It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News - Shooting at Newtown, Connecticut elementary school.

page: 141
<< 138  139  140    142  143  144 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by RickKilgannon
I just got an automated call from my daughters high school that there was a threat reported to authorities about a shooting plot for tomorrow. She refuses to stay home saying, " No dumbass at my school is going to stop me from going, whoever it is suppose to be I can guarantee that they arent smart enough to pull it off." So I am letting her go & will just keep my eyes & ears open tomorrow.

Well let's hope nothing goes on. She just wants to be Valedictorian of the year.
Can't be afraid all your life. And I bet if something did happen, she would beat the kid senseless.
"Don't you even dare mess up my honor roll." I can just see her now.

edit on 17-12-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
there reporter for CNN said this exactly that his computer is smash to smithereens...

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

The platters in the hard drive can shatter in to millions of pieces at the slightest bit of pressure.
They can shatter in to large bits
They can bend around on to themselves with out snapping
They can be punctured
edit on 17-12-2012 by aivlas because: (no reason given)

EDIT
You can just wipe the data as well or encrypt it

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by usaman1983
Just heard CNN that Lanza's computer was smash up into a ton of pieces and authorities trying to put it back together and look through it, if you smash up your computer into a ton pieces is there any way to put it back together to get info off of it?

Did the authorities have to smash it in the first place or perhaps just stand to the side? (just wondering)

I would have thought Lanza would have had a big net print allegedly being into computers and all. What did he use them for? Did he get online?

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I located a link to what is supposed to be the whole speech. You can hear laughter at that totally inappropriate anecdote, and something I can't ID at the start.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   

I just got an automated call from my daughters high school that there was a threat reported to authorities about a shooting plot for tomorrow. She refuses to stay home saying, " No dumbass at my school is going to stop me from going, whoever it is suppose to be I can guarantee that they arent smart enough to pull it off." So I am letting her go & will just keep my eyes & ears open tomorrow.

I was listening to the scanner today. A kid went down to the guidance counselors office & claimed there was another student with a gun in the local high school. He created all kinds of chaos, 2 schools went into immediate lockdown, k9s were brought in, turned out, the kid was lying. Cops arrested him & hauled him off to the p.d. The local p.d. were furious...

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Just heard CNN that Lanza's computer was smash up into a ton of pieces and authorities trying to put it back together and look through it, if you smash up your computer into a ton pieces is there any way to put it back together to get info off of it?

Unless you drill a hard drive, there are supposed to be ways they an get information. Hooking one up to another working computer isn't hard at all. Plus, whoever provided his internet could give them his IP, and they could look into things that way as well.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

Drilling (unless your talking about drilling the whole surface) wont work unless it shatters the platters and then that might still not be enough

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   

I just get ther strongest feeling 'someone' wanted to destroy evidence, WHY?, doesn't make sense. (or does it)

I guess the assailant/victim? can always be blamed, just saying, he won't be able to offer any defense.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by aivlas

Computer forensics is crap anyways, they could always plant whatever they want to be found with a timestamp of a few months ago.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Oh, wow.....did they say what they were doing about the threat? Or what sort? I don't know that I would allow one of mine to go under those circumstances. The way things have been going, it's a wonder the school is even staying open. Well, keep us posted, in any case, and praying nothing happens!

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Why bother smashing the computer if they are going to release what they want to release? scared of someone stealing it, but then it wouldn't matter because it would hold what they want it to hold.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by aivlas

Drilling (unless your talking about drilling the whole surface) wont work unless it shatters the platters and then that might still not be enough

Well, I think that's what it ends up doing. Never tried it myself. That was what I saw recommended if you were tossing out a computer, to be sure no one got to your data.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Just had a google and it is just drilling a hole.

Drilling might be ok for deterring petty data thieves but parts can still be read given the right equipment.
If you shatter the platter I'm guessing it will be the same as above
(mmmm platter dust)

Want to be safe melt it down or run a drive wiper (ccleaner will be fine) then shatter it

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Just had a google and it is just drilling a hole.

Drilling might be ok for deterring petty data thieves but parts can still be read given the right equipment.
If you shatter the platter I'm guessing it will be the same as above
(mmmm platter dust)

Want to be safe melt it down or run a drive wiper (ccleaner will be fine) then shatter it

Yeah, that's what I figure. All my old ones, the drive died, though, lol. Nothing on there the police would worry about, in any case.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   

If that happens and you can't fix it then burn if needed
Doubt a dead drive would stay dead for long

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   

reply to post by TKDRL

Why bother smashing the computer if they are going to release what they want to release? scared of someone stealing it, but then it wouldn't matter because it would hold what they want it to hold.

The One's "finding" the computer ,certainly don't have to be the one's that may have smashed the computer (done beforehand), the news clip made it sound pretty thorough, like someone may have been afraid of perhaps some emails.... etc....WHAT IF this young man (assuming he even had a role in it) was being 'coached' and some of the messages were still on the hard drive.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Tecumte

Make a lot of mistakes these people...

EDIT
Link to article

Adam Lanza removed his computer disk drive and smashed it, making it difficult, if not impossible, to recover data, authorities and tech experts say. Two sources told The Hartford Courant the hard drive was broken in pieces, while ABC News reports the drive "appeared to have been badly damaged with a hammer or screwdriver."

www.usatoday.com...

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   

there reporter for CNN said this exactly that his computer is smash to smithereens...

What if the computers smashed were also his Mom's?

What if his was not the real target for destruction given the previous posts I've read.

What if she were compiling certain evidence/info on hers?
edit on 17-12-2012 by PaperbackWriter because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   

reply to post by Tecumte

Make a lot of mistakes these people...

EDIT
Link to article

Adam Lanza removed his computer disk drive and smashed it, making it difficult, if not impossible, to recover data, authorities and tech experts say. Two sources told The Hartford Courant the hard drive was broken in pieces, while ABC News reports the drive "appeared to have been badly damaged with a hammer or screwdriver."

www.usatoday.com...

WEll not saying it is or isn't but IF they make mistakes they surely must be ourweighed by cunning, subtrafuge, shear ruthlessness, and likely an endless supply of cash. I'm hoping Gleen Beck or Rush, or Oreilly or maybe even Oprah or one of the Mockingbird press outlets can come on and alllay my suspicions with some nice patriotic rhetoric and maybe someone in a white coat with some charts and graphs. Where's Faux when you need em? And CNN? lol I saw where they were saying Lanza's mother hade a 'cache of large weapons'. Wow. Just wow.

top topics

<< 138  139  140    142  143  144 >>

join