured, 1 adult injured by knife weilding man.

Madness is Madness, the method is what can be so varied. If it is not guns, it will be knives, swords, and home-made explosives, Cars, gasoline (petrol), and any other object you can think of. So stop with the anti-gun crap.. there are MORE responsible gun owners then there are nut cases..
edit on 14-12-2012 by Cygnis because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by olliemc84

I've thought about home schooling for about a year now. Every time I bring it up to my husband, he thinks I'm crazy....perhaps not so crazy now though.

This is whole mess has my stomach in knots.

link   
reply to post by summer5

Really right after being asked not to post Facebook link? Right guy though.....

link   
reply to post by shaneslaughta

Is it silent now, or is it just not working for me?

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join