It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News - Shooting at Newtown, Connecticut elementary school.

page: 145
<< 142  143  144    146  147  148 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Adam Lanza's Hard Drive Damaged Beyond Repair? Motive for Shooting Hidden
Read more at global.christianpost.com...

"The computer's hard drive appeared to have been badly damaged with a hammer or screw driver," law enforcement authorities told ABC News on Monday. Two other sources reported to a local Connecticut paper that the hard drive had been in pieces.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Bumping it for a visit later.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lord Jules
reply to post by Steffenfield

So 'running around the school' now translates to 'being in the woods' ? Is the school surrounded by woods? Why would you be anywhere near woods if you were running around a school? I'll just add this to the list of discrepencies.

Here is video of the cops chasing "someone" in camo.

leaksource.wordpress.com...

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Well this is sad, how is this community ever going to resume some sort of normalcy?

As Newtown Schools Reopen, One Receives Phone Threat
Head O'Meadow Elementary asked parents to keep their kids at home.

This Reuters article says the Head O'Meadows Elementary school will remain on lockdown all day.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
How are mentally disturbed young men being identified and set up to be the patsy in domestic covert actions designed for 'problem-reaction-solution' programming of lawmakers and the general public in order to further the 'New World Order' agenda?

Early reports from Sandy Hook mentioned two or multiple shooters involved. This was reduced to one 'lone nut' as was the case in Aurora and many, many cases going all the way back to the original 'lone nut' in modern history: Lee Harvey Oswald.

Covert actions are usually set up in ways that one 'lone nut' (who fits the profile) is blamed and then it's an open and quickly shut case, case closed. This m.o. has been done successfully for years, RFK hit, MLK hit, mass shootings, John Lennon hit, you name it. As soon as lawmakers and the public are satisfied that the 'lone nut' in the media did it all by his lonesome, the secret agenda moves forward. Even in the case of 9/11, Osama bin Laden emerged quickly as the media's 'lone nut' just as Saddam Hussein had been the 'lone nut' who gave the USA 'no choice' but to invade Iraq and in so doing make the military-industrial complex and defense contractors much wealthier in the process.

I don't have any evidence that Sandy Hook was a covert op. But I do not rule it out, seeing as there is now such a big push to ban at least some types of firearms.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

Wow. If the dude had 90 mags, even if they were a mix of pistol and rifle, that is still a heck of a lot of weight
to be honest, i'm not buying the 90 clip report, but, it did come from the "professionals" investigating this trajedy, so, i'm not sure if i believe it or not.

one of the stories was that he had them taped together for rapid re-load and even that has to be difficult to maneuver with and remain 'on target', don't ya think?

and what outterwear is built in such a manner as to support 45 elongated clips ?

to top it all off, the officer giving an update stated that the majority of clips were not yet loaded ... so, where did he keep 6-8 boxes of ammo on his person ?

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Lord Jules

i will look for the requested links as i read about it and moved on.
it's possible the info was in this thread after pg 70.

supposedly, the gun retrieved from the trunk was a shotgun, not a rifle.
(i haven't seen video of that but others have)

one story said he was buzzed in, another claims he broke the door, another said he shot it out ... since i haven't seen photos, i'm not even gonna guess.

i don't see how the support/alimony payments figure in, could you be a bit more specific ?

Adam having a trust fund and limited access to it would be of more interest to me for reasons that should be obvious.

the only scene photo i've seen thus far was a very distant overhead view with no discernable details.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

yes, absolutely ... what he said ...

ETA: Just to clear things up for non-shooters....

Modern smokeless powders are made of nitrocellulose/nitroglycerin mixtures. The gases they produce when burned (as in firing weapons) DO NOT smell like sulfur.

Black powder contains sulfur and smells like sulfur when it is burned
smelled sulfur, sure, right, uuuuuuhuh

and, if he was 'joining his child at the school', why didn't he notice the busted front door and report it ?

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

and for those who do not know about Freedom Group, i'd suggest you learn.

if there was an agenda being served here ... it has just been delivered

Freedom Group is not about maintaining our freedoms, especially the one to adequatedly defend ourselves.

ETA - a few links worth exploring - Freedom Group
www.theblaze.com...

www.democraticunderground.com...

Behind this giant is Cerberus Capital Management, the private investment company that first came to widespread attention when it acquired Chrysler in 2007. ([color=amber]Chrysler later had to be rescued by taxpayers). With far less fanfare, Cerberus, through the Freedom Group, has been buying big names in guns and ammo. ....
www.freerepublic.com...
i do wonder where the Feinberg family connection might lead.
edit on 18-12-2012 by Honor93 because: ETA

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by PaperbackWriter

This is a group who "organised a red flag" and you think they can't selectively wipe what they want off a hard drive with out wiping it clean? Seriously

This is a group who "organised a red flag" and you think they will let people look at the hard drives if they don't want them to look at the hard drives

Who is this oh so powerful group that turns out can't do basic things without leaving clues all over the place for you guys to pick up on.

You guys are a joke

edit on 18-12-2012 by aivlas because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-12-2012 by aivlas because: Wow, fixed missing words

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Honor93
reply to post by NavyDoc

Wow. If the dude had 90 mags, even if they were a mix of pistol and rifle, that is still a heck of a lot of weight
to be honest, i'm not buying the 90 clip report, but, it did come from the "professionals" investigating this trajedy, so, i'm not sure if i believe it or not.

one of the stories was that he had them taped together for rapid re-load and even that has to be difficult to maneuver with and remain 'on target', don't ya think?

and what outterwear is built in such a manner as to support 45 elongated clips ?

to top it all off, the officer giving an update stated that the majority of clips were not yet loaded ... so, where did he keep 6-8 boxes of ammo on his person ?

You have a good eye for detail, I have to say. There is a lot of conflicting information and stuff that does not make sense. The naive side of me wants to dismiss it as just the "fog of war"--confusion and so forth surrounding a horrible event. The jaded side of me thinks that some of this is a bit too suspicious. Gun control was a dead topic since the Dems got creamed in the 1996 midterms and only something of this magnitude could ever give them any ground. The timing, with a lame duck liberal president and retention of the senate seems a bit too perfect. Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence, but three times is enemy action, as an old war horse once said to me.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Not sure if this was posted but its on the web posted 2 days ago.

At 1:10 p.m. about six men dressed in camouflage exited the church's education center and conferred with local police. The officers had large shields and guns drawn.

An Associated Press photographer saw police leave carrying something in a red tarp as a large crowd of parishioners gathered outside.
LINK

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by fluff007

Okay, you got your rebuttal in. Now PLEASE, let's stick with Newtown and save other comments for other threads.

Thanks.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mully
Naivety aside, the Federal Assault Weapons ban would have most likely stopped or prevented the killing of more people in the 2011 Tuscon Shooting and the 2012 Aurora Shooting. Gun control even prevented Adam Lanza from buying a gun and ammunition in Danbury earlier this week.

The Tuscon shooting used a semi-automatic handgun not even remotely close to being covered under the AWB. If a so-called 'assault weapon' wasn't available in the Aurora case, hundreds of other equally effective firearms were. Additionally, Holmes knew how to make sophisticated explosives out of household materials. If no firearms at all were available, it's obvious he had the wherewithal to kill many, many more people far quicker than the way he chose.

Originally posted by Mully[/iIf the Federal Government could follow suit with the standards set in place in New York State, add a psychological background check, initiate an exto facto magazine buyback program, and initiate a yearly gun census, we could most likely prevent a lot of these massacres from happeneing and prevent a lot of illegal gun sales.

Psychological background issues are already part of the NICS system. You could make the argument that stricter standards would've prevented this, but that would also be laced in fallacy. In Aurora, there was no history of extreme psychological stress. Holmes was under the care of a psychologist, yes, but to what extent is not known and likely wouldn't have raised flags using even the strictest of metrics. Are you going to ban firearm sales for anybody with any level of psychological problems? Depression? Anxiety? ADHD? For how long? A year? Five years? Forever? You're stringing together words to make what, prima facie, appears to be a cogent argument but is utterly destroyed by any level of critical and/or logistical evaluation.

In the CT case, the shooter stole the weapons from his mother, who by all accounts would've passed the psychological test with flying colors. So, tell us again how this could've been prevented.

Originally posted by MullySo I'll gladly take your illegal Federal Assault Weapons which include or multiples of the following:

- 10+ round magazines.
- Bayonet Mounts.
- Pistol Grips
- 50 or 100 round drum magazines.
- Folding or telescopic stocks
- Flash hiders.
- Rifle Grenade Launchers

So a 9 round magazine is so fundamentally different from a 10 round magazine that this would've been wholly prevented or, at very least, had a dramatically different outcome? You can reload a semi-automatic in less than 2 seconds. Literally. Instead of having five 30 rd magazines, you use 10-15 smaller, lighter, easier to carry, typically more reliable 9 round magazines and you've only cost yourself 15 seconds or so over the course of many minutes of shooting. Again, no critical or logistical evaluation of your statement.

Bayonet mounts were added as part of a set of criteria designed to encompass very specific firearms. There have, to my knowledge, not been any bayonet massacres in many, many decades. It's completely irrelevant to the current problems (neither the Aurora or CT weapons were equipped with bayonets) so we're back to arbitrary lines drawn to make willfully ignorant people feel like they've really solved the problem.

Pistol grips are also primarily cosmetic, but can be helpful in quick-fire, longer-range accuracy and in burst or fully automatic firing. They provide no functional advantage in close-quarter situations on semi-automatic firearms. Again, no bother to research the things you're espousing.

Folding/telescoping stocks are also irrelevant here. The AR-15s used were the M4 variant with a stock that can be shortened. This makes for slightly easier storage, but was primarily intended to make the rifle easier to handle and shoulder for a wide variety of body types (height, weight) without needing to permanently alter the stock as well as allowing for adjustability in situations where you're wearing very thick clothing. There is no functional advantage for, or relevance to, the Aurora or CT shootings.

Flash suppressors are used to hide the visible signature of gunfire in very dark situations. As these do next to nothing to the overall volume of the shot and do not at all affect accuracy, the only purpose for them on civilian weapons is cosmetic. Again, no functional advantage or relevance here.

Grenade launchers, since grenades are difficult and expensive to get, are also cosmetic. Neither the Aurora or CT shootings had weapons equipped with them. No relevance.

edit on 18-12-2012 by samcrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Continued:

I have no problem admitting I have certain firearms 'because I can.' Further, I, nor any other law-abiding person in this country, don't owe you an explanation or even a conversation because you and people like you are not at all interested in learning about the things you're trying to arbitrarily ban. You're convinced you're the only sane, rational voice in the conversation and that anybody who wants to own these things you have arbitrarily decided are 'assault weapons' (remember these are cosmetic distinctions, not functional) are weapons-crazed lunatics. You don't WANT to find anything out because you're convinced you already have the answers and thus your intellectual curiosity is fully satisfied. It's exceedingly difficult to have a conversation...any conversation...at that point.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Threads very large and don't know if this has been covered or not,

Uncle said Adam was taking Fanapt,

Lanza on antipsycotic drug

Maybe more importantly, though, Fanapt is one of a many drugs the FDA pumped out with an ability to exact the opposite desired effect on people: that is, you know, inducing rather than inhibiting psychosis and aggressive behavior.

In fact, Fanapt was dropped by its first producer, picked up by another, initially rejected by the FDA, then later picked up and mass produced. The adverse side-effect is said to be "infrequent," but still it exists, and can't be ignored.

The reaction invoked by the drug in some people is reminiscent of the Jeffrey R. MacDonald case, where a Green Beret slaughtered his entire family and then fabricated a story about a marauding troop of "hopped up hippies".

This whole thing just gets weirder by the day. If he was on this medication then diagnosis would have to be schizophrenia not asbergers.

As a scizophrenic and taking this particular drug then nothing would have stopped this except involuntary commitment.

If the above is true then the public should definately know of this before making emotional kneejerk reactions in the political arena.

Making a killing
edit on 18-12-2012 by Phoenix because: Added link

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by happyhomemaker29

Originally posted by RickKilgannon
I just got an automated call from my daughters high school that there was a threat reported to authorities about a shooting plot for tomorrow. She refuses to stay home saying, " No dumbass at my school is going to stop me from going, whoever it is suppose to be I can guarantee that they arent smart enough to pull it off." So I am letting her go & will just keep my eyes & ears open tomorrow.

I'll keep her in my thoughts and prayers today Rick. As a parent, I can understand how handwringing kids can be. And yes, sometimes foolhardy brave. Look at it this way, you raised a very brave young lady, who's not going to let anything stop her from getting her education. My thoughts and prayers that she is right.

Nothing happened today & I just got another automated call from the school saying that they are actively working with the local county sheriff dept. to provide a safe school environment. Daughter said that none of the kids at the school seem worried about it & everyone is just going about their normal routines.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Lord Jules

ok, here's the link i saw first ... www.ctpost.com...-3896838
and should it not work, here's the post it appeared ... www.abovetopsecret.com...

there is a scroll of photos, that for some reason, i can't view any larger than the thumbnail that appears.
they are not numbered, however the counter says 1-89 and this one should be around 23.
there are what looks like 3 officers inspecting a broken window (from where, which room, i have no idea) and i cannot see it clear enough to notice where the glass may be.

there are others in the scroll but they are either too dark or not enough detail for me see much of anything.

3 or 4 more advances of the scroll will reveal 2 photos, side-by-side that appear to be focused on broken windows but again, i cannot be sure.

anyway, that's a start.
i'll share more as i find them.
perhaps yourself or others who are more skilled can post enlargements here ?

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
A friend of mine in IL just told us about her sons school being on lockdown just now.. This is the link:
www.ktrs.com...

Thank goodness there are no reports of injuries.. but I can't imagine how terrifying this must be for all in the school, and all the families of them, especially so close to the Newtown incident..

new topics

top topics

<< 142  143  144    146  147  148 >>

join