It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News - Shooting at Newtown, Connecticut elementary school.

page: 153
<< 150  151  152    154  155  156 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by flyswatter
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

The person responsible for this is the person that pulled the trigger. He's dead, so people are looking to place blame elsewhere. In such a litigous society, its sue this person, sue that person, sue everyone you can get your hands on.

The way that you are proposing this went down is speculation, and you are placing blame after going with that speculation as fact. Was he let in or did he shoot his way in? Did he threaten his way in? We dont know yet, and we might not ever know exactly. But placing blame based on your assumptions of the facts is wrong.

As far as metal detectors go, they would be nice and all, but not having them is not a crime. If you want schools to have them, pound pavement and rally people, march to your state legislature and have them set as a requirement.

No assumptions. It was reported on the news that he was let in because they recognized him as the son of the volunteer teacher. Yes, we do know he was let in and did not shoot his way in.

Oh of course he is to blame for pulling the trigger but hes not the only one at fault. He would have never had that opportunity if the people at that checkpoint was doing their job correctly.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
My question is why did Adam supposedly kill himself? Wasn't he wearing a bulletproof vest? I would imagine that someone wearing a bulletproof vest wants to stay alive at all costs. So why kill himself? Or did he?

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Thats interesting, because you have just made a claim that runs absolutely counter to the police's version of events. They say that he was NOT buzzed in to the building, but had to bash or shoot his way in through a window or glass door.

So would you like to explain what specific, physical, tangible evidence you have to back up your counter claim?

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix

Originally posted by flyswatter

The person responsible for this is the person that pulled the trigger. He's dead, so people are looking to place blame elsewhere. In such a litigous society, its sue this person, sue that person, sue everyone you can get your hands on.

The way that you are proposing this went down is speculation, and you are placing blame after going with that speculation as fact. Was he let in or did he shoot his way in? Did he threaten his way in? We dont know yet, and we might not ever know exactly. But placing blame based on your assumptions of the facts is wrong.

As far as metal detectors go, they would be nice and all, but not having them is not a crime. If you want schools to have them, pound pavement and rally people, march to your state legislature and have them set as a requirement.

No assumptions. It was reported on the news that he was let in because they recognized him as the son of the volunteer teacher. Yes, we do know he was let in and did not shoot his way in.

Oh of course he is to blame for pulling the trigger but hes not the only one at fault. He would have never had that opportunity if the people at that checkpoint was doing their job correctly.

It was reported by the news, thats fine. The problem here is relying only on the word of the news agency as fact. Their accuracy on this whole event has not exactly been stellar. Did this information come directly from LE investigators, or is it just an assumption that was made?

I'll play along for a second here though ... how is your familiarity with the inside of the school? Where is this door that he was buzzed through, and would it have had any effect whatsoever on him being able to obtain access to the doors of the classrooms? What is normal procedure for buzzing people through? Was this allowance of entry due to threat? There's a lot of questions here, and far too much in question to be able to lay blame right now.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit

Thats interesting, because you have just made a claim that runs absolutely counter to the police's version of events. They say that he was NOT buzzed in to the building, but had to bash or shoot his way in through a window or glass door.

So would you like to explain what specific, physical, tangible evidence you have to back up your counter claim?
There have been a lot of versions of the events that occurred.
The reason that there were a lot of versions was probably to confuse everyone, so that no matter what you say, someone will say, 'Oh that's not what happened.'
The fact that a woman that purported to be the Principal of the school (when the actual principal was dead inside the school) gave an interview to the local paper outside of the school building serves very well to tell us how screwy this whole thing was.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
www.ctpost.com...
dated 12-20-12
Adam Lanza aspired to be a Marine -- one of "the few, the proud."
Failing that, he planned to join another branch of military service.
That is what he told his mother, Nancy Lanza, his biggest cheerleader, and that is what she relayed to one of her closest friends, Ellen Adriani, of Newtown. ...Adam Lanza first made his military aspirations known when he was 17...

Did he at least see a recruiter? You bet he did, just like all the others:

5-28-75 Centennial Secondary School, Michael Slobodian, 16
"...somebody asked him about his new short haircut and he replied, "I've joined the armed forces." She said he then made a machine gun motion as if he were firing at the party."
"...he did apply for admission to the local militia regiment."

12-6-89 Ecole Poytechnique, Marc Lepine, 25
Luc Riopel, the Laval landlord, said that when Lépine moved out, he had said that he was going off to join the army.
--1981 Marc Lepine applies to the Canadian Army, but is rejected as "unsuitable."

4-20-99 Columbine
Eric Harris, 18, had contact with a marine recruiter

9-16-99 Wedgewood Baptist Church, Larry Gene Ashbrook, 47
He served at least two stints in the Navy, said a spokesman for the Department of Veterans Affairs in Dallas.

12-26-00 Wakefield/Edgewater massacre, MA
Michael "Mucko" McDermott, 42, joined the Navy at age 17, serving aboard a nuclear submarine.

8-30-06 Orange HS, Hillsborough NC Alvaro Rafael Castillo, 19
The North Carolina National Guard said Thursday that Castillo entered the Guard in 2004 as a cook and completed Basic Combat Training in August 2005. Prior to his Advanced Individual Training ship date in May of 2006, he was determined to be medically disqualified for military service.

9-13-06 Dawson College, Montreal, Kimveer Gill, 25
Gill did basic training at the Canadian Forces Leadership and Recruit School in Saint-Jean, Que., for a month in 1999 The spokesman said he did not know the circumstances of Mr. Gill's premature departure.
--Friends said that, even in high school, Mr. Gill spoke of joining the Armed Forces

12-12-06 Springfield Township HS, PA Shane Halligan, 16
He had planned to attend a National Guard boot camp in the summer, between his junior and senior years(preparatory to joining the NG upon graduation).

4-16-07 Virginia Tech, Cho Seung Hui, 23
"My dad told me today that on MSNBC, between the time they identified Cho by name and the time they got the package, they said he was an ex-Marine, ex-Navy. Dad said they never mentioned it again..."
--There was also a photo seen on the net, not long after the shooting, of a guy who loked like a masked Cho in a US Marine cami uniform.

12-4-07 Omaha/Westroads Mall, Robert Hawkins, 21
Sources also tells Action 3 News that Hawkins recently tried to get into the Army but was not allowed to join.

12-9-07 YWAM/New Life Church Matthew Murray, 24
"Murray recently talked to an army recruiter about enlisting in the army reserves. The family did not know what happened with that."
"Steve states Matthew told him he was trying to get into the army."

2-14-08 Northern Illinois University, Steven Kazmierczak, 27
In September, 2001, Kazmierczak joined the army. Six months later he was issued an administrative discharge, before he completed basic training, though the exact reasons were not revealed.

7-27-08 TVUUC shooting, Jim D. Adkisson, 57
Military records show Adkisson was a private in the U.S. Army from 1974 to 1980 and served as a helicopter repairman for the 101st Airborne Division at Fort Campbell.

9-23-08 Kauhajoki School of Hospitality Matti Juhani Saari, 22
He entered the Finnish Defence Forces as a conscript in July 2006... Saari did not complete his military service. The FDF have not divulged details of why Saari's military service was terminated.

------------

Many of the perpetrators who commit random-rage shootings have ties to the military. Of course, people who are obsessed with weapons, war, and violence might normally be interested in the military, so this is not unduy suspicious. But you could also say that this is the route in which the perp/patsy first comes to the notice of the covert operators, as people who join the military take a battery of personality tests in which someone's propensity for violence or vulnerability to mind manipulation might be revealed. And it might provide an opportunity for the covert operators to conduct their mind-control programming far away from prying eyes.

/

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Hi everyone,

I am new here, so forgive me if I am doing this incorrectly. Or if I have posted this in the wrong thread.

There are some religious people who are making HUGE blanket statements about the cause of the shooting. I believe that people like Mike Huckabee and James Dobson do NOT represent accurate Christian theology.

Quoting: "This week, these “representatives” of Christianity in the American media, have done what they seem bent on doing and content to do in times of tragedy; they have stood on top of someone else’s pain and grief, while preaching a message of dreadfully misplaced, fear-infused hatred and horribly dangerous theology.

During a time when most people, (both religious and non-religious), have rallied around hurting people to express heartfelt condolences and great anguish, and have sought ways to somehow bring hope and healing to a devastated nation, Huckabee and Dobson have chosen instead, to blame the victims...."

johnpavlovitz.wordpress.com...

Quoting: "recently, you might have heard the rumor from Bryan Fischer, from Mike Hucakbee or a friend on Facebook, saying that God abandoned the children at Sandy Hook because, though children have every right to pray in public schools, those schools cannot sponsor prayer events out of deference to religious freedom. When asked where God was on that awful Friday morning, these Christians have said that God did not show up at Sandy Hook because “God is not allowed in public schools,” because “ we have systematically removed God” from that place. Brothers and sisters, let’s call this one for what it is: bull#."

rachelheldevans.com...

Thanks for reading my post.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Well, my chid's school (CT school) got cancelled for tomorrow. The email I recieved stated

Good afternoon,

Based on the advice of the New Milford Police Department, school is cancelled tomorrow, Friday, December 21, 2012. School will resume on Wednesday, January 2nd, 2013.

Please have a safe and enjoyable winter break.

Thank you.

Superintendent of Schools

I swear, what the hell is going through these peoples minds?
edit on 20-12-2012 by nowayreally because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Visceral
I was wondering something.

I know that it has been said the mother was a "doomsday prepper". A lot of preppers have a specific scenario for which they prep. I'm curious if the mother was prepping for something specific, and if so what impact (if any) did it have on Adam.

I think maybe that's because she MAY have owned 3 guns. Another smear article said she had a 'cache of large weapons'. (the 3 guns?) She was said ( by media) to target practice with Adam. Seems to me she obviously trusted him with guns and didn't seemed worried. She supposedly had them for self defense, does that make one a 'doomsday prepper' in and of itself, (that term seems to be used to create stereotypes). For me to believe that he suddenly would take a gun and shoot his mother in her sleep?, smash his hard drive up for nobody could read what it contained, and then go masscre a room full of children and faculty, it's going to have to take more evidence than this weak twisted convoluted nonsensical tale devoid of any real details, swirling around and being fed to the herd through the so called 'news'. I'm still thinking there must have been at least a couple of other significant people we're not hearing about. (just like at Columbine and maybe Aurora?)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   

We DO know that lol, from what I can tell little is known at all (ouside the inner circle), someone must have some VERY very convincing corroborated evidence, YES I believe he was let in as he MAY have been trying to flee from someone, he supposedly yelled Let me in, Let Me In, could it have been in FEAR why he was running, Am I to believe someone is going to let a guy dressed in black, carrying several weapons beating on the door in, c'mon is it possible he wasn't carrying any weapons surely not an assaulte rifle. If no rifle why the reported riflle wounds. Could he have been let in and someone followed him IN???

edit on 20-12-2012 by Tecumte because: text cr.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Tecumte

Well if a few guns is a large cache...... I had a large cache at 12 years old.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I said something like this at the last two shootings, I might as well say it again. I think the MSM is testing how much they can change a ridiculous story, and how frequently, before a majority of people actually notice. Sad to say, they still haven't found that point just yet, most people are oblivious in their ADD riddled brains.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I'm really trying to understand why Nancy Lanza is being crucified by the media and the public to the point that many are blaming her for essentially enabling Adam Lanza's actions but Adam's father, Peter Lanza, is not facing any backlash for Adam's actions.

According to USA Today the Lanza's had "joint legal custody" of Adam with Nancy having primary custody.

It is sickening and disgusting to me that the public and media are blaming a dead woman, murdered by her own son, for Adam's actions yet Peter Lanza is not accountable on any level for Adam's actions.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by starviego
www.ctpost.com...
dated 12-20-12
Adam Lanza aspired to be a Marine -- one of "the few, the proud."
Failing that, he planned to join another branch of military service.
That is what he told his mother, Nancy Lanza, his biggest cheerleader, and that is what she relayed to one of her closest friends, Ellen Adriani, of Newtown. ...Adam Lanza first made his military aspirations known when he was 17...

Did he at least see a recruiter? You bet he did, just like all the others:

5-28-75 Centennial Secondary School, Michael Slobodian, 16
"...somebody asked him about his new short haircut and he replied, "I've joined the armed forces." She said he then made a machine gun motion as if he were firing at the party."
"...he did apply for admission to the local militia regiment."

12-6-89 Ecole Poytechnique, Marc Lepine, 25
Luc Riopel, the Laval landlord, said that when Lépine moved out, he had said that he was going off to join the army.
--1981 Marc Lepine applies to the Canadian Army, but is rejected as "unsuitable."

4-20-99 Columbine
Eric Harris, 18, had contact with a marine recruiter

9-16-99 Wedgewood Baptist Church, Larry Gene Ashbrook, 47
He served at least two stints in the Navy, said a spokesman for the Department of Veterans Affairs in Dallas.

12-26-00 Wakefield/Edgewater massacre, MA
Michael "Mucko" McDermott, 42, joined the Navy at age 17, serving aboard a nuclear submarine.

8-30-06 Orange HS, Hillsborough NC Alvaro Rafael Castillo, 19
The North Carolina National Guard said Thursday that Castillo entered the Guard in 2004 as a cook and completed Basic Combat Training in August 2005. Prior to his Advanced Individual Training ship date in May of 2006, he was determined to be medically disqualified for military service.

9-13-06 Dawson College, Montreal, Kimveer Gill, 25
Gill did basic training at the Canadian Forces Leadership and Recruit School in Saint-Jean, Que., for a month in 1999 The spokesman said he did not know the circumstances of Mr. Gill's premature departure.
--Friends said that, even in high school, Mr. Gill spoke of joining the Armed Forces

12-12-06 Springfield Township HS, PA Shane Halligan, 16
He had planned to attend a National Guard boot camp in the summer, between his junior and senior years(preparatory to joining the NG upon graduation).

4-16-07 Virginia Tech, Cho Seung Hui, 23
"My dad told me today that on MSNBC, between the time they identified Cho by name and the time they got the package, they said he was an ex-Marine, ex-Navy. Dad said they never mentioned it again..."
--There was also a photo seen on the net, not long after the shooting, of a guy who loked like a masked Cho in a US Marine cami uniform.

12-4-07 Omaha/Westroads Mall, Robert Hawkins, 21
Sources also tells Action 3 News that Hawkins recently tried to get into the Army but was not allowed to join.

12-9-07 YWAM/New Life Church Matthew Murray, 24
"Murray recently talked to an army recruiter about enlisting in the army reserves. The family did not know what happened with that."
"Steve states Matthew told him he was trying to get into the army."

2-14-08 Northern Illinois University, Steven Kazmierczak, 27
In September, 2001, Kazmierczak joined the army. Six months later he was issued an administrative discharge, before he completed basic training, though the exact reasons were not revealed.

7-27-08 TVUUC shooting, Jim D. Adkisson, 57
Military records show Adkisson was a private in the U.S. Army from 1974 to 1980 and served as a helicopter repairman for the 101st Airborne Division at Fort Campbell.

9-23-08 Kauhajoki School of Hospitality Matti Juhani Saari, 22
He entered the Finnish Defence Forces as a conscript in July 2006... Saari did not complete his military service. The FDF have not divulged details of why Saari's military service was terminated.

------------

Many of the perpetrators who commit random-rage shootings have ties to the military. Of course, people who are obsessed with weapons, war, and violence might normally be interested in the military, so this is not unduy suspicious. But you could also say that this is the route in which the perp/patsy first comes to the notice of the covert operators, as people who join the military take a battery of personality tests in which someone's propensity for violence or vulnerability to mind manipulation might be revealed. And it might provide an opportunity for the covert operators to conduct their mind-control programming far away from prying eyes.

/

Wow. Extremely interesting and you make an extremely plausible point of infiltration.

A quote (from above) that stuck out regarding Adam's (reported) relationship with his mom:

That is what he told his mother, Nancy Lanza, his biggest cheerleader,

Do you really shoot your biggest cheerleader?

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tecumte

Yes. People shoot their biggest cheerleader, they shoot their lovers, they shoot their spouses, their fathers, their brothers, their neighbors, their dogs and people who cut them off in traffic.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
And if your mom is your biggest cheerleader and supports your future plans how is it she is going to have you 'committed'. Hmmmm. Was the kept press so eager for a story with a motive they just plulled that out of their collective ...hat? It's a shame the contents of that hard drive will never be know, if they pull something out now it wuld be like finding those 'missing' WMDs. Someone(s) wanted it gone. Whoever Adam may have been corresponding with online, may have allowed them to come to the house as 'guests' and be let in.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by DelMarvel

Yes. People shoot their biggest cheerleader, they shoot their lovers, they shoot their spouses, their fathers, their brothers, their neighbors, their dogs and people who cut them off in traffic.

That's true. They have what's called 'motive'. as I'm sure you're well aware of. But when I say 'biggest cheerleader' it's more of as a verb, not a noun. A supporter. There really has been no motive presented that would convince me Adam shot his biggest supporter, his mother, one who trusts him with guns, one who goes shooting with him, in bed asleep and then went and conveniently destroyed his hard drive and then went on a *calculated* rampage. I don't buy it. I think there's much much more to this story than the simple stick figure version the media has hobled together. MUCH more.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   

It's a shame the contents of that hard drive will never be know, .

And you know that how? The last interview I heard with Paul Vance he said they already had a lot of electronic evidence and that there was still a chance of getting information from the hard drive.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   

That's true. They have what's called 'motive'. as I'm sure you're well aware of. But when I say 'biggest cheerleader' it's more of as a verb, not a noun. A supporter. There really has been no motive presented that would convince me Adam shot his biggest supporter, his mother, one who trusts him with guns, one who goes shooting with him, in bed asleep and then went and conveniently destroyed his hard drive and then went on a *calculated* rampage. I don't buy it. I think there's much much more to this story than the simple stick figure version the media has hobled together. MUCH more.

You have absolutely no idea what was going on between that boy and his mother and neither does anyone else commenting on it including the media and the friends of Nancy Lanza who have given interviews.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   

It was also reported recently on the news that he broke in. They can't keep the story straight.

top topics

<< 150  151  152    154  155  156 >>

join