It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News - Shooting at Newtown, Connecticut elementary school.

page: 140
<< 137  138  139    141  142  143 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by PaperbackWriter

Really? They laughed at the service? I didn't catch that.

I did notice that Obama tried to make a funny by referencing the little boy who (apparently) said to a teacher that it would be ok because he knew karate. That made me uncomfortable too - it was a cute antidote, but would only be funny under other circumstances.
edit on 17-12-2012 by CCKP72 because: edit

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Found a vid of a news report where it is said that four handguns "and only four handguns" were recovered in the school. Described as "info from multiple federal and state authorities".

I cannot remember what website it was on, but I did download the video to my phone. Without any reference as to the original source to embed a link to it, is there a way I can post it here? Its not on youtube, or if it is, I cant find it so cant link to there either.

Any help would be great...

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tecumte

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes

Has anyone tried to put together a similarity list between ALL of these bizarre shootings, it's like some Dr. Strangelove is planning and orchestrating these devilish and extravagant shows of violence from behind a curtain somewhere (or maybe a bunker..hmmm),

Yes, I have a thread of that, in my signature. Trying to get all the facts on ALL the cases in one place, so we can compare, see what is media stupidity vs actual official contradictions, and so forth. it would be a lot simpler to look at it all together, sort out who said what, and compare notes in one place.

I find it odd many of the alleged killers all seemed to go to great lengths to try and HIDE their faces (identities?), using masks etc., it appears they had no thought of trying to get away, why the need and worry if people knew who they were? I thought that was the whole idea.

That is one of the odd parts. they act, in every way, as though they plan to escape, then shoot themselves instead. In some cases, before the police are even there, when they could have escaped easily. That's one reason I wanted to compare notes!

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by PaperbackWriter

Originally posted by CCKP72
reply to post by DarKPenguiN

Agree on the reaction of laughter at shocking moments. However, in this particular situation, I honestly don't see how that is a reasonable reaction. Just my 2 cents.

And also, by the time he gave this interview in comparision to when it happened, surely the intial shock would have subsided.
edit on 17-12-2012 by CCKP72 because: more

The whole audience was chuckling when Obama went to the memorial at the high school too, which really
made me uncomfortable and wonder who were the people invited to attend that also.

Whether this story is just like they say at any given moment (subject to change), or if the whole sickening thing
is some sort of part staged psy-op part blackmail scheme, it is no laughing matter.
I agree, it is shocking.

Do you have a video link for that? All I saw was a clip of him making veiled comments about gun control, and reading off names.

No. I was at work making excuses to lurk near the TV as I don't watch one at home.
It was a longer clip than just the naming of kids. This was earlier before lunch. Later I noticed it had been shortened down and didn't include the guffaws anymore in response to whatever he was speaking about.
I would be surprised though if the whole thing hasn't been uploaded to Youtube by now by somebody.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   

reply to post by PaperbackWriter

Really? They laughed at the service? I didn't catch that.

I did notice that Obama tried to make a funny by referencing the little boy who (apparently) said to a teacher that it would be ok because he knew karate. That made me uncomfortable too - it was a cute antidote, but would only be funny under other circumstances.
edit on 17-12-2012 by CCKP72 because: edit

Yes, that was one of the moments. There were others also regarding annecdotes about these kids.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Has anyone tried to put together a similarity list between ALL of these bizarre shootings, it's like some Dr. Strangelove is planning and orchestrating these devilish and extravagant shows of violence from behind a curtain somewhere (or maybe a bunker..hmmm),

Yes, I have a thread of that, in my signature. Trying to get all the facts on ALL the cases in one place, so we can compare, see what is media stupidity vs actual official contradictions, and so forth. it would be a lot simpler to look at it all together, sort out who said what, and compare notes in one place.

I find it odd many of the alleged killers all seemed to go to great lengths to try and HIDE their faces (identities?), using masks etc., it appears they had no thought of trying to get away, why the need and worry if people knew who they were? I thought that was the whole idea.

That is one of the odd parts. they act, in every way, as though they plan to escape, then shoot themselves instead. In some cases, before the police are even there, when they could have escaped easily. That's one reason I wanted to compare notes!

The Mask thing (while "convenient" for a conspiracy) does not necessarily mean anything to me.

Many reasons possible. For instance it could help them "separate" from the event by seeing things through the eyes of a mask- it could also be used to strike fear. These are terrorists (no doubt) and using the masks affords them more terror than by not- They become "Horror movies" personified. yes, they will die and people will know who they are - But the fear caused would be greater (and greater lasting) using the symbolism of a "cold" inhuman "mask".

-In other words, I can "understand' the wearing of a mask even if they plan on killing themselves/being killed.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Agree on the reaction of laughter at shocking moments. However, in this particular situation, I honestly don't see how that is a reasonable reaction. Just my 2 cents.

And also, by the time he gave this interview in comparision to when it happened, surely the intial shock would have subsided.
edit on 17-12-2012 by CCKP72 because: more

The whole audience was chuckling when Obama went to the memorial at the high school too, which really
made me uncomfortable and wonder who were the people invited to attend that also.

Whether this story is just like they say at any given moment (subject to change), or if the whole sickening thing
is some sort of part staged psy-op part blackmail scheme, it is no laughing matter.
I agree, it is shocking.

Do you have a video link for that? All I saw was a clip of him making veiled comments about gun control, and reading off names.

No. I was at work making excuses to lurk near the TV as I don't watch one at home.
It was a longer clip than just the naming of kids. This was earlier before lunch. Later I noticed it had been shortened down and didn't include the guffaws anymore in response to whatever he was speaking about.
I would be surprised though if the whole thing hasn't been uploaded to Youtube by now by somebody.

Think I am going to go take a look. That and the anecdote someone else mentioned above, should be seen. That's seriously sick! Of course, YT will probably pull it if it is up. They are good at being biased.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by starviego

I have compiled my own list, which might be of interest:

signofthetimes.yuku.com...

---------------

BTW, the statements made by the school nurse is another example of the strange way the story has evolved:

Was:

www.telegraph.co.uk...
15.00 (10.00) USA Today said they had interviewed a very traumatized school nurse from Sandy Hook, who described how the gunman walked into her office and looked her straight in the eye. She then was said to have ducked under the desk before he then inexplicably turned around and walked out.
She also said she knew the suspect's mother, Nancy, describing her as an "absolutely loving, caring kindergarten teacher."

see video
www.wkyc.com...

Now:

www.nypost.com...
(School nurse Sarah)Cox held her breath when she heard someone open her office door. Through the openings of the desk, she saw a pair of legs from the knees down wearing dark clothing and boots. “I could see by the position of the feet that they were facing my desk,” Cox said, describing her brush with Lanza... Cox said he was no more than 20 feet away from her. “The person was there just a few seconds,” Cox said. ... “He turned around and walked out....”
When she learned Lanza’s identity, she could not recall him being a student at the school.

edit on 17-12-2012 by starviego because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-12-2012 by starviego because: (no reason given)

WOW, super star for you, that is absolutely an astounding amount of information, it would take a long time to read through, (I have it makrked) but it tells me alot just by scanning what I already intuitively highly suspected: Perhaps Dr. Strangelove has a counterpart. Would make a good thread.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarKPenguiN

The Mask thing (while "convenient" for a conspiracy) does not necessarily mean anything to me.

Many reasons possible. For instance it could help them "separate" from the event by seeing things through the eyes of a mask- it could also be used to strike fear. These are terrorists (no doubt) and using the masks affords them more terror than by not- They become "Horror movies" personified. yes, they will die and people will know who they are - But the fear caused would be greater (and greater lasting) using the symbolism of a "cold" inhuman "mask".

-In other words, I can "understand' the wearing of a mask even if they plan on killing themselves/being killed.

Well, that is a possibility, and should certainly be considered. That's the sort of thing I was looking for in that thread; other possibilities, other considerations. There is so much scattered data, so many little things, I thought it would be good to get them all together. Good to discuss in any of the threads, really.

I won't discount the possibility of some conspiracy, but i think we should be careful in investigating the possibilities, as well.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Because it can be a nervous reaction, having nothing to do with mirth. Just like cats have a purr for contentment and then a purr for fear.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
One other story I managed to catch today that I wanted to relate was an interview with Jeffrey Thomas ?
a fireman. I have the question mark there because the reporter that wretched Brooke creature asked him
for his first and last name. He hesitated and stated. Jeffrey Thomas but I had the distinct impression that
that was just his first and middle name and he left off his last name.

Here's why:

The fireman is unpacking is wreaths donated from Oregon. So she strikes up an interview with him.
She asks him where he was on Friday and how long he'd been with the Dept.
He said that he was working across town, in a very awkward way.
He said he found out what was going on because he saw helicopters flying overhead.
His answer when asked about what he thought was going on replied, I figured it was only 1 or 2 cause that's what he heard later.
Then...after a long pause while somebody told Brooke what to ask next in her earphones asks very slowly and robotically..."What did you do after you saw the helicopters, did you go to the fire dept?
He said, Uh...yeah?
He never knew until helicopters were flying over, so he was not a first responder as he claimed or she claimed.

It was weird. One other thing, when asked how he felt, he said he felt sad and guilty.

I've already looked to see if anybody uploaded this but I haven't check CNN homepage yet to see if the video is available.
edit on 17-12-2012 by PaperbackWriter because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarKPenguiN

Sure obviously possible, but when I look at the shear number of 'senseless' shootings, and compare the MOs, and I understand how these events hammered into the public psche over and over produce a well stated desired change, I guess I see the age old Problem Reaction Solution paradigm, Order out of Chaos, a wagging of the dog, you know the tune, directed history. I read an article lately called "Would they kill the Children"? I don't know. What does history say?

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Just heard CNN that Lanza's computer was smash up into a ton of pieces and authorities trying to put it back together and look through it, if you smash up your computer into a ton pieces is there any way to put it back together to get info off of it?

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by fluff007

I have seen a few of these statements on these boards the past few days. So this is for all of those posts:

Let me ask you, have you started any threads or have you taken any action to raise awareness for these children in other countries? Or are you only bringing this up now because you want to bring shame to those who are heartbroken over a particular group of children?

Humans are hardwired to worry about their own community. That is why through the millenia, people take care of their own village or group, and not another's.

Also, those countries commit horrible atrocities against their own people. They don't care about their own children. It doesn't mean we don't care, but people view it differently in war torn nations.

We as American's go to great lengths for our security.

Americans protect their children. They realize how precious they are. Not to mention, this community had only 3 detectives There hasn't been a murder there in 10 years. Those children and parents never, EVER, had a reason. to think that their children wouldn't be safe for any reason.

This is the same reason that there was so much anger over the girls killed at the school at the Amish community. Those poeple never act hostility, they live quiet lives, they were not in the middle of a war, yet one of our own attacked and killed them for absolutely no reason.

That is why it is so disconcerting.

There are always going to be other situations. No one denies that. But when people are mourning for their own, to sit there and say, you have no right because of this reason, would be a form of mental abuse if there was a one on one sitation.

No one has a right to tell someone who they should grieve over.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by usaman1983

Depends what happened pre smash and how it was smashed.

www.capsicumgroup.com...

I can remember seeing a good video on professional level techniques but I can't remember where I saw it, sorry.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Depends how smashed. If the metal discs were all messed up, it would be extremely difficult.

link   
I don't believe that this has been mentioned yet.

On the morning Adam Lanza allegedly gunned down his mother, 20 small children, and five adults in a Connecticut school, his uncle was on the front page of a New Hampshire newspaper for bringing a man back to life.

Source:
Adam Lanza: Newtown Massacre Suspect a Puzzle to Authorities

link   
I just got an automated call from my daughters high school that there was a threat reported to authorities about a shooting plot for tomorrow. She refuses to stay home saying, " No dumbass at my school is going to stop me from going, whoever it is suppose to be I can guarantee that they arent smart enough to pull it off." So I am letting her go & will just keep my eyes & ears open tomorrow.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   

It depends on the extent of the damage and where the brunt of the damage was incurred. I would say that there is a very good possibility of getting at the memory at the very least. These gov't IT guys are experts and I suspect they will be able to recover the files they are looking for.

I haven't seen any reports yet to say that the data might be damaged beyond recovery. Unless they are 'saving' that zinger.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by usaman1983
Just heard CNN that Lanza's computer was smash up into a ton of pieces and authorities trying to put it back together and look through it, if you smash up your computer into a ton pieces is there any way to put it back together to get info off of it?

All they need is the hard drives and memory.
edit on 17-12-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 137  138  139    141  142  143 >>

join