It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News - Shooting at Newtown, Connecticut elementary school.

page: 144
<< 141  142  143    145  146  147 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Ok, so they are saying that Lanza's computer was so badly damaged that they can't recover any information. WHY would he destroy his computer and not leave a note or anything? Can the internet provider give any info? Do they keep track of web history or anything?

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Nevermind...
edit on 18-12-2012 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by RickKilgannon
I just got an automated call from my daughters high school that there was a threat reported to authorities about a shooting plot for tomorrow. She refuses to stay home saying, " No dumbass at my school is going to stop me from going, whoever it is suppose to be I can guarantee that they arent smart enough to pull it off." So I am letting her go & will just keep my eyes & ears open tomorrow.

I'll keep her in my thoughts and prayers today Rick. As a parent, I can understand how handwringing kids can be. And yes, sometimes foolhardy brave. Look at it this way, you raised a very brave young lady, who's not going to let anything stop her from getting her education. My thoughts and prayers that she is right.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Or are you only bringing this up now because you want to bring shame to those who are heartbroken over a particular group of children?

I'm mightily offended by that.. I had said at the beginning of my post that I meant no disregard or offence.. I just don't understand how people can be so heartbroken by something that happens to 1000s of other children everyday...

I certainly am not bringing shame upon anyone.. I just want people to realise that this happens all over the world and those poor children don't get a mention..

Who decided that an American childs life is better or worse than an Afghan child or Yemen child..

Children are important. No matter what nationality, race, size, shape etc...

I truly feel for the people affected by this, but I also truly feel for other people world wide who in my eyes have it worse... They get bombed to high heaven, thousands of innocent people children, women and men alike are slaughtered everyday...

Its awful that this happened, it really is - but what makes it more shocking and more sad than whats going on in the Middle East...? Probably because its closer to home..

Humans are hardwired to worry about their own community. That is why through the millenia, people take care of their own village or group, and not another's.

Maybe that is how you see it and how you believe it to be.. I care for all people. We are all one and the same.

Also, those countries commit horrible atrocities against their own people. They don't care about their own children. It doesn't mean we don't care, but people view it differently in war torn nations.

So because those countries commit horrible atrocities against their own people that makes it ok..? Their families and friends care.. Maybe the TPTB don't care.. But the people affected certainly do.
I never said you didnt care, people are not made aware of it because it is not reported on the MSM and in America things like this dont happen as often.

Americans protect their children. They realize how precious they are.

So you are saying that the only nation in the world that cares for and protects their children is America..? Wow..
Well stop poisoning your children.. 1 in 10 American teens has NAFLD (non alcoholic fatty liver disease) because of increasing levels of high fructose corn syrup in many food products...
www.greenmedinfo.com...

So you protect and care for your children..? Stop the GMO stuff too - that aint going to help them either..

I'm sorry but in the way of nations, America is not one that I would use or see as a role model..

No one has a right to tell someone who they should grieve over.

Where exactly in my post did I say this...?
All I was doing was giving my two cents and contributing how I feel.. Again like I specified in my original post I meant NO disregard or offence to anyone..

They care for the children too.. They feel your pain.. You dont see American kids doing this for the Pakistani kids. So does the US feel their pain too..?

We should care for all. Not just our own..
edit on 18-12-2012 by fluff007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by klebics

16) When Obama flew in many were smiling

I saw an interview yesterday with parents of one of the little girls that got killed. Both me and OH just sat there with our mouths open...

I know people grieve in difeerent ways, but I spotted the mothers shiny white eyeballs. Now luckily I've never had a child die (and never will, not having any children), but my beloved cat died this summer. First week all I did was cry (incapable of talking at all), and anyone that saw me for the next two weeks would have seen me with eyes bright red from all the crying.

OH just says "He shaved!" as he couldn't get his head around that anyone that's just lost a child three days ago would be bothered to shave (he does have children).. and no, he didn't shave for well over a week after loosing our kitty. Nor was he able to talk about her for weeks either... unlike me who did nothing but cry and stick pictures up her everywhere and clutching an old Christmas collar she had. If my child had died and I'd found a drawing saying "I love you mommy" they'd have to pry it out of my hands, as I'd be cluthing it to my chest.

The interview was on ABC I think, but the only link I can find for it tells me it's not available in my area (Europe):
gma.yahoo.com...

Maybe I'm just being silly, maybe they find comfort in their girl being with Jesus (or whatever afterlife they believe in), or maybe they are refusing to accept the fact that their daugther is dead.

I did see real fear, confusion and grief on the day it happened though. A woman was talking to a police officer, there was no sound, it was just used a background. I first believed she was holding a recorder, and she was a reporter that possibly knew one of the kids. I remember thinking "her grief makes her so beautiful", and then she held up what I had mistaken or a recorder and showed to the police officer. I believe it to be a cell phone and she was showing him a picture, possibly of one of the victims, maybe asking if he'd seen him/her... and she broke down crying.
edit on 18-12-2012 by aspiechick because: I can spell, but my fingers clearly have a life of their own.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by tl1977
Holy COW this thread got long! I stopped following it somewhere in the 70's, but I am hoping someone can help me with a question. I know someone said they saw both Adam and Ryan Lanza's Facebook pages, that they both subscribed to some guy who likes guns or something. I am reading in online news articles that Adam Lanza was such a recluse that he didn't even have a Facebook page. Did anyone get a screenshot of his page? Just wondering.

You are correct, I posted that info on page 80 or so of the thread. Both had FB pages and they are archived. The guy whose page the brothers subscribed to was a page by Josh Halloway.

Adams FB page can be seen on YT....just look for IdahoPicker channel. I am not him, but did forward him the pages and it seems hes used them on many vids. Perhaps he already had the pages though, so dont wanna take credit where it aint due.

Im going to be honest though...there are some discrepencies with Adam Lanzas page.

His picture looks nothing like the ones we have been shown on tv. Many are pics of him younger we see on tv, but cant see how that dorky looking kid coulda turned out looking like he did.

His page was updated that day at 6am. His political affiliation was changed from something to "Anarchist, Communism"

Thought that was strange. If you cant find the YT channel, pm me and 'll forward the pages of the 8 I have.

That Josh Halloway IS the second shooter if there is one. The guy is creepy as hell and theres pics of him and Adam target shooting together. Its the only pictures in which Adam is NOT alone. Not one pic of him and his mother target shooting like the msm has been saying. In fact, none of the 8 FB pages I archived including family never mebtion Nancy ever. All the way back to 2006 I cannot find one mention from family members FB or the few friends. Seems a bit "off" to me idk.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
reply to post by DarKPenguiN

Because it can be a nervous reaction, having nothing to do with mirth. Just like cats have a purr for contentment and then a purr for fear.

I have to agree. Laughter is quite often a reaction when uncomfortable or nervous for some people.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by PaperbackWriter

The video is now just a screen shot not abke to be watched. At least on my iphone anyway.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848
reply to post by NavyDoc

I simply think the number of clips and the amount a clip can hold is the problem. You can have a gun or a rifle just leave the large capacity out of it. And the line that a clip is only a couple pieces of metal and a spring is bull that people keep repeating. That line is even showing up on the news. Military weapons should be left in combat not on the streets even though the military contractors wish to have a larger market. Explo Systems Inc who got in trouble for storing 6 million pounds of explosives illegally don't even have a military contract. Although they did order 616 crates of explosive from Turkey and had it delivered to North or South Carolina. And they are tied to online sales of gun powder to the public at large. The owners are still hiding over seas. Military Industrial Complex is getting out of control.

Just look at how the assault weapon used was advertised. Man Card?

The guy had 20 minutes alone in a school with nobody to stop him. You really think that a magazine with a 10 round limit would have made a difference? 5 rounds?

I re-load. I get gunpower to reload. What is so terrifying about that?

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by DelMarvel

Originally posted by NavyDoc

Depends on the model of the AR-15 used, barrell length, accessories such as sights put on, but a plain, unadorned AR-15 is about 7 pounds. 3 full magazines of 30 rounds gets you another eight for a total of around 15 pounds for a rifle and 90 rounds ready to go. Add another 8 pounds for every 3 magazines of 90 rounds. I don't know how many rounds he would have started with.

So if I'm understanding NavyDoc right an unadorned AR-15 with 270 rounds and the magazines to hold them comes out to around 31 pounds.

Not really that much for an adult male of any physique to carry. Even twice that is very plausible. Being skinny doesn't necessarily mean someone is weak. And a lot of the speculation about how "weak" he was is based on what are obviously out of date photos of him as a teen or younger. He was twenty years old.

That is about right by my math.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
A video made by a Sandy Hook Parent, very touching.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

@ DelMarvel
even though that is not alot of weight for one unit, it is reported this shooter was carrying 3-6 weapons (of varying weights) with an additional 90 clips (and some of those max capacity).

again, it's not excessive weight until you put it all on your body and become mobile.
besides weight, there is extreme bulk.
and personally, i don't see this guy managing it like the story is being told.

11 shots to a single body and still no "stray" bullets ??

here's another thing i'm curious about and i'll bet we'll never know ... the broken windows ... was the broken glass concentrated inside or outside the building ?

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Honor93
reply to post by NavyDoc

@ DelMarvel
even though that is not alot of weight for one unit, it is reported this shooter was carrying 3-6 weapons (of varying weights) with an additional 90 clips (and some of those max capacity).

again, it's not excessive weight until you put it all on your body and become mobile.
besides weight, there is extreme bulk.
and personally, i don't see this guy managing it like the story is being told.

11 shots to a single body and still no "stray" bullets ??

here's another thing i'm curious about and i'll bet we'll never know ... the broken windows ... was the broken glass concentrated inside or outside the building ?

Wow. If the dude had 90 mags, even if they were a mix of pistol and rifle, that is still a heck of a lot of weight.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

Please post links related to broken windows if you have them, I was thinking the same thing. If the coroner says everyone was wounded by a long range rifle, and the rifle was in the trunk, the shooter could have fired inwards to the school, then placed the rifle in the trunk. Windows being blown in would prove this theory, and in fact, the shots fired into the door may be a deception, as the story says he fired his way in, but maybe this was just the initial sniper gunshots.

Also, Nancy Lanza was getting 200 k alimony payments, follow the money, which also would explain the libor scandal hoax as intentional misinformation. The father made about 400k a year, so 200k is half his yearly salary. Something to think about.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
This has probably been mentioned before but the mystery man found in the woods is Chris Manfredonia.

Source:;

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Okay, I did a search on this site and Chris Manfredonia's name didn't come with a single result.

You can find more of the story on this page from the Los Angeles. Times:
Gunman kills 20 kids, 6 adults at Connecticut elementary school

Chris Manfredonia, whose 6-year-old daughter attends the school, was heading there Friday morning to help make gingerbread houses with first-graders when he heard popping sounds and smelled sulfur.

He ran around the school trying to reach his daughter and was briefly handcuffed by police. He later found his child, who had been locked in a small room with a teacher.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Steffenfield

So 'running around the school' now translates to 'being in the woods' ? Is the school surrounded by woods? Why would you be anywhere near woods if you were running around a school? I'll just add this to the list of discrepencies.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by fluff007

By all means start your own thread about Pakistani children if you feel its important, however, the title of this thread mentions its about a school shooting in Connecticut, not Pakistan so your commebts are unwelcome the way I see it.

And lemme just say what the rest of you are thinking, but won't verbalize. I do not gaf about kids overseas. I do not care...at all. Let their government and LEO's deal with them. If someone at the Pentagon decides a group of 10 year olds in Pakistan need a drone strike, so be it. Fact is, those types of countries brainwash kids at a young age to believe in Jihad and to blow themselves up.

Stop derailing the thread, you offend the OP and most of the rest of us with your feel good happy vomit.

And please....did you shed a tear the last time a drone took out some kids in a craphole country 12,000 miles away? I didnt.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Steffenfield

smelled sulfur.

So, was the shooter using a blackpowder weapon now?

Or maybe this guy is prone to making things up?

ETA: Just to clear things up for non-shooters....

Modern smokeless powders are made of nitrocellulose/nitroglycerin mixtures. The gases they produce when burned (as in firing weapons) DO NOT smell like sulfur.

Black powder contains sulfur and smells like sulfur when it is burned.

edit on 18-12-2012 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
The owners of the company that make the Bushmaster are selling it off.

www.washingtonpost.com... 9e1cb8-4914-11e2-8af9-9b50cb4605a7_story.html?

NEW YORK — The private equity firm Cerberus will sell its stake in a firearms company that produced one of the weapons believed to have been used in the shootings at an elementary school in Newtown, Conn., calling it a “watershed event” in the national debate on gun control.

While saying that it’s not its role to take positions or attempt to shape or influence the gun control debate, Cerberus said it is taking what action it can by selling its stake in the Freedom Group, which makes the Bushmaster rifle.

new topics

top topics

<< 141  142  143    145  146  147 >>

join